Marie Rose Safety

StrikerSashi

Premium Donor
I don't see how that contradicts anything I said, though. You said "no," then the rest of your post, so I was assuming you were denying what I was saying.

Prince Adon

Best in the World!!!
Premium Donor
So @StrikerSashi, you're saying you're going to give up free strike punishing damage, because it may not do as much damage as a throw (even though the same move/situation is not throw punishable) ? I am confused where you are going with this.

phoenix1985gr

No he meant that if a move was punishable by both strikes and throws he would take the most damaging option... I you can punish something with a launcher like jahns dragon kick you take that but if a move is maybe like -14 why punish with a jab or a 6p when you can 12f throw them?

Prince Adon

Best in the World!!!
Premium Donor
No he meant that if a move was punishable by both strikes and throws he would take the most damaging option... I you can punish something with a launcher like jahns dragon kick you take that but if a move is maybe like -14 why punish with a jab or a 6p when you can 12f throw them?

Of course you're going to do the most damaging option. Why wouldn't you? But you have moves like Momiji's 8K, which is really negative, but you can't throw punish it, you have to strike punish it. The point of strike/throw punishment is to get max guaranteed damage off of your opponent mistakes. It's up to the player to study how to do that.

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
Were not talking about strike punishing with light strikes lol (Neutral jab/mids/etc). I won't reply about this again, what I said was very clear (crystal).

Force_of_Nature

Standard Donor

I agree. I rarely see times where punishing something on block with strikes as opposed to throws is worth it, such as Ayane's PPPK for example, which is -30 (Almost always throw that instead of strike it.). For whiff punishment I usually use strikes unless I'm in a good position to grab the whiffed move. If something can't be thrown then you obviously have to strike punish it. Another thing that hurts strike punishment for blocked moves is that it only counts as NH, and most quick moves suck ass on NH.

Brute

Standard Donor
For me, something must be -17 or higher (or BT) to be worth a decent strike punish. That strike will rarely net over 80 damage, which I can always get free from something -13 or more. As such, there are very few times I go for a guaranteed strike punish over a throw punish.

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
I don't know why you guys are strawmanning this. It's pretty clear what I meant.

Same to you. I REALLY wish all of you would go back and re-read my first about strike and throw punishment. All of you missed my point. Read it VERY CAREFULLY.

MasterHavik

Digging all this knowledge. I can really try this out. It's good that I paly one of the fastest characters in the game. But back to Maire Rose folks. Now we all know her safety how are you looking to apply it?

FatalxInnocence

Erm, just quickly isn't -7 throw punishable? or am I crazy. I can always land a throw punish on 4PK which is -7 on block so why is it classified as safe here o_o;; 6T is a 7 frame throw which punishes anything -7 and above right?

Force_of_Nature

Standard Donor
Erm, just quickly isn't -7 throw punishable? or am I crazy. I can always land a throw punish on 4PK which is -7 on block so why is it classified as safe here o_o;; 6T is a 7 frame throw which punishes anything -7 and above right?

I think you need to add on 1 frame for throws, so you'll need to use a 6 or 5 frame throw to punish -7. 4 & 5 frame throws are breakable so anything punished by them is considered "Semi-safe". However, grapplers can punish -7 straight-up since 6 frame throws are unbreakable.

FatalxInnocence

I think you need to add on 1 frame for throws, so you'll need to use a 6 or 5 frame throw to punish -7. 4 & 5 frame throws are breakable so anything punished by them is considered "Semi-safe". However, grapplers can punish -7 straight-up since 6 frame throws are unbreakable.

Oh, ok. Thank you.

Man, they need to fix the training mode then. You can throw punish -7 after setting the following action to PPPP which is 10 frame jabs... still don't break the 7 frame throws. Training mode isn't really reliable anyway... AI can't get out of her BT throw h+k which is slower than the advantage it gives her.... course I still do it in matches anyway since it works >_>;;

Klts3

Training mode isn't really reliable anyway... AI can't get out of her BT throw h+k which is slower than the advantage it gives her.... course I still do it in matches anyway since it works >_>;;
You have to add few frames to turn around, 5 if I'm correct. That's why 6P is guaranteed after Rachel's 66T on counter. The advantage is +11 and 6P is i13 (15 frames after adding 2), but you have to add 5 frames to turn around, so the advantage is +16.

TRI Mike

Rondo K, sidestep K and 3K are also safe

But yeah man, I'm sick of dipshits trying to tell me Marie Rose is not incredibly safe. I'm not fucking retarded. I can read. I can observe. You're not going to convince me she didn't sell her tits for safety up the ass.

I wonder what did Tina sell because she's safe as hell and God know girl's got huge tits.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD