Marvel vs Capcom Infinite

Argentus

i doubt they can use Gwenpool since she's both Spider-Man and X-Men in one character.

Kamala Khan isn't likely because it would be confusing as hell to have two Ms Marvels in the same game (even if Carol is going by "captain", people would still be referring to Kamala as "Kamala" to differentiate her.)

Groot was a given.

Also hell yes to Asura. he better be OP as hell.

still want Squirrel Girl as well.

Nyte

Isn't Gwenpool a Spider-Man character based off an X-Men character? It's a thin line but I think it's fair game.

I don't know much about Kamala Khan but I've heard she's now completely different from Denvers since the 90s, so I could see her in.

Banana56

Cool :cool:

i doubt they can use Gwenpool since she's both Spider-Man and X-Men in one character.

Kamala Khan isn't likely because it would be confusing as hell to have two Ms Marvels in the same game (even if Carol is going by "captain", people would still be referring to Kamala as "Kamala" to differentiate her.)

Groot was a given.

Also hell yes to Asura. he better be OP as hell.

still want Squirrel Girl as well.

She's technically a Howard The Duck/Deadpool associated character, I think New Avengers too. Spider Gwen is mostly a Spider-Man character

They'll probably just let Kamala Khan have that name as oppose to Ms.Marvel seeing as she's known with her real name.

Plus Lupiko is mostly right on these things, so it's likely they'll be in

Isn't Gwenpool a Spider-Man character based off an X-Men character? It's a thin line but I think it's fair game.

I don't know much about Kamala Khan but I've heard she's now completely different from Denvers since the 90s, so I could see her in.

That's Spider Gwen, Same girl but different alter egos.

And yeah Kamala Khan is different since she is a shape shifter

----

We'll likely get 2 more reveals tonight

https://www.eventhubs.com/news/2016...s-tonight-during-rebroadcast-capcom-cup-2016/

Last edited:

Brute

Standard Donor
Curious if they're going to throw Frank West in this time to support the newest DR game. Lots of mixed feedback on that one.

Banana56

I think a Rival Schools character is pretty likely considering Tiffany and Hinata are in an SF5 stage.

Beach_stage.jpg

Sotherius

Man, i know every capcom and marvel character i love will most certainly not be in this game.

No x-23 or wolverine.

No Dante, Lady or a Clover character...

Well, at least megaman X is already in...

Awesmic

Standard Donor
Man, i know every capcom and marvel character i love will most certainly not be in this game.

No x-23 or wolverine.

No Dante, Lady or a Clover character...

Well, at least megaman X is already in...
Yeah, I'm very bummed I'll never get a chance to play my first fictional childhood crush Jubilee myself.

But at least Wandie's chances of being playable are very high, so there's that.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
If they do Rival schools , I want Batsu, he was awesome when I played him in the Project X Zone demo version B with Jin and Xiaoyu:
batsu-article_image.jpg

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Chances are that if they do put in Rival Schools characters, it will be between him, Akira Kazama, and (Demon) Hyo Iwamano.
Yes!! I literally know nothing about Rival Schools tho, but he stood out in the demo, especially when he spoke to Jin and Xiaoyu as if they were fellow students.

Awesmic

Standard Donor
Yes!! I literally know nothing about Rival Schools tho, but he stood out in the demo, especially when he spoke to Jin and Xiaoyu as if they were fellow students.
Rival Schools was a Capcom game, and has no connection to the Tekken universe whatsoever. You've been bewitched by the light of the X Zone, it seems.

To brief you on a proper history lesson, Rival Schools was one of Capcom's 3 attempts to compete in the then-wildly-popular 3D fighting game market in the mid-1990s, as a compromise from a deal with Sony. The previous attempts were with Star Gladiator, then Street Fighter EX (which was outsourced by ARIKA, a team that consisted of former Street Fighter game developers).

Released in Japanese arcades in 1997, and then a PlayStation exclusive release in 1998, Rival Schools was one of the first fighting games by Capcom to implement a story mode extremely well in a fighting game prior to Mortal Kombat 2011 (MK9), though never reaching the same level of mainstream appeal. It centered around varying schools in Japan which were being manipulated by one major elite school called the Justice Academy. To say anymore would be spoiling too much, but let's just say that Batsu and Kyosuke play some very important major roles in the plot.

Unfortunately, this game was never released on PSN in US shores. If you have a Japanese account though, you can spot one on the JP store instead. But good luck reading Japanese text in the story mode if you do (though it may not be a requirement for playing the actual game)...

Hayabusiness

Chances are that if they do put in Rival Schools characters, it will be between him, Akira Kazama, and (Demon) Hyo Iwamano.
Kyosuke also appeared in Capcom VS SNK 2, so I don't think he is not a possibility!

Rival Schools is a 2.5D fighter with simpler imputs than Street Fighter, and many kinds of specials.
The story is about weird kidnappings in a Japanese city. These kidnappings are all linked to schools, and students fight with each other trying to find the truth. The story is not very important, but the game still gives a weird focus on it due to a special Japan-only game mode (more on it later) AND voices cutscenes in the PSX version (not to mention a lot of these cutscenes change depending on which duo you have chosen).
All the characters are awesome Capcom-fied versions of shoenen and school manga stereotypes. They are all a likable bunch.

The PSX Japanese version of the game takes the school aspect up to eleven and adds a SCHOOL SIM MODE filled with goofy events, fanservice for everyone (and I mean everyone), a character creation mode and you can even befriend and almost date the characters, and said school sim mode got a sequel and added two (goofy) characters to the roster too. Sadly none of this came overseas and I doubt it will ever get translated.

The game in general is filled with 90s anime stereotypes... it's filled with anime references (Tiffany might as well be Swan White......) and one of the PSX exclusive characters, Hayato Nekketsu, got designed by a famous mangaka who specializes in hot blooded burning high school manga.
There is nothing not to love in Rival Schools. It's the best. A lot of the characters are just too crazy...

Now, onto Batsu: he is the usual Ryu character in terms of fighting style (although it is Hideo, the old teacher, to get a shotoclone moveset).
He starts out as a bitter lone wolf in search of his missing mother, but soon he opens up to his classmates and becomes friendlier. He loves his friends, he is stubborn, easily embarrassed, easily excitable, easily angered, and of course he loves JUSTICE!!!111. Batsu always listens to his heart and his fist before he listens to his brain.
He is incredibly moe and he made me discover how much I love Nobuyuki Hiyama's voice

I suggest Rival Schools to everyone. It's simply a good game. If they did a remake of the first with updated graphics I would be happy as much as if they did a third one. Knowing Tiffany and Hinata popped up in SFV made me smile.

I really hope this new MvsC adds a Rival Schools character. This lovely 90s fighter should always have a bit of spotlight.

Nyte

Is anyone else interested in the story mode? I think they said it will be robust and will tell a story about how both universes came together. Sounds like it could be fun.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD