[May 9, 2015] Resistance 4 Presented by The Steam Co (Norwalk, Connecticut)

Jian

---------------------------------
New Challengers returns with the next installment of its successful tournament series Resistance 4! Come join us once again as the best players in the Tri State and New England converge in Connecticut to display some of the best skills in fighting games around.

Pre registration will be available soon
Pre register and save!

When: Saturday May 9th 2015
Venue Opens: 11 am
Onsite Registration: 11:30 am to 12:45 pm
Time: 2 pm - 11 pm

Onsite Registration: 11:30 am to 12:45 pm If you did not pre register this is your last chance

Game list: Schedule coming soon
GGXRD
Smash 4
Killer Instinct
Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3
Ultra Street Fighter 4
Dead or Alive 5 Last Round

Prizes is split pot at:

70% for 1st
20% for 2nd
10% for 3rd

Venue Fee: $20

Please preregister your venue fee at the address right below and note that we will be collecting DOA entrance fee the day of the tournament :
http://newchallengers.com/resistance-4-pre-registration/

Games:

Ruleset:

GGXRD: 2 out of 3, 3 out of 5 for WF/LF/GF
Smash 4: EVO Ruleset
Killer Instinct: 2 out of 3, 3 out of 5 for WF/LF/GF
UMVC3: 3 out of 5 Entire Tournament
USF4: 2 out of 3, 3 out of 5 for WF/LF/GF
DOA5LR: 2 out of 3, 3 out of 5 for WF/LF/GF

System:
USF4&UMVC3: is being run on Xbox 360,
Killer Instinct is being run on Xbox One
Smash 4: WiiU
Dead or Alive 5 Last Round: PS4
monitor: Asusvh236h
Tournament fee: $10 per game

Main Stream: TBA

We will have setups separately in the back, so you can play casuals while waiting for your turn in the tournament. Also feel free to bring in your own setup to play the game you want(space permitting).

---------------------------------

I'll be updating with Pre-Registration info and further details. If you have any questions let me know!

If you're coming by Metro-North, let me know and we'll coordinate a ride for you from the Norwalk Trainstation.

Hope to see everyone there in May!

Last edited:

Jian

I should note that DOA5LR is not on the official roster, which is why I bolded those items. However, I have spoken with Walter who's in charge, and he's definitely ok with adding the game but I'd like to see who would come. Please RSVP and I promise do this event right.

Jian

Heads up all, date and venue has been updated to 05/09/15 and Venue to the Double Tree in Norwalk CT.

Bigger and better venue while still being in a Trainstation town, thanks all!

bacardi

Howdy! This is my event, I am actually coordinating with the hotel and they will be available to provide a shuttle from the hotel to the venue. Also we are working on a room discount for those who would like to stay the night

Jian

Alright folks, I'll have 2 Titan One Converters on site with the tournament firmware. I want make sure you all get to play at your best =)

Jian

Hey everyone, for those planning to come join the DOA 5 Last Round tournament at Resistance 4, here is the game plan currently.

- I’ll be taking signups personally including entrance fees of $10 till 1:00 PM at the DOA 5 Last Round setups. Please make sure to pay for venue separately at the registration desk. Plan is to do a 70-20-10 split between the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd placers respectively.

- Please show up to the DOA 5 Last Round setups by 1:00 PM

- Tournament will start at 1:30 pm (as I need to make the brackets on the spot).

- I’ll be updating the brackets on Tournamento as matches finish throughout the afternoon.

- I will have 2 Titan One Converters on hand in case people do not have the appropriate controller for the system the tournament is on.

- Planning to get 4 monitors altogether, however I currently only have one PS4 setup and Xbox One setup, if people can bring more PS4’s or Xbox One’s let me know as I want to run this tournament on a consistent system if possible.

- If you need a ride from the train station, please let me know in advance and around what time you’ll be coming in so I can arrange a pickup accordingly.

Any questions feel free to contact me via Facebook or FSD under Jian.

Thanks all, hope to see y’all there.

- Jian

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD