[May 30, 2015] The Last Round - Online Weeklies (Online - PS4 (X1 To Be Added Later))

Status
Not open for further replies.

OWW

I need 5 guys for this weekend 2/28(Saturday).

Temp bracket - http://challonge.com/tlr1

Hey guys, long time lurker, first time poster here. I heard ya'll like online. ;) With Last Round a couple days away I figured why not do a little something to ring it in! OWW (Online Warriors Weekly) will be doing online weeklies a la WNF or NLBC, livestreamed on Twitch TV (http://www.twitch.tv/onlinewarriorsweekly) and archived on YouTube.

Platforms:
PS4 - Saturdays
X1 - Sundays (Signups closed until the game is patched)

Money Split:
5 Dollar Entry (Signups will be refunded if we don't get enough entrants)
50% to the "House"
60/30/10 to 1st, 2nd, 3rd (Winners will be paid right after the tournament ends via PayPal)

Paypal entry only - http://www.paypal.com
(Send $5.00 to tifosimw@gmail.com with your Gamertag/PSN ID - Please specify what console you are on. Failing to do so will invalidate your entry and you will be refunded.)

You're probably wondering, "Who is this guy and why should I send him 5 dollars? This is probably a rip off.". The answer to that is simply, we'll have to trust each other on this first one! :)

Rules:
Sign-ups open 12AM PST Wednesday (Typically - Signups for this first one are open now)
Sign-ups close 12AM PST Saturday (PS4) / Sunday (X1)
Tournament starts 10AM PST Saturday (PS4) / Sunday (X1)
After entry fee is recieved the player will be added to OWW friends list

Lobby
Lobby will be open to 3 people, OWW and the 2 players currently matched.

(Players will be sent invites to the lobby when it is time for the match. Treat this like WNF or a NLBC, If you aren't online when the invite is sent, you will be DQ'd and your entry fee will be refunded. Tournament starts at 10AM PST / 1PM EST - Make sure you're online and ready.)

Double Elimination Bracket
Matches are 2 out of 3
Grand Final is 3 out of 5
3 rounds
60 second time limit

(After the matches are over exit the lobby and wait for the next match if you move on.)

I can't really think of anything else to mention right now. If anyone has questions feel free to ask away!

The more entrants we get, the cooler this thing will be so tell friends, neighbors, anyone who's interested in the game and wants to play!

See you soon!

Last edited:

Minatao

I would enter if i wasn't such a noob.. Is there any possibility in the future of maybe running tournaments at specific skill levels? Maybe put people into skill brackets based on their rankings and past performances in tournaments. That way people can have some competition without getting completely schooled so bad they never come back.

OWW

I understand your concerns. The nature of fighting games is such that you have to "take your lumps". There's no shame in losing. In fact that's the only way you learn and get better.

I'm not a great player. I lose all the time. But its what you take from each loss that makes you better.

Hope you consider joining anyway! In the end its just a game and we all just want to have fun. :)

Minatao

Sounds like a good time, and i'd probably be out second round but hey. Gotta start somewhere. I'll see what i can do.

OWW

How many entrants are there for ps4? Is this a worldwide tournament or NA locked?

Only 1 at the moment. Trying to get more, lol. I'm okay with letting people in from all regions until we determine its unplayable.

PizzaMakers

Good luck with all of this man! I'm totally in support, I'll help promote it like I said, But I'm not good enough to enter at this point. I'd get destroyed. I'm not beyblade enough yet haha

Reactions: OWW

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
Before anyone thinks to trash this concept, I actually approve of this kind of thing.

It doesn't replace offline at all, and no you can't take it as seriously. But for those of us who have been around forever and just don't give a damn, let's face it. This is good entertainment.

So yea, I'll throw in on this.

OWW

Before anyone thinks to trash this concept, I actually approve of this kind of thing.

It doesn't replace offline at all, and no you can't take it as seriously. But for those of us who have been around forever and just don't give a damn, let's face it. This is good entertainment.

So yea, I'll throw in on this.
Got your entry bro. Thanks for the endorsement!

Sly Bass

Premium Donor
The Last Round #1 Bracket - http://challonge.com/tlr1 (Not final - Seeds will be shuffled)

Hey guys, long time lurker, first time poster here. I heard ya'll like online. ;) With Last Round a couple days away I figured why not do a little something to ring it in! OWW (Online Warriors Weekly) will be doing online weeklies a la WNF or NLBC, livestreamed on Twitch TV (http://www.twitch.tv/onlinewarriorsweekly) and archived on YouTube.

Platforms:
PS4 - Saturdays
X1 - Sundays (Signups closed until the game is patched)

Money Split:
5 Dollar Entry (Signups will be refunded if we don't get enough entrants)
50% to the "House"
60/30/10 to 1st, 2nd, 3rd (Winners will be paid right after the tournament ends via PayPal)

Paypal entry only - http://www.paypal.com
(Send $5.00 to tifosimw@gmail.com with your Gamertag/PSN ID - Please specify what console you are on. Failing to do so will invalidate your entry and you will be refunded.)

You're probably wondering, "Who is this guy and why should I send him 5 dollars? This is probably a rip off.". The answer to that is simply, we'll have to trust each other on this first one! :)

Rules:
Sign-ups open 12AM PST Wednesday (Typically - Signups for this first one are open now)
Sign-ups close 12AM PST Saturday (PS4) / Sunday (X1)
Tournament starts 10AM PST Saturday (PS4) / Sunday (X1)
After entry fee is recieved the player will be added to OWW friends list

Lobby
Lobby will be open to 3 people, OWW and the 2 players currently matched.

(Players will be sent invites to the lobby when it is time for the match. Treat this like WNF or a NLBC, If you aren't online when the invite is sent, you will be DQ'd and your entry fee will be refunded. Tournament starts at 10AM PST / 1PM EST - Make sure you're online and ready.)

Double Elimination Bracket
Matches are 2 out of 3
Grand Final is 3 out of 5
3 rounds
60 second time limit

(After the matches are over exit the lobby and wait for the next match if you move on.)

I can't really think of anything else to mention right now. If anyone has questions feel free to ask away!

The more entrants we get, the cooler this thing will be so tell friends, neighbors, anyone who's interested in the game and wants to play!

See you soon!
Neat idea. You'll have to keep an eye on your tournament numbers. If they get too large, your tournament can really start to drag on. Might consider only streaming winners bracket until top 8. Have the loser brackets fight each other off stream to keep it moving.

OWW

Neat idea. You'll have to keep an eye on your tournament numbers. If they get too large, your tournament can really start to drag on. Might consider only streaming winners bracket until top 8. Have the loser brackets fight each other off stream to keep it moving.

Man... Its funny that you mention that because I was really thinking about this very thing last night before bed.

That's a good idea. Thanks a lot for the input!

OWW

Not enough signups for a tourney today so entries are rolling over to 2/27 (Saturday).

Updating main post as well.

Randzz

Put self as "maybe". As I wrote on Twich "I'm a casual dammit." So don't be surprised if "maybe" becomes a "no". I'll definitely have decided one way or another by/on 26th.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD