Maximilian played a slightly newer build and talks about it on his stream

ryu_highabusa

Maximilian played a slightly newer build and talks about it here: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/273704099?t=03h30m30s

He's seen characters and has footage he can't show... So, kinda jealous and petty over here.

His buddy specifically goes "Yeah, don't show the character select.

Says himself that he played Hayate and Hayabusa "who weren't shown off in the trailer so I'm not sure if I can show the footage and will have to talk to the Koei Tecmo guy.".
He misspoke. He tangled his words a few other times there too cause he was trying to recall everything from memory. He showed Hayate and Hayabusa "who were shown off in the trailer but not playable to the general press."

Others got this build:

C621Xaq.png

Last edited:

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
From the sound of it, it was just Hayabusa amd Hayate and I don't recall that being the main menu theme unless he changed it to the DOA4 one

He just had DOA4 music playing atm.

He's played characters he can't discuss or show... So, kinda jealous and petty over here.

Says himself that he played Hayate and Hayabusa "who weren't shown off in the trailer so I'm not sure if I can show the footage and will have to talk to the Koei Tecmo guy.".

Brute

Standard Donor
There's a laundry list of incorrect statements he's made about DOA in the past, and honestly there were quite a number about DBFZ in the pre-release days, as well. Not hating on him or anything, but people expect Max to cover every fighting game in existence and it's very obvious that he's not as knowledgeable about some of them, yet has to pass it off that he has a better understanding due to the special opportunities the developers give him as a result of his platform.

Regrettable, but whatchu gon' do?

MasterHavik

There's a laundry list of incorrect statements he's made about DOA in the past, and honestly there were quite a number about DBFZ in the pre-release days, as well. Not hating on him or anything, but people expect Max to cover every fighting game in existence and it's very obvious that he's not as knowledgeable about some of them, yet has to pass it off that he has a better understanding due to the special opportunities the developers give him as a result of his platform.

Regrettable, but whatchu gon' do?
I swear his DBZF videos are kind of cringe as Hellpockets and Perfect LEgend knew more than him.

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
Killer Instinct was what made him famous, not Dead or Alive. We look into his work for hints or clues because of his access, but we are clearly going to take someone else's word for it. With @Rojikku we are getting some of the highest quality break-downs, @Darkslay is coming out with solid DOA6 information as well.

Hopefully @DestructionBomb joins them as he has very high numbers for his Youtube videos and would be a great source to further balance the casual information coming out for our game from the media :eek:. I have a lot of respect for IGN because of how they have rated DOA as a whole. They've given most of Team NINJA's work very high marks, but I hate how quick they were to jump to T&A issues in their "in-depth" interview and asked as little as they could about the mechanics.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD