Mila Match Videos

Force_of_Nature

Standard Donor
Used Mila at Casuals a bit this week. Still not quite comfortable with her flow but love what she's got.

Critiques are welcome.

Argentus

Used Mila at Casuals a bit this week. Still not quite comfortable with her flow but love what she's got.

Critiques are welcome.

7k is good for guard break if you hold it.

Don't forget her sidesteps go to tackle, which can always be canceled to rising knee, straight mid, neutral, or machine gun punch.

Id suggest using her actual sweep sometimes instead of just jabbing low, for the ducking aspect as well as extra damage and reach, plus setting up a mount either from down grabbing them when knocked down or baiting a hold

Holding mid punches, mid kicks, and low kicks lead immediately to guaranteed mount.

Her 4pp is good as well as 1P+K

Don't forget her 7p backhand has multiple options as well (7pk, 7pp, or 7PT to tackle, which again can be feinted to T, K, H or P+K). Same deal with her 1H+K.

Also if you 9P, then immediately 9P again or P+K its hard knockdown for a guaranteed mount. Also hard knockdown after 3H+K.

Actual style id say your focusing too much on basic jab pokes. It works but kind of a waste of her move set.

Then again I'm off the few who prefers ground and pound over juggles and force techs so don't know of my advice will help you or not.

One of my usual routines is SSP, (hold)7K, 6P+K, 6H+K, 8PPP, 2T, PPP. Usually half health right there.

Force_of_Nature

Standard Donor
7k is good for guard break if you hold it.

Don't forget her sidesteps go to tackle, which can always be canceled to rising knee, straight mid, neutral, or machine gun punch.

Id suggest using her actual sweep sometimes instead of just jabbing low, for the ducking aspect as well as extra damage and reach, plus setting up a mount either from down grabbing them when knocked down or baiting a hold

Holding mid punches, mid kicks, and low kicks lead immediately to guaranteed mount.

Her 4pp is good as well as 1P+K

Don't forget her 7p backhand has multiple options as well (7pk, 7pp, or 7PT to tackle, which again can be feinted to T, K, H or P+K). Same deal with her 1H+K.

Also if you 9P, then immediately 9P again or P+K its hard knockdown for a guaranteed mount. Also hard knockdown after 3H+K.

Actual style id say your focusing too much on basic jab pokes. It works but kind of a waste of her move set.

Then again I'm off the few who prefers ground and pound over juggles and force techs so don't know of my advice will help you or not.

One of my usual routines is SSP, (hold)7K, 6P+K, 6H+K, 8PPP, 2T, PPP. Usually half health right there.
Nah it's cool, everyone has their own style. Her juggles can definitely net damage if set up right. My biggest concern is actually from feeling like I'm only utilizing a fraction of her tools, which also can be a testament of how potentially lucrative she can be. Thanks for the tips.

Yeah, I've focused quite a bit on her striking game because it seems pretty decent, and found that her 2P is a great low poke with good range (move reaches further and recovers faster than it looks) and advantage on hit along with being an instant hi-crush and fast at i14. 2H+K is also good but much slower than 2P. I tend to use it if there's a little bit of range or if I'm at advantage as a low poke mix-up with her mids and 66P. 9P is a great frametrap on block that can throw some people off forcing them to have to retaliate with something fast, opening them up to conditioning for something like a SS~takedown. I do really like her 6T and takedowns because they complement her mix-up game nicely. 1P+K is a nice hi-crush option for starting the stun game. 7K is a good guard break along with 66P despite being a little on the slow side (The SDS is deadly though on CH!)

Giannola

Some really good info here^. I'd add that I'm personally a fan of 7p, particularly 7p1kh, in Stun because of its stun properties (not sure what it's called, but causes the opponent to fall to the ground). Although I'm no great Mila player.

Argentus

Nah it's cool, everyone has their own style. Her juggles can definitely net damage if set up right. My biggest concern is actually from feeling like I'm only utilizing a fraction of her tools, which also can be a testament of how potentially lucrative she can be. Thanks for the tips.

Yeah, I've focused quite a bit on her striking game because it seems pretty decent, and found that her 2P is a great low poke with good range (move reaches further and recovers faster than it looks) and advantage on hit along with being an instant hi-crush and fast at i14. 2H+K is also good but much slower than 2P. I tend to use it if there's a little bit of range or if I'm at advantage as a low poke mix-up with her mids and 66P. 9P is a great frametrap on block that can throw some people off forcing them to have to retaliate with something fast, opening them up to conditioning for something like a SS~takedown. I do really like her 6T and takedowns because they complement her mix-up game nicely. 1P+K is a nice hi-crush option for starting the stun game. 7K is a good guard break along with 66P despite being a little on the slow side (The SDS is deadly though on CH!)
I know you know what youre talking about but...try not to only think in terms of frames.

Like in that vid if that guy used holds, like, at all, your pokes were easy to read and should have been getting punished almost every time.

Like with 9p its great on block but the idea is to crush with it for the followup, not let it be blocked lol. Though the problem is that crushing isn't really something you can teach lol.

But yeah all her tools are really really nice, I just get irritated when I see people not really utilizing her versatility (most online miles just try to spam some juggle they looked up online for example)

But yeah sounds like its just a matter of getting experience and incorporating the rest of her moves into your play style is all. Like use 1p as well as2p, because 1p is a sweep instead of poke, etc.

Try that little combo I said, see if its your style.

Oh also few little tricks.

If you mount off the wall the timing for punching is different, a little delayed.

Don't forget that you can 3T to instantly mount crouching opponents. This includes brad in his lazy stance, Christie and Helena in their crouching stances, Bayman in his roll, etc etc.

Her hold against low punches ground bounces for a small combo

7K counter hit to Critburst

When finishing machine gun punch (p+k to cancel tackle) you finish be either pressing p for a straight punch, 8 p for a launcher, or I usually press nothing to bait a hold then 214T for mount on hold.

And apparently people are surprised by this but you can hold out of her wheel kick (3h+k)

Yeah sorry I'm kinda self taught so I can't say the first thing about frames but I can give practical advice, at least lol. If you have ps3 i can match you sometime

Last edited:

Jefffcore

Personally I think speed is kinda irrelevant between 2p and 2H+K: you're using them to crush high; any fast mid is gonna beat them both the same, and one has better reward. 1p is -2 now, so I don't see a reason to ever use that.

9p is -3 or 4, so it's not a frame trap

1p+k can be staggered, so be mindful of that.

Needs more 4k

Last edited:

Argentus

Might as well toss some of my own casuals from today up. Since they disabled uploading from ps3 this is the best I can do.

Trying to get back in the habit of using feints and mixups but its almost hardwired into muscle memory to mount at every opportunity lol

Force_of_Nature

Standard Donor
Your videos aren't accessible.

1P is kinda meh now being negative on NH since 2H+K instantly hi-crushes, also tracks and provides good advantage on hit. 2P is better against opponents that hesitate because it pressures them even further being advantage on hit. As for my opponent using holds, I tend to pay attention to when they hold and adjust my tactics accordingly. I.e. If you start spamming holds against me, I'll start throwing you. 9P is a frametrap because it can't be punished in any way on block and leaves Mila completely safe unlike 3H+K (though I tend to prefer 3H+K anyway as my low crush, go figure...). 1P+K can be SE'ed, but is more likely to hit than her other crush stun-starters. I do need to use 4K & 4H+K more, though I wasn't really running a keep out or footsie game. They provide little reward when they hit in general during the neutral game.

I know that 3H+K is holdable & throw punishable. I'll keep 3T in mind for opponents with good crouching techniques. And, yeah, I'm trying to add new techniques to her piece-by-piece, and looking at things pragmatically. Don't worry about people not using all of Mila's moveset or using the "same juggle" over and over. It's legit to do that if it works, because it's on the opponent to deal with it. Same for people that complain about Momiji's or GenFu's combos.

Thanks for the tips guys! Thinking of ways to implement 7K.

Argentus

Your videos aren't accessible.

1P is kinda meh now being negative on NH since 2H+K instantly hi-crushes, also tracks and provides good advantage on hit. 2P is better against opponents that hesitate because it pressures them even further being advantage on hit. As for my opponent using holds, I tend to pay attention to when they hold and adjust my tactics accordingly. I.e. If you start spamming holds against me, I'll start throwing you. 9P is a frametrap because it can't be punished in any way on block and leaves Mila completely safe unlike 3H+K (though I tend to prefer 3H+K anyway as my low crush, go figure...). 1P+K can be SE'ed, but is more likely to hit than her other crush stun-starters. I do need to use 4K & 4H+K more, though I wasn't really running a keep out or footsie game. They provide little reward when they hit in general during the neutral game.

I know that 3H+K is holdable & throw punishable. I'll keep 3T in mind for opponents with good crouching techniques. And, yeah, I'm trying to add new techniques to her piece-by-piece, and looking at things pragmatically. Don't worry about people not using all of Mila's moveset or using the "same juggle" over and over. It's legit to do that if it works, because it's on the opponent to deal with it. Same for people that complain about Momiji's or GenFu's combos.

Thanks for the tips guys! Thinking of ways to implement 7K.
Fixed the links try now. Just the last couple casual matches so its nothing special. Had a hard time holding and recovering due to lag input

Jefffcore

But it's not a frame trap, it's negative; If you both hit a button you lose. It's abare.

What's wrong with the same combo over and over? That's how you get the most damage. It's also how you condition the other player

Last edited:
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD