Lisa Matchups thread

Konton

Honestly I'd say against Hitomi 4H+K is your best friend. Get all up in your face <4H+K> BIATCH PLEASE! XD Hitomi shouldn't be much trouble from a distance if you can put carrera and some other sh** into play. But any match up is hard if you speaking for online. You can't react to sweeps well enough so yeah.

Hitomi can punish 4f+k on block with power punches though, which is bad for us in this game because you're probably getting hit into a wall and unholdably launched for shenanigans. Power punches also stuff Carrera (sans the super unsafe am nd risky carrera p+k) entirely unless you free cancel and block.

Prince Adon

Best in the World!!!
Premium Donor
Hitomi can punish 4f+k on block with power punches though, which is bad for us in this game because you're probably getting hit into a wall and unholdably launched for shenanigans. Power punches also stuff Carrera (sans the super unsafe am nd risky carrera p+k) entirely unless you free cancel and block.

Which is why you use 4F+K to interrupt strings, and her parry. If you just throwing it out there of course you'll be punished. No matter what you'll have to be "smart" at using Carrera. If you can't do that then you're already doomed. It's a matter of knowing your match up, and what your opponents are capable of. If you keep them on there toes with Carrera with how much you can use it as a fake out they'll be afraid of what you'll do next. It's not a good idea to depend on the follow ups from Carrera, but the things you can accomplish by cancelling it.

Batcommander

Anybody have any experience against Helena and her shenanigans? I haven't fought any and i was watching the NEC stream and how people just get decimated by that force tech stuff.

Gruff757

Standard Donor
for some reason....i feel like 9K shenanigans 1K and BT P+K are some of Lisa's best options vs Helena. I might need more matches with CrimsonCJ to confirm lol.

Tones

Premium Donor
Don't let Helena get on the offense. Start strong, end strong. Lisa's mid and long distance game is better than Helenas, so don't worry if you get countered or thrown. Threaten the wake up kick. Spam 4k+f

ErickBello

Hi!
Hmm, I'm not a Lisa player but I'm having pretty frustrating matchups against her, as a Kasumi player, can't do anything when Lisa gets away...

I asked for this on the Kasumi forum, but I need a little more info, so I'm here.

Chaos

If anything it's hard ONLINE. At least for me. I play based on offline which is why I can't stand to play online. Half the stuff I can't even do online. Not to mention the lag makes the already crappy buffing worse.
Same here...when I was playing DOAD online (I use to have internet service along time ago, but not anymore) :(

Edit: Im using a my moble phone

Gruff757

Standard Donor
k
Hi!
Hmm, I'm not a Lisa player but I'm having pretty frustrating matchups against her, as a Kasumi player, can't do anything when Lisa gets away...

I asked for this on the Kasumi forum, but I need a little more info, so I'm here.
Kasumi's mids and lows kill lisa's best means of getting in on you,

as far as getting away, you pretty much just dont let her, keep constant pressure on her and try to drive her into the corner, and be careful on your attacks cause lisa has a a few quick grabs that will get you if you dont watch your unsafe options

Paradise

Anybody have any experience against Helena and her shenanigans? I haven't fought any and i was watching the NEC stream and how people just get decimated by that force tech stuff.
Once Helena gets her offense started i'm pretty much in the same place as everyone else. Guessing correctly or getting caught in the white girl blender. But I have found plenty of moves that are good in general combat that she can't BKO duck that at least cover that option.

Awesmic

Standard Donor
I'm generally a rush down player. I'm too impatient to play range(unless I'm forced to). That's when her 9K, BT 4P set ups, 1K, and Carrera comes into play. Her 8F+P(BT) can be useful, too. I try to keep the fight close up, and try to stay on offense. I think Lisa can be good in range, or distance.

I don't think people realize how good Lisa's Carrera is. I don't run into ANY Lisa player who uses it. One of her best mind screwing tools.
I'm surprised she doesn't have two other stance tools named Mercedes and Rati to complement the Carrera.

Maybe it'll be considered in the upcoming patch, especially if Rig actually gained a new move...

Karraz

I'm using Carrera a lot, her OH is almost unbeatable, I mean, an OH, from the air, so you can't counter attack throwing her, you can't punch/kick her, Sidestep her, the only option for the rival is to sit down or do an attack with less frames than the OH and must be a launcher.

Awesmic

Standard Donor
I'm using Carrera a lot, her OH is almost unbeatable, I mean, an OH, from the air, so you can't counter attack throwing her, you can't punch/kick her, Sidestep her, the only option for the rival is to sit down or do an attack with less frames than the OH and must be a launcher.
Hey, Karraz.

well..infinite light and i had plenty of matches today via ranked, hitomi vs lisa, and as the salt was rising from getting taunted after every round, i figured all hope lost when getting put in the corner and constantly getting hit low, need assistance against hitomi, any ideas?

Batcommander

Hey guys, lets talk about matchups vs the new cast. I haven't had experience with all of them yet, but i'll give my personal opinion atm.

Ein seems fairly even, maybe 5.5 for Lisa. He is just as good at controlling space as you, but he has a really limited arsenal and as far as i know, no real fast attacks to beat any shenanigans consistently. Fighting Ein is weird; you're both keeping a huge amount of space between the two of you waiting for someone to make a move lol.

Rachel seems 6-4 Lisa, but i don't know how she is now with the recent nerfs. I know there was a lot of buzz surrounding her, but she can't do shit to get close to you and she's slower too. Her FT shenanigans are gone now, which is the only thing that really made her threatening, but as a grappler you can punish and 1P shuts down that little twirl stance thing she does.

Momiji--i have no idea how to fight her lol. It seems disadvantaged for Lisa, but again new nerfs may change. I swear to god she has some fast ass midpunch that seem to just beat anything i throw at her. Are her jump attacks sidesteppable? I can't check because i only got Core Fighters lol.

Would love to hear any other Lisa players input.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD