Mass Effect: Andromeda Thread

Argentus

New patch is out...

C8vbLwrVwAIQAsm.jpg

i kinda preferred Addison with the heavy makeup. Suited her snooty nature.

Not seeing a huge difference with Suvi though.

But hopefully this update didn't mess up my custom Ryder

Jadeinchains

Never forget the ending so bad that it destroyed an entire setting...

mass_effect_fail.png

At least we got Andromeda because of it! :D................................ the perfect game with no story, lore, gameplay or graphical flaws. In fact the way it erases over already established lore actually enhances the experience.

Honestly I've been reading through a forum about ME:A and omg it's so obvious that this game was doomed with some of this pandering terrible dialogue and the people that worked on it.

@Crazy_Chin_Guy and I saw screenshots of the trans character scene and wow it really is just "What brought yo..." "My job was shit and I'm trans" ... Thanks bioware, I wouldn't want them to be organic or natural it's good that it's nothing more than exposition... hell even "sjws" aren't happy with how lazy this is written.

Also last thing but why is the romance dialogue that I've seen "rwar means I love you in dinosaur" level cringe?

Leifang

Hi guys, I don't have Mass Effect Andromenda yet. But I'm interested in seeing ya'll character creative. Also are you enjoying the game so far?

NightAntilli

I'm enjoying the game. The thing about this game is... The quests sometimes feel like work, rather than things you want to play. They are actually important for the narrative, but not engaging or fun, which makes it dull sometimes. But it's nowhere near as bad as people say it is...

And you know what, people aren't gonna like me for it, but, I have to say it. We got Mass Effect Andromeda in the shape it is in terms of writing because of the overhyping of ME2 and the ME3 Citadel DLC...

Last edited:

Jadeinchains

And you know what, people aren't gonna like me for it, but, I have to say it. We got Mass Effect Andromeda in the shape it is in terms of writing because of the overhyping of ME2 and the ME3 Catalyst DLC...

I actually agree with this to a point, They pretty much drove themselves into a wall with they're writing to the point that they had to go to a different galaxy to get away from it.

The last 5 minutes of ME3 managed to destroy the whole galaxy. I liked ME2 - ME3 but the ending just really wasn't done well.

NightAntilli

Sorry... I have to correct that statement. I meant Citadel DLC, not Catalyst DLC. The Citadel DLC was great, because of the light tone and humor, but you cannot build a 40+ hour game based on that tone. It becomes boring.

synce

3 hours into the game, just finished the first planet, and... I still can't get over the faces. Everyone's face either looks like it's covered in crater-sized pores or dipped in oil, and Cora's had the same bug eyed, cracked out expression the entire time.

How does something like this even happen?
faces.jpg

I heard it was outsourced to cheap Chinese labor, which would make sense since that's essentially what happend with FFX HD and Yuna looks lobotomized in that version compared to the PS2 game above.

Argentus

3 hours into the game, just finished the first planet, and... I still can't get over the faces. Everyone's face either looks like it's covered in crater-sized pores or dipped in oil, and Cora's had the same bug eyed, cracked out expression the entire time.

How does something like this even happen?
View attachment 23016

I heard it was outsourced to cheap Chinese labor, which would make sense since that's essentially what happend with FFX HD and Yuna looks lobotomized in that version compared to the PS2 game above.

never go for default in a Bioware game haha.

the new update in the game for the eyes really worked out well for my Ryder, imo.

17879864_1881876718729381_8158265859604167101_o.jpg

NightAntilli

New patch released today;

Mass Effect: Andromeda Patch 1.06 Notes

Fixed issue that caused singleplayer difficulty to impact multiplayer

Improved performance and stability

Various improvements to cinematic scenes

Fixed issue where SAM would mistakenly tell Ryder they have new email

Conversation options will no longer appear “greyed out” if new content is available

Improved legibility of subtitles

Maximum Nexus Level increased to 29

Single player balance improvements at higher difficulties.

Fixed issues with player animations getting stuck when jumping or changing direction repeatedly

Increased the number of autosaves allowed

Special items will not carry over into New Game+

Fixed issue where subtitles would not appear while waiting at the dialogue wheel if subtitles were disabled

Fixed issue that could cause AVP to reset to zero for all planets except Kadara

Vendors now sell fire augmentations

Weapon and armor vendors now carry inventory once player reaches Level 61

Chest armors now have level restrictions

Bonus items—such as Pathfinder Armor—can now be deconstructed

Fusion Mod of Resistance no longer continues to apply evade damage once unequipped

Improved responsiveness of control sticks

Fixed clipping issue on Sara Ryder’s casual jacket

Added graphics options to toggle Motion Blur and Depth of Field

Fixed issue where Remnant VI would stop attacking

Turbocharge will not deplete spare ammo when used on a weapon with the Vintage Heat Sink augmentation

Fixed interaction with datapad in the Search for the Remnant Drive Core mission.

Fixed issue where squadmate could not be revived if killed by a fiend at Site 2

Swapping a dead squadmate at a loadout will not cause them to die permanently

Nexus tram now operates during Nexus Reunion mission even if player has not completed Prologue

Fixed issue where player could romance both Cora and Peebee

Fixed issue where player could romance both Vetra and Peebee

Taking the left path in the Havarl dungeon will not block progression on Remnant Scanner mission

Fixed issue on H-047C where enemies could get stuck inside a rock, making them unkillable

Fixed issue where player couldn’t hide Ryder’s helmet after completing Ark Natanus mission

Fixed broken Nomad Shield Crafting mission

Fixed health issues with Architect’s leg that prevented completion of the fight

Frequency mission on Voeld is no longer blocked if player leaves the area after scanning the meteorite.

Missing Science Crew mission no longer blocked if Ryder kills the Architect before finishing objectives

Leaving the Nomad while falling out of bounds no longer results in infinite loading screen

Fixed issue where Nomad jump control was not remapping

Fixed issue where Cora slowly fell back to the ground after charging an airborne enemy

Improved performance on Eos when approaching or fast travelling to Prodromos

Loading auto-save will not block progress after kett encounter near Site 1 power relay station

Eliminated player fall through on Tempest after loading autosaves in space

Reduced the cost of Strike Team equipment and improved its effectiveness

A default Ryder name can now carry over to New Game+

PC – Fixed issue where dialogue choices would auto-select when using mouse and keyboard

PC – Improvements to display when running at different resolutions

PS4 – Fixed a crash that occurred when sitting in main menu for more than two minutes

PS4 – Fixed crash that occurred when moving from multiplayer back to the main menu

Multiplayer

Fixed issue where player would crouch repeatedly while interacting with device

Player’s deceased character no longer falls through the floor after an Ascendant attack in the extraction zone on Firebase Icebreaker

Improvements to reduce lag for players and hosts

Argentus

^still no fixes to making MP worth playing though.

Shame that the producer of the series basically made a statement saying "We aren't going to balance the game because we have jetpacks. JETPACKS, GAIZ."

Chapstick

Thank god @ the email fix.

"Pathfinder you have a new email"

*checks* "the brothers mccoy-" *exits email menu*

Nexus level increase is good too since you couldn't originally get all the perks.

Edit- the email thing is NOT fixed lol but I can see a noticeable difference in the hair, it looks a lot better

Last edited:
Reactions: Kyo

NightAntilli

They definitely matter.

And well, if you liked Andromeda, let's just say the story of the trilogy will blow you away in comparison.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD