Little things from previous DOA games you'd like to see back / improved in DOA6?

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
I want the longer, more vibrant thicker hair the characters had before they did overdid it with the dull, thin, see through purge

IMG_20170422_001452.jpg

20170128_202517-1.jpg

They could have just updated the textures and kept the same general look instead of thinning the characters out as if the had traction alopecia and then giving them duller colors :-/ it makes them stand out less imo

Fotor_148564609762846.jpg

I also wouldn't mind the old hit sound effects back, I found them funny, especially the bone snap ones XD

Tyaren

Standard Donor
When they went from the anime style to the much more realistic style, they made the hair more realistic as well. The cartoony looking and moving hair from before doesn't fit anymore.
I agree though that Helena's banana looks pretty bad like it is right now. It's low polygon, low resolution textured and it moves strangely.
Let's also hope blonde characters are actually blonde in DOA6 and not outright neon yellow. XD

KwonJigglypuff

Honestly her old hair would make her look like a poodle. But I understand what you mean, the issue is the quality.

DOA5's hair physic isn't bad, but it's so basic compared to the effort they put on DOA4's spaghetti hair. DOA6 will look gorgeous I'm sure!

Hair bows, headbands and such should be unlockables to customize your character. I like Helena's new lace bow, but it does not fit all her costumes.

Macca Beam

I hate the balding hair volume in 5. Kasumi had it the worst with barely anything on the sides and back yet the front still retains a gigantic chunk.

Sarah and Marie had the right blonde at least, they just need to make Helena and Tina not look like they're dunked into a vat of paint.

And it's not just hair physics but physics in general. Everything in 5 looks like they weigh a ton and still manages to clip like a fucker. Leifang's china dress is made from a decade old carpet and doesn't hold a candle to the elaborate, flowing one in 4. It's disgusting. I think the only physics they managed to get right were Kasumi/Ayane's idol dress from Ultimate and Marie's tails.

Playing DOA4 again really makes you realize how much 5 looks like a shitty edgy military shooter. Real life has far more color than this.

I also hope something's done to the downed animation(s). The head shake is incredibly irritating and I don't want to blow away their entire health gauge just to see them shrug it off like nothing happened.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
I hate the balding hair volume in 5. Kasumi had it the worst with barely anything on the sides and back yet the front still retains a gigantic chunk.

Sarah and Marie had the right blonde at least, they just need to make Helena and Tina not look like they're dunked into a vat of paint.

And it's not just hair physics but physics in general. Everything in 5 looks like they weigh a ton and still manages to clip like a fucker. Leifang's china dress is made from a decade old carpet and doesn't hold a candle to the elaborate, flowing one in 4. It's disgusting. I think the only physics they managed to get right were Kasumi/Ayane's idol dress from Ultimate and Marie's tails.

Playing DOA4 again really makes you realize how much 5 looks like a shitty edgy military shooter. Real life has far more color than this.

I also hope something's done to the downed animation(s). The head shake is incredibly irritating and I don't want to blow away their entire health gauge just to see them shrug it off like nothing happened.
The down animations actually vary depending on what you do, but yeah after throws and painful holds and stuff they should curl up or be in immense pain like when you knock them down hard or overkill

Lulu

I don't know... DoA6 is so similar to the only other DoA game I'm I've played (DoA5) that theres nothing left for me to ask for...

I could ask for Tag but meh... I can live without it...

I guess what I would want most is a DoA5's damn fine tutorial to be in DoA6... but better.

Lulu

I just want Hi-Counter damage removed. That's always been the most annoying thing about DoA. Normal damage in all circumstances would be perfect. That is all I hope for. That simple change

I'm assuming you've been the Business end of Alpha's B.U.R.S.T one too many times to make feel this way.

Lulu

It's just an unfair aspect in general. Alpha and quite frankly any other character can do just as much damage as Bass or Bayman if not more because of it. Also normal counters can do as much damage as an advanced counter and re-grabs can easily exploit this mechanic

This damage isn't An Inherent part of those characters or the system in general...

The damage only occurs when one player makes a bad judgement while the other player makes a good one... When those conditions are met, Hi Counter Damage occurs... It wouldn't be effective conditioning if You only got a slap on the wrist for thwarting your opponent out a large amount of potential damage.

Compare this to a game like Tekken where Big Damage happens all the time whether you're making a mistake or not.... Now Thats unfair... Mostly...

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD