"May the bells of good fortune give her 10 good moves" Top 10 moves

DR2K

1. P+K - Same as in DOA4, crushes almost every thing above the waist, her follow up punch can cause a GB.
2. SS K, her most evasive tool, can be cancelled into bokuho
3. 33P 4p can be done from wake up recovery, second part is her 3 in 1
4. BKO throw, her most damaging throw.
5. While in BKO 6p, forcetech.
6. 6pp causes sitdown stun
7. kkk, same kicks as before, incredibly fast string and can be delayed to your hearts content
8. BKO 22, still evasive as ever. Only now mid attacks that hit low can not be evaded.
9. 66p, while it's unsafe now, it causes knock back and is great for running mix ups
10. 66kpp, can be delayed, causes a gaurd break on charge, and her highest damage combo ender.

Overall she's evasive, loves the stun system, lacks damage, and is incredibly unsafe. She has a couple of safe moves and a bunch of new ways to go into bokuho. She can also freestep cancel out of bokuho. I haven't used it much, but it has potential. She has guaranteed options off her throws that put opponent in BT, can't wait to see what set ups players come up with from them.

Sora

I'm pretty sure that after testing out all post-launch combos, 236PKP beats out 66KPP in damage. Only slightly though.

TRI Mike

I'm quite disappointed to be hones. 8PP was a good string for me in DOA4 and she lost it for a new useless string with 6 mid punches that don't really do anything. BKO throw against heavy weights doesn't feel like a good tool. She feels much slower, less able to crush and with less damage output. I dunno.

DR2K

I'm quite disappointed to be hones. 8PP was a good string for me in DOA4 and she lost it for a new useless string with 6 mid punches that don't really do anything. BKO throw against heavy weights doesn't feel like a good tool. She feels much slower, less able to crush and with less damage output. I dunno.

BKO throw 6ppk 9k works on all weights.

TakedaZX

I love trolling Helena with Eliot's "Bokuho" :p

Ok but speaking seriously, tell me are any of those moves the one where you run up and just then turn around and kick low when you land? How good is that move, is it still a key move? and same for the one where she's BT and kneeling, while turning her body left and right to kinda back fist the opponent, is it good?

DR2K

I love trolling Helena with Eliot's "Bokuho" :p

Ok but speaking seriously, tell me are any of those moves the one where you run up and just then turn around and kick low when you land? How good is that move, is it still a key move? and same for the one where she's BT and kneeling, while turning her body left and right to kinda back fist the opponent, is it good?

Number 10. It's very good. It's a low that can be cancelled into bokuho, and can cause guard break.

TakedaZX

Number 10. It's very good. It's a low that can be cancelled into bokuho, and can cause guard break.
Yea I plan on playing Helena in the near future but I mean, everytime I play one they troll me with that move. It's damn good, then they drop the mixups. It's ridic... but I love it. I love dropping those Eliot Bokuhos(2F+K) though. Takes them back to neutral no problem and there's nothing they can do that's fast enough to combat it.

Alright thanks for the tip. :)

Sora

Am I the only one who likes her BKO 4P+K? Ducks highs (and some mids) throughout the animation, she steps back during the charge, has insane range, guard breaks when held 40f or longer and causes a +23 GB -- free 6PP sitdown stun into launcher combo.

And I should be using 66KPchargeP more too...

Marc

Im so disappointed with how helena is in this DOA. Like...she sucks compared to everyone else. However, I do like how she is able to go into her stance from more strings.

Omegan Eckhart

Im so disappointed with how helena is in this DOA. Like...she sucks compared to everyone else. However, I do like how she is able to go into her stance from more strings.
Why does everybody thinks she sucks? Here is stuff that everybody seems to be ignoring. She has:
  • One of the most damaging grabs in the game. Probably the most damaging non grappler grab.
  • A godly crush that still goes under high's and mid's.
  • The best side step game of all of the characters, one being a sit down stun that grants +23 for a free launcher, the other being a low that crushes high's.
  • A ton of 3in1's that cannot be thrown even by grappler's
  • Hit's Critical Burst very fast.
  • Best array of launchers in the game.
  • The ability to avoid high's and mid's resulting in free BKO grabs.
  • Best in stun mix up game.
  • Enough lows to make your opponent respect your mix up when blocking.
  • Great ranged pokes.
She has only one issue and that's her being stupidly unsafe. But she has more than enough options at her disposal to compensate for it. She isn't the fastest character but she isn't slow either, 12 frames mid attacks are pretty damn fast.

If Kasumi wants to abuse her 6P then I will BKO duck the damn thing, if she tries to do 2K after I duck her 6P I will interrupt it with Helena's 6P. If she free cancels I will BKO grab her for it. There are ways around issues like 11 frame mid pokes, you just have to able to use the tools you've been given.

She has an unbelievable amount of options, if people say she is garbage whilst completely ignoring everything I have listed then they don't know what they are talking about and their opinions should carry no weight.

/rant

Marc

Why does everybody thinks she sucks? Here is stuff that everybody seems to be ignoring. She has:
  • One of the most damaging grabs in the game. Probably the most damaging non grappler grab.
  • A godly crush that still goes under high's and mid's.
  • The best side step game of all of the characters, one being a sit down stun that grants +23 for a free launcher, the other being a low that crushes high's.
  • A ton of 3in1's that cannot be thrown even by grappler's
  • Hit's Critical Burst very fast.
  • Best array of launchers in the game.
  • The ability to avoid high's and mid's resulting in free BKO grabs.
  • Best in stun mix up game.
  • Enough lows to make your opponent respect your mix up when blocking.
  • Great ranged pokes.
She has only one issue and that's her being stupidly unsafe. But she has more than enough options at her disposal to compensate for it. She isn't the fastest character but she isn't slow either, 12 frames mid attacks are pretty damn fast.

If Kasumi wants to abuse her 6P then I will BKO duck the damn thing, if she tries to do 2K after I duck her 6P I will interrupt it with Helena's 6P. If she free cancels I will BKO grab her for it. There are ways around issues like 11 frame mid pokes, you just have to able to use the tools you've been given.

She has an unbelievable amount of options, if people say she is garbage whilst completely ignoring everything I have listed then they don't know what they are talking about and their opinions should carry no weight.

/rant

lol Okay, sure you've posted some nice things about Helena. Not that everybodys ignoring them, but it seems as though, the stuff you've pointed out may not always be enough against the rest of the cast. For instance, you say she has great ranged pokes. I disagree. Helena gets smacked around against the 'turtlers'. Please list some ranged pokes she has that are great. Helena is slow. She gets out poked. While she has great launch options, most of the cast also has the same. When dealing with a faster cast, with more dmg, and ranged poke heavy chars, its pretty frustrating. Not to mention, shes deathly unsafe. Sounds like low tier to me. Not that I'd let a tier stop me, or make me, im still a fan. Also, you said my opinion should carry no weight, thats disrespectful. You may not agree with me, but you will respect me. Lets keep it clean. kthanx.

Omegan Eckhart

lol Okay, sure you've posted some nice things about Helena. Not that everybodys ignoring them, but it seems as though, the stuff you've pointed out may not always be enough against the rest of the cast. For instance, you say she has great ranged pokes. I disagree. Helena gets smacked around against the 'turtlers'. Please list some ranged pokes she has that are great. Helena is slow. She gets out poked. While she has great launch options, most of the cast also has the same. When dealing with a faster cast, with more dmg, and ranged poke heavy chars, its pretty frustrating. Not to mention, shes deathly unsafe. Sounds like low tier to me. Not that I'd let a tier stop me, or make me, im still a fan. Also, you said my opinion should carry no weight, thats disrespectful. You may not agree with me, but you will respect me. Lets keep it clean. kthanx.

If you say she is absolute trash with nothing good going for her then you are misinformed and people trying to learn her should not listen to your opinion because it is wrong. Now I didn't necessarily say that included you, but if what I just said does include you then I stand by what I said.

In regards to ranged pokes:

:K::K::K: 12 frames and has great range
:1::K::K: The second hit has deceptive range. I catch people off guard with this a lot.
:4::P::P::P: Covers a large amount of space, people try to interrupt this a lot and get hit.
:6::6::K: Covers a lot of range.
:6::6::P: Again covers a lot of range and has a great hitbox making it hard to hit her out of.

If you are struggling against turtlers like Jann Lee for instance that is natural, having problems like that is a universal thing though as his space controls moves, :3::K: and :6::6::K: are god like.

In case I wasn't being clear just because I quoted you doesn't mean everything I said was directed at you. Perhaps I should have been clearer on that, my bad.

KwonJigglypuff

What is the definition of "turtlers" ? Is it like... a character that piss you off ? That could suit Jann Lee actually. No seriously.

I love your optimism Omegan. *this is not sarcasm*

Omegan Eckhart

What is the definition of "turtlers" ? Is it like... a character that piss you off ? That could suit Jann Lee actually. No seriously.

I love your optimism Omegan. *this is not sarcasm*
Turtlers are people who constantly move backwards and force you to chase them. It ain't even optimism I honestly feel that she is good lol

KwonJigglypuff

Okay thanks.

I feel that she is not as terrible as she was described a few weeks ago too. She has some potential, I just need to learn how to use it again the rest of the cast who -unlike her- inherited these new tools. :eek:

DR2K

Helena needs safety(frame advantage going into bokuho please) and damage. They're shit. She's not as bad as Drdogg initially hinted, but she's incredibly crippled in these 2 areas.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD