[Mar 20, 2015] Sakura Fight Festa 2015 (London)

CheekyChi

My controller is busted. Sometimes the dpad sticks to a direction. Any idea if it works in the madcatz se arcade stick?

Firei

As far as I know, the madcatz SE arcade stick does work with the converter since it does have the xbox firmware. Bringing your own controller is incredibly well-advised, but since you can use stick, someone may be willing to lend you one for play, although you're automatically screwed when you face them obviously :/.

CheekyChi

Haha
As far as I know, the madcatz SE arcade stick does work with the converter since it does have the xbox firmware. Bringing your own controller is incredibly well-advised, but since you can use stick, someone may be willing to lend you one for play, although you're automatically screwed when you face them obviously :/.
Or we can take turns

Firei

I've never met a player willing to lend you their own stick while they are playing you, and if they did exist, they'll be the kindest player I've ever met XD.
But anyways, better to bring your own always. As nice as the Fighting Game Community can be, it's a player's responsibility to provide their own controller when in a tournament.

Firei

I've confirmed your payment, you'll be added to the list shortly :). Good luck & see you there!

JDSILVA

just for peace of mind, DOA5LR is starts at 12:30 and ends at 19:00 on the 21st correct? Regarding travel may I ask what would be the easiest and most effective way to reach the venue from Victoria by bus, taxi or tube? Sorry I'm that guy that likes to arrive an hour early. ^_^

Last edited:

Firei

@CheekyChi - No Problem :)

@JDSILVA - Yes DOA5LR is all on the 21st March and we'll do our utmost best to stick to the schedule but just get the whole day off just to be sure.

The fastest way & easiest to get to the venue is via London Underground. Get an Oyster Card for £5 (if you haven't already) and add about £5 for it for a return. Take the Victoria line Southbound to Brixton. It is 2 stops to get to Vauxhall. Then follow these Directions: http://www.sakurafightfesta.co.uk/?page_id=156. It will take you about 20 minutes to reach the venue.

The cheaper ways are Bus (where you add £3 to your oyster). Take the No "2" Bus at Stop "L" at Victoria and get off at Bus stop "U" 8 stops away. This will leave you at Tate Library right here
StockwelltoRevo3.jpg

(the bus stop pictured on the left between the traffic light and sign should be where it leaves you).
Then follow the directions from the link above. This will be slower because of the bus wait BUT it leaves you with a 2-3 minute walk to the venue.

And obviously you can walk... which is free if you're up for it... but its 40 minutes away XD

JDSILVA

@Firei I arrive at 11 so I have some time to get lost along the way (^(エ)^) with my return being at 8PM so hopefully I should be fine.

Last edited:

Firei

Pre-Registration is now closed! Thank you all who signed up early! Entry is still possible but you must pay £20 at the door to enter (excluding your tournament entry fee). See you in a few days!

For people who couldn't make it, the stream will be here from 20th-22nd March.

http://www.twitch.tv/nthgenmedia

DOA5 will be on Saturday 21st roughly 12:30pm GMT, so tune in to check out the action!

Last edited:

Hurricane Rev

DOA5LR Results at Sakura Fight Festa

1) XI C4I2L IX (Lisa)
2) Hurricane Rev (Mila)
3) Eternal Warrior (Bayman)

The DOA5LR tournament at Sakura Fight Festa was Sooooo Goood and the finals were really intense!!!

GG's to everyone who I played against. It has been sooo much fun today :)

UpSideDownGRUNT

Sucks I couldn't be there, specially since my online usual and fellow west Yorkshire buddy JDSILVA attended lol

London needs more Toriyah action who knows maybe SFF 2016? ;)

EternalDragon

Sakura Fight Festa was my DOA tournament and I had a great time at the event!

Was fun to play against many good players and a variety of characters.

Look forward to playing against everyone again. :)

Firei

Thanks to all the players that attended! Just to clarify on the results that Hurricane Rev confirmed, here are the full results!

887587_797987610279783_5762481612992020436_o.jpg

--- Dead or Alive 5: Last Round ---

1st: IX C4l2L IX (ENG) - Lisa
2nd: Hurricane Rev (ENG) - Mila
3rd: Eternal Warrior (ENG) - Bayman
4th: CheekyChi (ENG) - Nyotengu
5th: Dulciria (SPA) - Ayane
JD SILVA (ENG) - Sarah
7th: Quixotic Neutral (ENG) - Hitomi
Micah (ENG) - Kasumi

Congratulations to the winners and thanks to all who played. Also thanks to the players that helped commentate: JD Silva, Hurricane Rev, C4I2L. Dulciria, and Eternal Warrior.

Full results of the tournament are here:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/126389947472883/permalink/712703925508146/

Also, HD videos of the fights will be uploaded to nthgens youtube channel. I'll post again when they are done (should be soon but they are massive so please be patient)

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD