DOA5LR Mai Shiranui Joins the Dead or Alive Roster

09_doabanner.jpg

Mai Shiranui from the legendary Fatal Fury and King of Fighters series is coming to Dead or Alive! Since her birthplace is in Japan it seems like Dead or Alive Festival 2016 is the perfect place to announce this intense crossover. She has her own style of ninjutsu and the look to fit in right at home with the DOA girls... and she's coming soon!

There will also be an Attack on Titan stage, tons more costumes (including some KoF) and even some VR announced for Dead or Alive Xtreme 3. Team NINJA is dipping into a lot of neat and interesting projects this year!

KoF Maximum Impact Video | KoF XIII Combo Video | Mai Shiranui Wiki

Last edited:
Don't we have enough Kasumi clones?

In DOA5? I would say yes we do. Mai isn't a Kasumi clone. There will be more detailed news on Mai and who she is coming to the home page in the coming days. Anyone that can update the story with a trailer if it comes out shortly feel free. I am hitting the hay and I am going to sleep well tonight knowing that the Attack on Titan stage wasn't their only reveal.

In DOA5? I would say yes we do. Mai isn't a Kasumi clone. There will be more detailed news on Mai and who she is coming to the home page in the coming days. Anyone that can update the story with a trailer if it comes out shortly feel free. I am hitting the hay and I am going to sleep well tonight knowing that the Attack on Titan stage wasn't their only reveal.
TN actually delivered on the reveals tonight (well... today). Good shit from them!

Lol @DB's troll pic.

Hey @GreatDarkHero since you main her in KOF, how exactly does she play? Is she difficult? I know she uses flames XD

In KOF98, she is relatively easy to play and she is also one of the few characters that don't have as hard of time defeating the top tiers (i.e. Iori, Daimon, etc). And, no. Nothing about Mai Shiranui's play style in KOF is even remotely similar to Kasumi. Mai has quite a few good pokes (st.A, st.B for example). Her air control is also very good. The player can take advantage of things such as neutral jump B because he has quite a bit of range on it and stays active for a bit before she lands. Combo starters include cr.C, or cr.B into close st.A (because close st.A will cancel into her special moves). It is important to note that she has to versions of herself in KOF98 (along with a few other characters). The regular Mai has some elaborate juggle combo from one of her DM's. The EX version has access to better ground based combo because of a special move that allows her to free cancel into her Ryuuenbu (qcb+B, a move where she creates a bigger version of her fan to swing at the opponent. It can also function as a good anti-air). I tend to favor Mai's EX version because of combo damage and pre-emptive anti-air qcb+B. In 98UM she also has Kagero no Mai which has invincibility on start up but is very unsafe on block (the B version is a bit awkward to punish at first, however). In KOF02UM, she is a tad better than she was in 98 and her ground combo damage is better, especially if you start from st.C (specifically st.C, df+B, qcb+B, free cancel into Ryuuenbu). Her air control is also a bit more... crazier to put it lightly. However, according to Dream Cancel, Mai is still somewhere in the mid tiers but much like in 98, she is manageable.

(I don't know anything about her incarnation in OG 02).

In KOFXIII... well start here (It's a long story):

TN actually delivered on the reveals tonight (well... today). Good shit from them!

Lol @DB's troll pic.

Yep, they absolutely did. Not only another collab costume from a relevant fighting game series at that, but Mai freaking Shiranui on top of that...and they will be released in 2 MONTHS!

Hayashi fucking DELIVERED!

Give her to me! Literally new main.

Me first!

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD