Male or Female Mains?

Is your DOA main a male or female character?

• Male

Votes: 29 19.7%
  • Female

Votes: 85 57.8%
  • Both/Other

Votes: 33 22.4%

• Total voters

Rawbietussin

I can understand your frustration with Setsuka.
A beautiful lady, with a strong personality and an amazing cleavage, but with such a close-range moveset. At first it looks boring, but I find it very classy.
Viola was my last main in SC5, since Amy and Setsuka disappeared.

Oh my... Even on SC5, we both shifted towards Viola!
Yeah, I tried to like Setsuka because of her Player 2 costume in SCIV and the white lace parasol sword but that's just it.

Mayor-Of-Mustard

Did I comment on this before? Eh who knows. My mains used to be mainly males, but now it's split 50/50. Now that I'm going to try be a little more competitive in 6, my 'main' list should be a bit smaller haha x

Derock

Depends on the franchise/series but my mains are predominately female.

DOA: Kasumi as main, secondaries are Leifang, Jann Lee, Hitomi, Pai (5), and Ayane.
Street Fighter: Chun-Li and Cammy, also applies to VS. series if either or available
Also depends on titles. II are the mentioned above. Alpha series are the 2 plus Karin and Fei Long, secondaries: Rose, shotos and Dolls. 3 is Chun-Li plus Ken and Ryu (prequels). EX is Chun-Li, Ryu, and Hokuto. 4 and 5 are back with Chun-Li and Cammy.
Tekken: Julia and/or Michelle Chang, up until 7, Asuka had to be promoted :mad: Besides Asuka as secondary along with Jun, Law and Nina. Katarina and Jin also are secondaries.
MK: Kitana
VF: Pai
SC: Seung Mina, Sophitia, Taki. Secondaries are Kilik, Maxi, Hwang and Mitsurugi
Darkstalkers: Morrigan, Felicia and Hsien-Ko (also applied to spin-offs and Vs. Series). Secondaries are Dimitri, B.B. Hood, Rikuo and Donovan.
Samurai Shodown: Nakoruru and Yoshitora (5 onward). Secondaries are Rimururu, Haohmaru and Jubei.
Capcom's Marvel/X-Men/VS games: Psylocke, Capcom side mentioned, Spiderman
Dragon Ball games: Android 18, exclude FighterZ since she demoted to Secondary back up
When used to played this series: Naruto: Clash of Ninja/Ultimate Ninja - Naruto and Sakura, Kiba (Storm series)
CVS/SVC Chaos: Chun-Li, Mai, Morrigan, Cammy

Other games like KOF, it depends who I can work with regardless on gender. Rival Schools are the Team Taiyo High (Batsu, Hinata and Kyosuke, plus Sakura in 1)

Last edited:

crapoZK

Standard Donor
DOA: Zack, Rig, Lei Fang
Street Fighter: El Fuerte (SFIV) Cammy (SFV)
Tekken: Eddy, Julia/Michelle
Mortal Kombat: Reptile
Virtua Fighter: Goh, Lion
Soul Calibur: Maxi
Guilty Gear: Zato-1, Slayer
DBFZ: Android 18, Cell, Frieza

I play characters based on their unpredictability and not by gender ngl. Whoever I can annoy my enemy the most with is who I lean towards.

Lol all my games I pick chicks idk I guess it’s a gay thing. I find them faster than male and more “flexible” and they tend to have the more stylish cool moves if that makes any sense .

PhoenixVFIRE

No matter the game, I usually end up picking a girl because game designers rarely make guys attractive. As for fighting games in particular, I usually play a girl bc they're faster and have really interesting fighting styles. Guys are always left with really boring practical styles that I just dont find appealing to look at or find interesting in the least.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
I choose whichever characters I like most, I prefer girls more tho since their designs tend to be better, but I'm naturally drawn to main protagonist types. Lili is my ultimate favorite game girl tho so I like characters like her: beautiful, dancer types, elegant, long hair or hime cut like hairstyles, and bitchy personalities. If it's a guy I like either burly young guys like Ed from SFV or guys like Kuja who act like a girl basically

Style wise I like styles that are practical and over the top and dancer like, like Lili I like since her style would be the best for a street fight XD Boring styles or ones that aren't very elegant turn me off, when you fight you HAVE to look good while doing it and you HAVE to make your attacks look like they wouldn't hurt that much to interest me. If the guy is hot enough I can excuse their lack with grace, like I can excuse a girl's lack of long hair if she's bitchy or graceful enough

These are examples of characters im drawn to who meet my strict criteria, I'm VERY picky xD:

DL_F-s8UMAArN13 (1).jpeg
maxresdefault (61).jpg
DcCIzIZW4AApuL_ (1).jpeg
IMG_20171224_220319.jpg

Jackie Chan Fan

Female, since the Dead or Alive series is well-known for the female characters. It's in the other fighting games where I main the male characters.

JJdude

Females, because I like most of there fighting style and the character. Plus they are real easy on the eyes which is a bonus for me.

Leifang12

Dead Or Alive :.: Leifang & Kokoro (But I play all of the female characters, with the exception of Mila! I really dislike her design)
Tekken :.: Nina & Lili
Soul Calibur :.: Cassandra & Talim
Virtua Fighter :.: Pai Chan & Aoi
BlazBlue :.: Taokaka & Raquel Alucard
Bloody Roar :.: Jenny & Uriko
Final Fantasy :.: Yuna

As you can see I play with the ladies ! :D

Ninoasker

I honestly play with my faves, so I don't have any real gender preference when it comes to characters.

I must say that I'm a biiiit biased to play with male characters though (and not only in DOA but basically in any fighter) since, well, it's always nice for my eyes to see them moving those muscles while they're beating each other's butts :p

I do play female characters too tho. In fact, even though I main both Bayman and Tina, Tina is the easiest one for me to use and the one I have the most play time with.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD