Marie Rose intro quote

Jman2197

So what's with the "oh dear" quote she uses? It just seems really weird to me, o feel like they missed the chance to use the line, "This rose has thorns!" Or some other rose based pun. Also off topic, but what's with the dog collar thing in her default outfit? Does she get distracted by shiny things and Helena has to lead her around on a leash, so she won't be constantly trying to fight people?

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
So what's with the "oh dear" quote she uses? It just seems really weird to me, o feel like they missed the chance to use the line, "This rose has thorns!" Or some other rose based pun. Also off topic, but what's with the dog collar thing in her default outfit? Does she get distracted by shiny things and Helena has to lead her around on a leash, so she won't be constantly trying to fight people?
That's likely not what she really said in the Japanese version but you can thank the translation for that. As for the collar, her dress is gothic Lolita, and the collar is an accessory for the gothic theme

Jman2197

That's likely not what she really said in the Japanese version but you can thank the translation for that. As for the collar, her dress is gothic Lolita, and the collar is an accessory for the gothic theme
According to what I saw in the character intro translation thread it is what she said originally. I don't know much about gothic Lolita, but in highschool I had a friend who was into Lolita. She even wore it to school

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
According to what I saw in the character intro translation thread it is what she said originally. I don't know much about gothic Lolita, but in highschool I had a friend who was into Lolita. She even wore it to school
Yeah, there's multiple variation of lolita, my favorites being sweet, kuro, wa, Victorian, and of course gothic which is darker since it features accessories like chain and collars but not as dark as kuro which is often completely dark black like Ninon Beart in king of Fighters maximum impact 2

And yeah her intro oh dear is more because of her reserved personality, her English voice doesn't show it but she's pretty quiet and reserved in Japanese, she's almost barely above a whisper which is why I personally English dub anyway

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD