Mila Match Videos

Something-Unique

I intended on creating a Mila guide/bible of sorts for the Mila forums quite some time ago. But I ended up canning it because of TN's constant Mila nerfing. The less tech their is in the open the less chance TN has to nerf it seeing how she appears to be a target for their nerf bat.

Anyway its a bit off topic for this thread but as I don't have the time to teach Mila directly perhaps i'll finish the guide for those that might be interested like mpgeist.

As far as the match goes i'm glad the Mila vs Jann Lee match entertained most of u. I chose to upload it because the match was quite different from the rest. Knowing the match wasn't guns blazing and pressing a ton of buttons I never expected most people to like it.

HurricanRev ur looking into the fight just a bit to much. RyuJin and I have sparred numerous times before. In fact I have the most fights with him than I do anyone else. What's happening in the match is just an understanding between each others tendencies. What u see as too much turtling is in fact match #??? of feeling each other out based on past matches. Also if u look at the match again u will notice that stepping in a.k.a playing the spacing/footsie game causes RyuJin to press a button which is just enough to prevent excessive grabbing and getting the Hi Counter damage. There is a reason the match was so patient.

Hurricane Rev

HurricanRev ur looking into the fight just a bit to much. RyuJin and I have sparred numerous times before. In fact I have the most fights with him than I do anyone else. What's happening in the match is just an understanding between each others tendencies. What u see as too much turtling is in fact match #??? of feeling each other out based on past matches. Also if u look at the match again u will notice that stepping in a.k.a playing the spacing/footsie game causes RyuJin to press a button which is just enough to prevent excessive grabbing and getting the Hi Counter damage. There is a reason the match was so patient.

I see what you are saying but I disagree. I would explain why I disagree but I don't want to go off-topic. Besides, everyone has their own ways of playing Mila

GreatDarkHero

This is frame advantage
Premium Donor
Get your popcorn, drinks... a piece of paper, notes and frame data prepared folks. The Mila Theatre is open once again. ARE YOU MOTIVATED.......????!!!!

Mila vs Kasumi Match:
Relatively cut and dry... Mila players general need to beware of characters with i9 frame P's.

Mila vs Momiji:
Mila vs Momiji can be relatively tricky... the Mila player in this match up spaced himself away from Momiji towards the corner to advert wake up options and to botch Momiji's wall jump attempt (it was beautiful to watch - see 0:42). Through out the video, you see the Mila player taking advantage of 7K(held) then getting the sit down stun for the Power Blow. Then the Mila player even goes as far as to score a Power Launcher combo. The Mila player wanted to stay solid until he could get the stun.

Mila vs Ayane
The Mila player of this video favored TD quite a bit... Catching the Ayane player off guard multiple times. When Ayane is back turned like that while Mila is reeling from her own stun, it would normally be best to back dash to see if the Ayane player is going to whiff something or roll backwards... or block he incoming mix up. Ayane is also one of the few characters with a i9 frame jab... The thing is, Ayane functions very well mid screen. I guess 4K+H is a good option for keep out, until Mila herself starts the offense. Mila might have to get in a bit close in the match up

Mila vs Ayane Issue 2:
Back to the vs Ayane scenario again... the Mila player resorted to singular strikes like 2P, 6P, 4K, and 3K because they were relatively safe options and they helped keep the momentum. Both players were trying to be careful here...

Mila vs Kokoro
(I really like Mila's theme song... Sounds like something that is fitting to a Megaman X video game... or something along those lines. It's fascinating. Motivating even. The Mila vs Kokoro MU... I dunno. I've played as Kokoro before. The Mila player would have to be a bit cautious about theirdefensive options because of Kokoro having grabs within her strings which can throw the opponent off balance. Well placed pokes and CH stun helps here. Towards the middle of the match after Kokoro managed to defeat Mila the second time around, Mila began to use TD a bit more to avert Kokoro's offensive measures. (A well timed TD does beat out a number of options but not full proof - crouching opponents or opponents out of range can subvert Mila's TD). Then again, those TD's are part of where Mila's damage and come back potential comes from. This is part of the reason why Isee Mila as the "Makoto/Takuma" character of this game.(The analogy is that Makoto from the SF series and Takuma from the KOF series... KOFXIII in particular... are both high damaging characters but require very extensive knowledge of the game system in itself for the player to prosper.Mila fits into this category to a large degree)...

For Mila, I guess the player would have to focus on pushing the character onto the defensive - possibly force the player into a situation where they "want" to hold something. Then go for 6T and/or Mount. Mila needs to cripple the opponents defense after getting scoring a stun. Upon doing so... Mila will be able to obliterate 40%~60% of the opponents life, even if she does not fully utilize the stun game because of how her juggle combos work, along with the Mount position (most of the players here are aware of these facts... this is just me summarizing Mila's condition. Such an awesome character. Even though, quite a few of these matches are online, we can still retain some good game play related information this way, especially for visual learners.

GreatDarkHero

This is frame advantage
Premium Donor
The Mila Martial Arts Theatre is open again!
Mila vs Ayane:
The reason why a lot of Mila vs Ayane situations are recurring is because the Mila player would have to showcase a little discretion towards such a character until they do get an offense going.

Mila vs Zack:
The noteworthy Mila player in the video was mostly focused on trimming Zack's health bar with gratuitous mix ups while Zack was attempting to hold something off of Mila. As far as I'm concerned, Zack himself also seems to be a relatively solid character...

Mila vs Helena:
Gill Hustle testing Mila against high level/intermediate Helena

Mila vs Lisa:
Within this video you will see a nicely done Power Launcher combo!

Mila vs Alpha:
Alpha-152... and recently Marie Rose are the feather weights... Our girl Mila can use this to her advantage and juggle the opponent for hours... days... weeks... months... years... XD

GreatDarkHero

This is frame advantage
Premium Donor
... The curtains open...

Mila vs Pai
Both by noteworthy players. (Codemaster is the Pai player) I am also subbing Pai so this video was more than just educational for me...

Mila vs Pai V2
Another Environmental Combo Scenario
Different stage used. Please take a glance at this.

Mila vs Bass

Mila vs Ayane
Mila is played by @XxLovelessGirlxX.

mpgeist

Standard Donor
Played against a friend in some matches. he won most of them but I don't feel too bad about how I played, other than some really dumb decisions and too much holding in the beginning. It's all Mila vs Phase 4. As always, comments and critiques are welcome.

GreatDarkHero

This is frame advantage
Premium Donor
@mpgeist
Thank you for uploading - giving the players the resources for tracking the Mila vs Phase-4 analysis and match up. I was left with the impression that Mila vs Phase-4 would be a relatively solid match up. Mila would take advantage of Phase-4's safety issues.

mpgeist

Standard Donor
@mpgeist
Thank you for uploading - giving the players the resources for tracking the Mila vs Phase-4 analysis and match up. I was left with the impression that Mila vs Phase-4 would be a relatively solid match up. Mila would take advantage of Phase-4's safety issues.
Hopefully it helps someone, but I still struggle with my fundamentals online so I don't know how much value there is in the vids I post.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD