:6::6::P:(-7)

:6::6::K:(-7)

:K::K::K:(-15) *Pushed back too far for neutral grab to connect*

SS:K:(-7)

:P+K:(-8)

:4::P+K:(-10) *

:4_::[[p+k]]:(+13) *

SS:P+K:(-5) **Back Turned**

Please take note that :6::P::K::P:/:6::P::K::K: and other moves that many Mai players use to CONSTANTLY use aren't here but there is an exception that any move that can use her cancel into :214::P: should be counted on this list since it is a safe move

:6::P::P:
:3::P::P:
:8::P::P:
:P::P::P::P:
:4::P:
:6::6::K::K:
:1::K::P::P:

would be the extension since they can cancel into something safe on block

Last edited:

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Relatively safe moves!

:4::K:(-7)

:3::K:(-7)

:6::K: (-4)

:6::H+K: (-5)

:8::H+K: (+2)

:214::P: (-6)

:2::P: (-4)

:9::P:(-4)

:9::P+K:(-7)

:6::6::P:(-7)

:6::6::K:(-7)

:K::K::K:(-15) *Pushed back too far for neutral grab to connect*

SS:K:(-7)

:P+K:(-8)

:4::P+K:(-10) *

:4_::[[p+k]]:(+13) *

SS:P+K:(-5) **Back Turned**

Please take note that :6::P::K::P:/:6::P::K::K: and other moves that many Mai players use to CONSTANTLY use aren't here but there is an exception that any move that can use her cancel into :214::P: should be counted on this list since it is a safe move

:6::P::P:
:3::P::P:
:8::P::P:
:P::P::P::P:
:4::P:
:6::6::K::K:
:1::K::P::P:

would be the extension since they can cancel into something safe on block
Isn't 9P just her jump forward?

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Found some neat guarantees from her CH 6H+K sitdown :-D :
☆H+K>3PP>6PKK
☆3P+K>PPPK
☆H+K>T(If you're feeling lazy XD)

EDIT: In case the opponent doesn't SE, my mistake XD

Last edited:

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Hmm?
Can't those be blocked if the opponent does slow escape fast enough?
....UprisingJC is actually SPEAKING to me ☆_☆ I'm sorry, I'm just star struck XD. But yeah I'm sorry, I didn't SE test those >_< I went back again and it seems then that 214P, 6P, 3PP, 3K, 6K, and 2K are guaranteed however, my mistake. XD

UprisingJC

Uh oh, you have fans Jeff. Wait...let me insert the joke. Here we go! "Uh oh you have *drum rolls*......fans." - oo0o0o0oo0o0o0ohh.
lol.

LOL

....UprisingJC is actually SPEAKING to me ☆_☆ I'm sorry, I'm just star struck XD. But yeah I'm sorry, I didn't SE test those >_< I went back again and it seems then that 214P, 6P, 3PP, 3K, 6K, and 2K are guaranteed however, my mistake. XD

Why not? I talk to everyone except trolls, one of whom is some Chinese player that picked on me for the Mai's combo video in the forum in their community. I just finished replying to him and decided to ignore him for good.

Last edited:

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
LOL

Why not? I talk to everyone except trolls, one of whom was some Chinese player that picked on me for the Mai's combo video in the forum in their community. I just finished replying to him.
I'm sorry it's just an honor, I love you, Render, and Panic's Kasumis :-D

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Question:

Is :6::K: good for anything?

Enlighten me please.
Me and @KING JAIMY and @Force_of_Nature actually discussed it. Jaimy sees it as a safe move that can be used for mind games and Force says it's a good and quick mid kick poke with good range. IMO, I think it's useful in lower threshold combos when you don't want to use P+K because of a mid punch hold risk but don't want to exactly continue the stun using 3K either, I see it as a safe reset, relatively fast poke with good range and safety and as a way to pester your opponent to watch out for mid kicks instead of punches. It has a nice pushback too in case you want your opponent at a certain distance plus the +4 advantage is a cute little bonus I must say. XD

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
I just realized that Mai's 214P+K doesn't track. Stepping it normally adds initial invincibility frames but if you SS attack you will get hit because you are attacking without added invincibility while her attack has multiple attacks added into one move so it retracks into a SS attacking opponent. For a fire vortex from Kagerou-No-Mai, you would think that would track lol. Ah well, it's not like people would try to side step that anyway. You'd have to have a bit of balls there.

EDIT: Correction, you can still get hit with it after the SS for performing at a earlier start up.

Last edited:

Rhandon

Standard Donor
Me and @KING JAIMY and @Force_of_Nature actually discussed it. Jaimy sees it as a safe move that can be used for mind games and Force says it's a good and quick mid kick poke with good range. IMO, I think it's useful in lower threshold combos when you don't want to use P+K because of a mid punch hold risk but don't want to exactly continue the stun using 3K either, I see it as a safe reset, relatively fast poke with good range and safety and as a way to pester your opponent to watch out for mid kicks instead of punches. It has a nice pushback too in case you want your opponent at a certain distance plus the +4 advantage is a cute little bonus I must say. XD
I totally agree with this post and the bonus xD

UprisingJC

It's been almost 1 week since I released my Mai's Combo Video. However, I haven't ever played with people by picking Mai yet.
It takes time and some luck for me to find someone to play with in my region and the other reason is that I've been playing Persona 5 recently lol.

In theory, I just wonder how her offense works. The following is just what I feel about her moves on paper.
6PP can be cancelled into her 4 other moves, but if you don't do it it's -17 on block. 214p may be the mostly used moves afterwards as it's safe on block. No idea if the rest of the moves are worth cancelling into in this situation. Seeing her being -22 after her fan gets blocked in a close distance, I don't think it's a go-to for her.

6P2K isn't that threatening as it doesn't stun on NH and its 2 follow-ups don't track.
So this mid/low doesn't really look that hard to deal with(probably...lol).

3PP/3P2K and PPPP/PPP2K are just similar to this situation..

https://twitter.com/satoyasu0104/status/778614845021179904

Satoyasu, the Japanese Pai player that showed up twice in DOA Fes top 16, posted a video showing that Mai's Ryuenbu follow-ups(pppp, 3pp) can't be delayed, so defenders can buffer certain attacks such as Jann Lee's H+K to both crush her low string while simultaneously blocking the Ryuenbu that can't be delayed. Ryuenbu is i12 and her lows are around i23. That's why he can do that as shown in the video.

I haven't tried this by myself yet so I'm not certain if this is absolutely right.

Last edited:

KING JAIMY

Unholdable PB setups I've discovered with Mai at full walls:

Video description

This video goes over Mai’s unholdable Power Blow setups which I’ve found over the past few days. These only work when performed near a full wall. Enjoy!

COM Settings:

- COM Reaction: Mid Kick Hold
- COM Options: Recovery ON, Stagger Escape FASTEST
- Counters: Always Counter
- Power Blow: ON

Setup Notations:

9P K P+K
3P - 236K
1KP - PPK - 3P - 6PP 236K
6PP 214P+K - 4P 236K
3P - 3PP - 3PK
6P - H+K - PPPK