DOA5LR Mastering Shiranui-Style Ninjutsu - Mai Shiranui Combo Thread

GreatDarkHero

This is frame advantage
Premium Donor
The purpose of the thread discussion is to highlight Mai's BnB combos and to follow up with any inquiries on how to perform the said combos, DOA5LR Mai combo trials, and situations behind her combos.

Feel free to discuss Mai Shiranui's combos here! All moderators and forum leaders please feel free to provide any form of guidance when desired. All other individuals should have a great time coming up with brilliant ideas for the Queen of Fighters.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
We might have to come up with a notation short term for the KOF cancels in format because DOA's inputs goes from one to another, but you can immediately cancel into moves such as 214P/214P+K/236K etc etc. (Like the normal term could be 4P > 214P, but there is a cancel from there, so I would suggest 4PC.214P)

66PK > 6PPC.236K

Max threshold

66PK > 4PC.214P > 6PKK Lightweight
66PK > 214P > 6PKK Midweight

As an example for those combos up there.

Last edited:

YBNDM

So do the second move immeadiately? Sounds kind of difficult... Man I wish I had her to test these things out.

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
I'm pretty sure there's gonna be a bigger damage reduction when comboing super heavy characters. The refloat from 6PP(214P) into more damage will definitely be tricky. I'll try to get my hands on the character this Wednesday to see how much damage she can generally dish out.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
I think everyone can do it. DOA"s buffering mechanic is more generous than KOF and personally, I think they should keep it that way for Mai within DOA itself because quarter-circle inputs usually do not come out properly for the pad players (since DOA has a lot of pad players). You could input 2114P or 2214P and it'll still come out. KOF is more strict where if you add extra buffers in there something else comes out.

If Mai had those cancels strict, I'd probably be the very few people still playing her or the loyalists Mai/KOF familiarity in the forums possibly.

KING JAIMY

Post CB max damage combos so far (feel free to add your findings):

• Featherweight: Not tested yet.
  • Lightweight: 8K > 6PP Cancel 214P > 6PKP. Note: Delay Cancel 214P a little bit otherwise it partially whiffs.
  • Middleweight: On middleweights you have two options which both lead to the same damage output. 1) 8K > 4P Cancel 214P > PPPP or 2) 214P+K > 6PP Cancel 236K
  • Heavyweight: Not tested yet.
Optimal damage combo for a 214P+K launch at max threshold without a wall nearby (works up to middleweights)

• 3P > 6PKP

Kirito

Post CB max damage combos so far
Lightweight: 8K > 6PP Cancel 214P > 6PKP. Note: Delay Cancel 214P a little bit otherwise it partially whiffs.
Found a more damaging one by 5 points on CH.

:8::K: > :6::P::P::~::214::P: > :P::P::P::P:

Also works on mids but only from CLOSED STANCE.

Optimal damage combo for a 214P+K launch at max threshold without a wall nearby (works up to middleweights)

• 3P > 6PKP
After :214::P::+::K:, :6::P::P::~::236::K: does more damage.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD