Metal Gear Solid V (Ground Zeroes/Phantom Pain)

The 4th phase

Standard Donor
Only ps4 games I have are ffx Witcher 3 battlefront doa5 and mgsv.

Been playing mgsv nonstop which will continue until I get digimon or naruto.

I have both those games aswelll they are awesome.

playing through naruto right now aswell. I will find time for mgsv hopefully soon.

Argentus

I have both those games aswelll they are awesome.

playing through naruto right now aswell. I will find time for mgsv hopefully soon.
I paid them off early picked them up then had to return them to pay utilities because I hadn't had any work in two months -_-

Plus GameStop screwed me out of the preorder bonuses so whatever

Argentus

My ps4 is packed back up for now but I went ahead and tried the ps4 record and upload feature before I left.

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
The single player is great. Game looks breathtaking and even with the shitty story and dissapointing ending and cut content, I still had loads of fun with the different events and just messing arundel in the game.

The controls are probably the best in the whole series and the options you have allows for a lot of different playstyles. A massive improvement over PW even if it's really unfinished.

MGO is okay but nothing ground breaking. It's rather generic compared to older MGOs. They did an okay job patching the game in general though the community is small and with Kojima gone there's probably not gonna be any more MGS games coming out, except novelty gambling or card/collectible games.

I'm completely okay with this being the last MGS game. The whole series is an evolving design concept supported by a cluster fuck of a narrative that's mostly there for fun. I'll occasionally keep coming back to these games.

Goarmagon

Standard Donor
The single player is great. Game looks breathtaking and even with the shitty story and dissapointing ending and cut content, I still had loads of fun with the different events and just messing arundel in the game.

The controls are probably the best in the whole series and the options you have allows for a lot of different playstyles. A massive improvement over PW even if it's really unfinished.

MGO is okay but nothing ground breaking. It's rather generic compared to older MGOs. They did an okay job patching the game in general though the community is small and with Kojima gone there's probably not gonna be any more MGS games coming out, except novelty gambling or card/collectible games.

I'm completely okay with this being the last MGS game. The whole series is an evolving design concept supported by a cluster fuck of a narrative that's mostly there for fun. I'll occasionally keep coming back to these games.
The story is like that Undertaker Vs. Lesnar match...You keep enduring the shitty match thinking the finish will be good but the finish doesnt even ahve the decency to be profanely bad. It just ends.

Argentus

Its not bad but its one of the few metal gears I have no desire to replay.

I haven't even bothered doing events since it just unlocks

Emblems I'll never use
Guns I'll never use
Camos I'll never use (I only use sneaking suit to muffle footsteps)

The game had a lot potential but misses too much.

The fact that you can't unequip pistol and rifle. I WANT to play like past metal gears and go in with nothing. The subsistence missions are my favorite for that reason!

The open wilderness means there's not really any sneaking aside from the FOB missions. Mostly just sniping is the stadard (most practical) method.

Like a hundred guns that are all pointless because all you need is tranq rifle and tranq pistol.

No variations on sneaking suit. So many camos for regular fatigues but the sneaking suit is always the best option.

I love my character but crap this game had a lot of wasted potential.

Argentus

Got the swimsuits

I actually like it. Its like a tactical bikini lol.
13925829_1763537630563291_7198539805943064027_o.jpg

13679868_1763537750563279_3857043409993954091_o.jpg

13920264_1763537453896642_3069814034498550688_o.jpg

13923626_1763537220563332_5303573071089171413_o.jpg

If it was just a regular swimsuit I would have hated it.
It still looks godawful on the men though.

Also kudos for actually modeling the cheeks bulging out of the bikini bottoms. Most games don't bother and just paint bikinis/panties onto the basemodel (looking at you DOA)

Argentus

Too bad its just ripped straight out of MGO
Wouldn't know. V's mGO is total crap so I don't touch it. Only thing I do know is I wish theyd let the main game have all the past games sou tracks like the versus mode does. That's bs.

Plus the fact that you can unquip weapons in mgo but not the main game?! Seriously wtf

UpSideDownGRUNT

Has anyone here heard about Metal Gear Survival?

If not, keep it that way... A Co Op Zombie shooter based after GZ's ending. I'm not even trolling

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Too late

While Hideo does like Walking Dead, did not think they would do something like this without him. Him and Norman Reedus should just blow up the place.

Goarmagon

Standard Donor
Not gonna lie..I am impressed with how bad that looks. They took the fox engine and reused resources from the main game and made it look like pure shit. Outstanding.

And AlphaOmegaSin goes balls deep

Last edited:

XZero264

FSD | Nichol
Premium Donor
I get the idea. The members of the old Mother Base made it out alive and they had to survive until Big Boss found them. But this is not a good way to do that. I'm all "hey, another MG games but with zombies so oh no..." Pretty much Konami making a zombie "apocalypse" game and hoping that calling it Metal Gear will help it sell.

Only way I'll have interest in it is if it turns out to actually be decent and I have other friends to play with but for now, this may be the first MG game I won't care for.

Argentus

Does KO Ami just not understand what metal gear good in the first place? Starting with peace walker they started getting rid of everything that was cool.

Peace walker did away with the iconic boss fights.

Ground zeroes did away with all the cool items and stuff you could do with them. Plus did away with the iconic voice of Snake.

Mgsv did away with sneaking almost entirely outside of FOB missions, since its huge open world. By five its just Snakes face in a generic third person shooter game.

Now this does away with snake entirely so we just have a generic zombie game with metal gear in the name.

Reminds me that Umbrella corps resident evil. Totally pointless. If anything they should have just made ORC 2 instead of a lifeless third person shooter

UpSideDownGRUNT

MGSV was definitely NOT a "genreric 3rd person shooter"... you absolutely stealth it, in fact I've gotten many S ranks in missions from getting no kills and no alerts.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD