DOA5LR Mai Shiranui DOA5LR Discussion - Guest from FF/KOF series

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
How ? Everyone pays for her in the end.

By the way Mai is like L'oreal she's worth it. Besides 8 dollars isn't even that much, some games charge more for dlc while that dlc is shitty.
I see your point, although I wouldn't have minded having to pay only $3. XD I'll still get her tho, I just think it's safe to assume from here on out that all future guests will likely be $8 now, they're doing what they did for the costumes.

d3v

How the hell do you get her backturned so you can complete the command training?

Last edited:

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
Been too busy with school & stuff to really post. I've been playing 3 games so it's really hard at this point to be in different spots. From what I've noticed so far is she's very versatile as I thought her to be. She has good spacing tools & good tools that can be used to fight upclose. Overall, she seems to do most of her dirt from close to mid range. Good zoning. Good strings on block, decent lows, & good throws that will open people up. Good wall game also.

66P, 66K, 3K, & 6K I would familiarize myself within those ranges. If you space 66P properly, then it's -5 on guard -6 at point blank. If you space 66K properly, then it's -3 on guard, -4 at point blank range on guard. 6K I don't remember off the top of my head the advantages on block & on hit, but yeah I would get used to those. Haven't really found anything from it. Seems like it's just a closing in tool more than anything at this point. On SE, & on CH, I didn't get any follow ups from it. 3K I don't know off the top of my head either but it has decent range. NO ONE should have ever had the thought of being able to just toss fans out without some type of limitations to them. It's a 3D fighting game. You can use the fan, but they're for people who like to press buttons in space & not be patient.

Her lows are also good. One finishes into her ryuuebu at the end as well as her 6P, 3P, & P strings while the others mixup options to open people up. I'll do what I can if I find something that should be shared, but I can't promise that I'll be as active. I will be using her at the next few events that I go to though.

Last edited:

SilverForte

.6K I don't remember off the top of my head the advantages on block & on hit, but yeah I would get used to those. Haven't really found anything from it. Seems like it's just a closing in tool more than anything at this point. On SE, & on CH, I didn't get any follow ups from it..

6k is an incredibly strange move, no matter the situation, on hit it gives a slight pushback and leaves you at +3. In stun, on CH, doesn't matter. I honestly don't see any reason to use it over 3k, 3k has more range, is also safe, and has a great stun on ch, and is only one frame slower, it also wall splats. Maybe 6k could be used for some ghetto resets or somethin, I dunno.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
I think it's intentional, with everything she can do and with her speed and damage, I think TN did this as a way to kinda further balance her. It's kind of like Christie who has bad holds, but then again if you're playing her as intended, you shouldn't barely have to hold or throw anyway.

SilverForte

I think it's intentional, with everything she can do and with her speed and damage, I think TN did this as a way to kinda further balance her. It's kind of like Christie who has bad holds, but then again if you're playing her as intended, you shouldn't barely have to hold or throw anyway.

I don't think so, there are other characters with comparable speed and damage, yet they don't have added recovery on holds.

GreatDarkHero

This is frame advantage
Premium Donor
@Xhominid The Demon Within @KasumiLover69 @Project Bokuho
I am sorry...
0024cd9cecbfa981d53ef3cbe6383bbe.jpg

synce

Have to say kudos to TN. Of every character they've added to DOA5, I think this is the first time I've done someone's command/combo training and had a positive impression. Love that they incorporated cancels into her combos. Also love the projectile, the divekick, the 2D mechanics in general. Would definitely pick her up if people still played this game

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD