DOA5LR Mai Shiranui DOA5 Last Round Gameplay Discussion

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
I've never used Momiji like that so I wouldn't know lol. It just takes away that additional spacing element I liked about the move

Lulu

I mean.... what type of Knock Down does it do now ?

Is it just some lame knockdown that gives the opponent a free opportunity for a Wake Up Kick or is it a useful knock down like Tina's:2::K::P: or Hayate's Hayate Gake (Wind Dash Forward) :K: ?

Those types of Knockdowns are salvageable. But if they just generic knockdown then yeah.... it kinda sucks.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
I don't know about Tina or Hayate's knockdowns, but it just launches on hit instead of having a stun on normal hit

Lulu

Like Momiji's :6::K: (:6::P::K:) ?

Well then it doesn't seem so Bad.... Still very upsetting though.

SilverForte

Like hajin said, its a buff. You gett a free combo afterwards.

And I feel like Im getting that 1k oki game down better, it really is strong. Need to practice spacing with 8p annd ryuenbu.

Lulu

How Good are Mai's Throws in terms of Damage and Utility ?

Last edited:

Lulu

LoL.... so no Advantage Throws or Launching Throws ?

Edit: How about some Combo Throws ?

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
LoL.... so no Advantage Throws or Launching Throws ?

Edit: How about some Combo Throws ?
Nope, they're all pretty basic:
6T is her 7i punish throw, doesn't do anything special. 4T is the same throw but throws them the other way. 66T is her 10i throw with good reach and more damage and if I recall it sends opponents over ledges but I'll have to check again, haven't used that throw much lately. 236T is her 12i high punish throw with her highest damage especially on hi counter. She has a 5i low throw and she has a throw like phase 4 that can be done on airborne opponents for more damage if you lazy, but unlike Phase 4, all you gotta do is press T when the opponent is in the air and it'll activate if they high enough. Her damage is overall great but she doesn't have much environment interaction.

Lulu

LoL.... Damnit. I loved watching her combos and was excited about trying her out..... I should have known there would be catch.

Its seems like all the Guest Characters have less than steller Throw Potential, execpt for Pai Chan, Obviously.

SilverForte

Her throws are nothing special at all.

The only notable one is her 5T which has a large range for interactables.

Lulu

Is it +0 when its Broken ?

Jacky and Nyotengu are the only ones who seem to be blessed with the gift of being +0 on Neutral Throw Breaks..... if Mai could join them then that would be awesome.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
I love this girls uncharged power blow, such a good poke. Good evasion, massive pushback.
Me too! It's also a relatively safe PB since it's a mid kick, and you know have many players will panic mid punch hold once they see that charge coming. :-D It's pretty easy to abuse next to 6K and 236P at a distance.

SilverForte

I dont think anyone noticed this but her sweep got buffed in the recent patch, it now has the same effect no matter where it hits on the opponent, no glancing hits here. So even if you hit it at max range, if its on ch, you will get the best stun.

GreatDarkHero

This is frame advantage
Premium Donor
I dont think anyone noticed this but her sweep got buffed in the recent patch, it now has the same effect no matter where it hits on the opponent, no glancing hits here. So even if you hit it at max range, if its on ch, you will get the best stun.

I need to start using 2K+H a lot more as well. I notice I keep underestimating the usefulness of a lot of these moves.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD