DOA5LR Mai Shiranui DOA5LR Discussion - Guest from FF/KOF series

KwonJigglypuff

Are all of Mai's moves part of KOF (copyrighted somehow) or do you think some of them belong to TN ?

What I'm wondering is if TN can re-use some of her animations for a future game ? (cause some of them are really cool).

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
There's a video of move comparison from KOF14 into DOA5LR.

Are all of Mai's moves part of KOF (copyrighted somehow) or do you think some of them belong to TN ?

What I'm wondering is if TN can re-use some of her animations for a future game ? (cause some of them are really cool).

They don't since each inherited moves are listed in complete name format from her original games and exact animation.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Alright guys, after the time I've spent with Mai and seeing her ins and out, I decided that I feel comfortable enough making my take on a written Mai beginner type guide for her so that new players can have a decent foundation on her mechanics, attacks, and overall move set. I'm kinda busy atm with homework and stuff, but when I can I'll begin making it in a similar fashion to the Naotora one as a way to show my support for her. :)

she doesn't have too much to cover, so it should be done fairly quickly if I carefully pace.

YBNDM

Alright guys, after the time I've spent with Mai and seeing her ins and out, I decided that I feel comfortable enough making my take on a written Mai beginner type guide for her so that new players can have a decent foundation on her mechanics, attacks, and overall move set. I'm kinda busy atm with homework and stuff, but when I can I'll begin making it in a similar fashion to the Naotora one as a way to show my support for her. :)

she doesn't have too much to cover, so it should be done fairly quickly if I carefully pace.
Can't wait to see it! :D Your Naotora guide was good So I'm excited.

P2p1mbs

Who would you say is easier to learn? Her or :naotora:?

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Who would you say is easier to learn? Her or :naotora:?
Hm, I say it depends, Naotora is easy to use but has sizeable amount of mix ups and strings, but they're not at all hard to memorize. Mai has a smaller base move set, but the added element of her cancels and what attacks can be canceled add a bit more of a technicality to her small moveset. Overall Naotora is the easiest of the two.

P2p1mbs

Hm, I say it depends, Naotora is easy to use but has sizeable amount of mix ups and strings, but they're not at all hard to memorize. Mai has a smaller base move set, but the added element of her cancels and what attacks can be canceled add a bit more of a technicality to her small moveset. Overall Naotora is the easiest of the two.

I figured as much, I got to try out :naotora: for free a few weeks ago and found myself mostly just mashing the kick button to get by, not that fun. Mai by comparison, I find a bit harder to use but I find myself being much more creative when using her. I never even considered canceling out her moves though, I should try that out...

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
I figured as much, I got to try out :naotora: for free a few weeks ago and found myself mostly just mashing the kick button to get by, not that fun. Mai by comparison, I find a bit harder to use but I find myself being much more creative when using her. I never even considered canceling out her moves though, I should try that out...
Haha, you don't have too tho, that's like her "mix up" since people do expect you to cancel with her. I like Nao more, but Mai is pretty loose and fluid, definitely my favorite thing about her. She was pretty awkward for me the first day but after a while you strangely catch on 0_o

gatto tom

Standard Donor
Hi guys. I have a little question: where is the page in this topic, that i can find the combos that i can cancel? I don't remember it

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Not particularly, that's the drawback to her being a beginner suited character, once you find all her combos and stuff, that's kind of it. I did discover that during a stun if you 1K near a wall to "cage" the opponent , you'll be able to continue the stun with P rather than 1KK or 1KP.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD