Male or Female Mains?

Is your DOA main a male or female character?

• Male

Votes: 29 19.7%
  • Female

Votes: 85 57.8%
  • Both/Other

Votes: 33 22.4%

• Total voters

Brute

Standard Donor
No, I'm not talking about what genitals you have in real life. I just thought it would be interesting to see if more people here use male characters for mains or female characters. My guess is female, but some of the dudes also get a fair amount of attention.

Suggestions:
If you literally play two/four characters, half male half female, equally as mains, feel free to select the "both/other" option. But if you use one character proportionately more than your next highly played character, choose the respective sex of your most played character.
Additionally, if you main 3 characters, choose the options which constitutes more of your gender distribution.
If you main Alpha, select "other" or "female," whichever you see as more appropriate. Arguments could be made either way.

X_Fact0r

Always seem to main a female character in any fighting game I play. I usually dabble into most of the cast in both genders after some time, but I think I have only mained one male in all the fighting games I can remember.

Brute

Standard Donor
Always seem to main a female character in any fighting game I play. I usually dabble into most of the cast in both genders after some time, but I think I have only mained one male in all the fighting games I can remember.
Interesting. I'm actually the opposite.

On the flip-side, in games where you customize your protagonist, I generally go female (such as in roleplaying games).

X_Fact0r

Might be a few more than one since certain games I play have teams and one of the three are male and I forgot I played Venom in GG but still dominated by girls. Things like roleplay games I usually pick a girl too since most of the people that play I know don't and I want to mix it up a little from the group.

AngryWorm

The characters I play in fighting games are Hitomi (DOA and in any other potential game she might be in), Kitana (MK), Seung Mina (SC), Sarah (VF), and Jericho (WWE)

One of those things is not like the others. Silly Sarah for being a blonde.

Brute

Standard Donor
The characters I play in fighting games are Hitomi (DOA and in any other potential game she might be in), Kitana (MK), Seung Mina (SC), Sarah (VF), and Jericho (WWE)

One of those things is not like the others. Silly Sarah for being a blonde.
Damn! You reminded me I was wrong. For whatever reason SC slipped my mind. I also mained Seung Mina in SC1. Switched to Lizard Man in II and kept her as my alt.

Awesmic

Standard Donor
My character's a female, but she looks good even when she dresses like a man.

So I voted "Both/Other". =3

Prince Adon

Best in the World!!!
Premium Donor
Females for me. Usually what I main in fighters.

DOA-Lisa, Helena
VF-Vanessa
KOF-Leona, King, Mai, Yuri
MK-Mileena, Jade
Tekken-Christie, Asuka
SF-Juri, Chun Li, Elena
Darkstalkers- Lilith
Eternal Champions-Shadow(yes I went there)

Zeo

Hm, my mains are typically guys, I use girls too but my main mains are usually guys. Main in bold.

SC (Screw 5): Yunsung, Talim.
DOA(5): Akira, Hayate, Hitomi.
VF: Akira.
SF: Ken, Sakura
Tekken: Jin, Law, D.Jin.
KOF: Kensou, Kyo, Shingo, Chris.

Just to name a few. Played a lot of other fighters and my mains are typically male. I DID main Hitomi in DOA3 though, even after discovering Ein.

Chaos

Tekken: Male characters= 7 Female characters= 4

DOA: Male characters= 6 Female characters= 7

MK9: Male characters= 9 Female characters= 5

SC: Male characters= 2 Female characters= 3

VF: Male characters= 3 Female characters= 3
I hope I did it right lol. :)

Brute

Standard Donor
Females for me. Usually what I main in fighters.

DOA-Lisa, Helena
VF-Vanessa
KOF-Leona, King, Mai, Yuri
MK-Mileena, Jade
Tekken-Christie, Asuka
SF-Juri, Chun Li, Elena
Darkstalkers- Lilith
Eternal Champions-Shadow(yes I went there)
Ha! Jade's my 2nd main in MK9 (though after I got the Komplete edition, I've been toying around with Rain a lot).

ILYA✰

Ohlalaaa im the guy who never plays the guys lol xD

DOA Christie
Tekken Nina, Xiayou
Guilty Gear Millia
KOF Vanessa, Athena, sometimes Leona
SF Chun Li
Capcom vs Snk Hibiki, Vice

I also Love Touhou fighters and Eternal fighter zero :D

EDIT: i think that the closest thing to playing with a male char would be me using King from time to time lol

shunwong

My mains are tipically old farts...Shun Di and Gen Fu...Something wrong with me probably if I find old guys attractive instead of young girls...(In DOA I use lots of characters though, in this order: Gen Fu, Pai, Eliot, Kokoro, Helena and Leifang)

Mavis

Simple choice for me. Kokoro.

The only other fighting game I'd invest time into is SCV, in which i tend to you use Astaroth.

Why? Anyone who has seen his back throw can answer that question. I LOVE that move.

Gruff757

Standard Donor
Hm, my mains are typically guys, I use girls too but my main mains are usually guys. Main in bold.

SC (Screw 5): Yunsung, Talim.
DOA(5): Akira, Hayate, Hitomi.
VF: Akira.
SF: Ken, Sakura
Tekken: Jin, Law, D.Jin.
KOF: Kensou, Kyo, Shingo, Chris.

Just to name a few. Played a lot of other fighters and my mains are typically male. I DID main Hitomi in DOA3 though, even after discovering Ein.
I miss Yunseong, Talim, and Zasalamel :(

X_Fact0r

Since everyone is listing the full mains list, guess I should too.

DOA: Hitomi, Kokoro
Tekken: Lili, Alisa, Miguel, Asuka
SC I-IV: Xianghua, Cassandra, Amy, Astaroth
SC V: Cervantes, Pyrrha, Ezio
VF: Wolf, Aoi
SF IV: E. Honda, Rose, Juri
CvS2: K Mai/Cammy/Sagat
3rd Strike: Makoto, Chun Li, Akuma
Guilty Gear: Venom, Dizzy
KoF: Kula, Athena, Yuri
MK: Stryker, Kitana, Cyrax

Characters I use in offline tournaments are in bold. Sad that most of these games that are not Tekken, DOA, SC or the occasional CvS2 I barely play anymore...

loralei

DoA= Hitomi,Kokoro
SC= Cassandra, Talim
Tekken= Xiaoyu, Asuka
VF= Aoi, Sarah
MK= Sub Zero

Female characters are usually so much faster, so they suits my play style more. Plus, they're cuter and more fun to cosplay :p

Sett

DOA: Hitomi, Kokoro
Tekken4: Jin
Tekken5: Devil Jin
Tekken5DR onwards: Lili, Dragunov (Only Dragunov since I needed a team mate :eek: but I love him cause he's like Solid Snake move set.)
SC IV: Raphael
SC V: Pyrrha, Xiba, Mitsurugi, Elysium, Raphael
VF: Serah
SF IV: Juri
MK: Raiden

and an extra
LoL: Sona, Rammus, Elise, Kayle, Ashe

I tend to play girls in other games cause somewhere in the back of my mind fighting a 5v1 with a girl is more impressive than with a guy.

HiguraShiki

Generally I main female characters, since I like the strong female character persona.
On occasions I do play as some males, but the majority are female.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD