DOA5LR Mastering Shiranui-Style Ninjutsu - Mai Shiranui Combo Thread

EMPEROR_COW

Premium Donor
Honestly...this whole cancel nonsense..
Just treat it like a string that has no delay.. cuz essentially thats what it is at the end of the day:

4P214P, 6PP236K

So much easier that way.. and more relevant to the whole DOA input style..

4P.214P implies a delay between the inputs and that makes the whole thing redundant as the string cancel wont happen

4P(214P) implies held inputs .. also wrong..

4P > 214P implies 2 seperate moves... again.. negates cancelation meaning..

Just put it as one block as shown in the beginning.. its far more logical.

Have a nice day.. I'll ne streaming some mai combos n tech soon.. ^^

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
But that's awkward to read especially if you're dyxlexic. It makes more sense if it's in smiley format but in written format it's awkward.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Personally adding C would be more direct than anything in between the corresponding notions and commands. It's simply more fitting. 4P214P is not even a natural move listed command but merely a convenience for those that already know notations and commands because people that already tried Mai know it directs to a cancel, a format for the general base of things should be needed as a guideline of things.

It's up to everyone though.

Last edited:

EMPEROR_COW

Premium Donor
:6::P::P::236::K: seems pretty easy to read to me

I'm against adding C in between ... because every damn move in every damn string in the damn game is a damn cancel ... (damn ! lol )

just sayin ...

Shiranui

A video I did to test some easy combos (without danger zones) on different weight classes.

Last edited:

KING JAIMY

Found a more damaging one by 5 points on CH.

:8::K: > :6::P::P::~::214::P: > :P::P::P::P:

Also works on mids but only from CLOSED STANCE.

After :214::P::+::K:, :6::P::P::~::236::K: does more damage.
Nice one, I didn't know that combo yet!

Also 6PP 236K doesn't connect at max threshold (stun level 3) because you're out of range, you have to use either 3P > 6PKP or 3PK for a wall slam.

Kirito

Oh, I see. That's a shame that max threshold makes damage worse haha.

After CB, I find that this combo is the most practical for oki.
CB! > 214P+K > 6PP~236K

It does just one point less damage than 8K > 6PP~214P > 6PKP but with the above, you have the option of running up to them (you're left at + frames even if they tech up, I don't know exactly how much), or Kachousen from range, plus it has great wall carry to try to get your opponent across the screen. Also works on lights and mids without having to time anything. On heavies replace 6PP~236K with 3PK.

Mai's CB wall damage is insane, though. This combo does more damage than a Power Blow at the wall even on NH.
CB! > 8K > 4P~214P+K > 6PP~214P+K

On the topic of C or no C in notations, I just use ~. Yes, we know it's essentially a string, but it's not listed in the movelist so we can't treat it as such. ~ implies stance or cancel anyway, so I just use this for everyone's sake.

KING JAIMY

Mai's CB wall damage is insane, though. This combo does more damage than a Power Blow at the wall even on NH.
CB! > 8K > 4P~214P+K > 6PP~214P+K
Can this one be tech rolled or are they just above ground when the second 214P+K hits?

VAND1TA

Standard Donor
After many hours of playing Mai, I discovered that 9P, P are very useful and great CB starter.
that's all I got to contribute.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
On the topic of C or no C in notations, I just use ~. Yes, we know it's essentially a string, but it's not listed in the movelist so we can't treat it as such. ~ implies stance or cancel anyway, so I just use this for everyone's sake.

There are already moves using ~. Akira's 16T~H and Kasumi with the upside down throw that puts her behind them upon teleport.

d3v

Traditionally, cancels have been written out with an "xx". So the proper way to write them out would be 4P xx 214P.

Rhandon

Standard Donor
This is simply a masterpiece! Thank you for your hard work and dedication. Those combos were amazing and the damage they dealt were beyond impressive; she is truly a force to be reckoned with when under the right supervision!

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD