Looking for copies of DOA3.1?

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
This thread is for those looking for copies of Dead or Alive 3 (NTSC-J).

It should be said that Dead or Alive 3.1 will not work out of the case with your American Xbox. The American Xbox would require the console to be modded so the region lock is unlocked. This isn't the place to talk about how to unlock region lock. For those matters, I suggest you take a look at Xbox Scene. There, they have plenty of tutorials on how to easily modify your system in various ways, and a forum that will help you with your questions.

Now that that's out of the way, post up any shops or sites to where you or others can find copies of Dead or Alive 3.1.

In addition, I can order copies from Japan through a friend of mine. Due to shipping costs from Japan, to your place, and the game itself, I charge $15 to send it to you. Just get in contact with me if you would like to go that route.

The Alpha Male

Sorwah, this isn't ign, this isn't gamespot, this isn't a website that the authorities are monitoring.

I'm going to soft mod my xbox and burn a copy of this shit! WHOS WITH ME?

grap3fruitman

Standard Donor
I recently managed to pick up a legit copy of 3.1 off of Ebay in great condition for only $11 if I recall correctly. I'd suggest looking there if you're interested in owning. Of course, my modded Xbox's HDD died and I lost all my DVD rips plus the ability to run 3.1. >=(

The HuBBs

Sorwah, this isn't ign, this isn't gamespot, this isn't a website that the authorities are monitoring.

I'm going to soft mod my xbox and burn a copy of this shit! WHOS WITH ME?

but this is a website where we choose not to discuss illegal methods of bypassing regional lockouts.

grap3fruitman

Standard Donor
but this is a website where we choose not to discuss illegal methods of bypassing regional lockouts.
Bypassing region lock-outs is not illegal, you can do what you want to your property. Piracy of a downloaded copy of 3.1 is a crime however.

The Alpha Male

Bypassing region lock-outs is not illegal, you can do what you want to your property. Piracy of a downloaded copy of 3.1 is a crime however.

A crime punishable with hours and hours of fun!

Possibly offset by hours and hours of forced man on man intercourse at a state correctional instituation. . .

I was actually looking into purchasing DOA3.1.
All the times I've spent lurking, I see that that's the game everyone considers to be the best out of all of them. So I am really interested in investing in a copy. However, I don't have an extra xbox like I used to and I don't really feel too comfortable modding my shiny brand new one. :p
Is there a place I can buy a modded xbox1?

R4712-VR88

Well girl, unless Sorwah or Hubbs or myself go out and buy an Xbox and mod it ourselves, I honestly don't know a place were you could buy one already modded. However I do know Sorwah can hook you up with a copy of DOA3.1! ;)

When we say it has to be modded, it can be modded in either two ways. Either a Soft Mod or a Hard Mod. Soft Mod is the easy and most practical route just for this one game (Hard Modding requires you to actually open up the console and manually install chips and stuff). You'll need to buy an Action Replay for the Xbox and one of three games: Mech Assualt, 007: Nightfire or the original Splinter Cell. And you'll need to get one of those three games in their original black label form. The Platinum Hits versions will not assist you in the soft mod. Lastly you'll need an Xbox Memory Unit.

One thing I will say is, honestly soft modding that new Xbox of yours wouldn't hurt. I have an Unleash mod on my second Xbox and it has the ability to be uninstalled and removed completely. And you're still able to go back to the regular Xbox Dashboard and such as well. Not to mention Microsoft took down the original Xbox servers, so you wouldn't get banned trying to go online because you wouldn't be able to.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Ratiz pretty much already said it.

If you want, I can try locating a local Xbox 1 for like cheap, mod it for you, and ship it to you. You would just have to pay for materials and shipping, I wouldn't charge a fee for anything.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
I'd expect $50 + shipping. I'll have to find an xbox. Might know of a place or two.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Why? The Xbox Controller is superior to the 360 Controller in every way with the exception of wireless.

Lol it's cause I am sooooooooo used to my Halo 360 controller. XDDD
It would be extremely weird and uncomfortable for me to try and use something else lol.

Gill Hustle

I went to Play-Asia.com and it's listed as out of print! I'm going to start checking other places but can someone answer a few questions.

Just to make sure I get the copy everyone's talking about, there is only ONE Japanese version right?

The one with Ayane on the cover?

I'm just saying cuz I thought I heard about a 3.2 and the U.S. one is 3.0 correct?

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
If Ayane is on the cover, and Kasumi is on the disc, it's 3.1

3.2 and 3.0 look the same and you just have to see that it says either PAL or NTSC on the disc/boxart.

I have some discs and gameboxes if you want. It's $15 including shipping.

Raansu

I went to Play-Asia.com and it's listed as out of print! I'm going to start checking other places but can someone answer a few questions.

Just to make sure I get the copy everyone's talking about, there is only ONE Japanese version right?

The one with Ayane on the cover?

I'm just saying cuz I thought I heard about a 3.2 and the U.S. one is 3.0 correct?

n672704244_2680555_1761010.jpg

Raansu

Ya well I was too lazy to go get my copy out of the closet and take pictures lol. Easier to link my FB picture I took at the store before I bought it in Japan =P

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD