DOA5LR Mila - Top 10 Moves

Lulu

LoL.... It must dissappeared into the latter pages.

I genuinely thought this one was the first.

Meh.... might aswell make the most of it. Will be back soon. ;)

Alcyone

This list isn't final, the reason behind this decision is because mila is extremely viable in my eyes due to mounts being heavily influenced throughout her entire moveset allowing her to deal 80-145 dmg both offensively and defensively. I'll edit the rest later.

Giannola

For me, her 6T is one of her best moves. Its a 7frame throw with the potential to do 113 dmg on NH. Thats over 1/3 health for punishing a -8 move on block. Its pretty dangerous imo. Only downside is it's not great if she has high ground. but on a flat ground, against a wall, or if she's on low ground its amazing.

Barrogh

Thanks for making this thread. For some reason previous one escaped me before, and this kind of information is exactly what I was looking for recently.

Lulu

See what happens when you don't sticky all the threads of the same type. :eek:

Please Don't Ban me !!! :(

Lulu

I doubt this will be my Final List but its a good first Draft.... so:

1. :7::K: - Do you even have to ask ? This move scared me in to Stagger Escaping
  2. :4::K: String - I use this thing in literally every combo... even when theres a wall.
  3. :6::6::F::h: Feint :P+K: - "HEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!
  4. :2::F:/:6::F: - Best Punish Throws Ever !!!
  5. :3::F: - I never get this move.. but I know I like it.
  6. :6::P: - i12 Stun Extender that grants enough advantage for a Critical Burst ? Very Rare.
  7. Ground Throws - Duh !!!
  8. :6::6::K: - Mila's only Back Turning attack..... plus its a good guard break.
  9. :3::P::P: - I like the way she bounces people off the floor with this thing.
  10. :3::H+K: - Fastest Low Crush.... and its safe. :)
This list feels awkward to me but those are my top 10. :)

Edit: :3::H+K: is not safe :(.... its okay... I still love it. Like a mother loves her ugly baby.

Last edited:

Giannola

I doubt this will be my Final List but its a good first Draft.... so:

1. :7::K: - Do you even have to ask ? This move scared me in to Stagger Escaping
  2. :4::K: String - I use this thing in literally every combo... even when theres a wall.
  3. :6::6::F::h: Feint :P+K: - "HEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!
  4. :2::F:/:6::F: - Best Punish Throws Ever !!!
  5. :3::F: - I never get this move.. but I know I like it.
  6. :6::P: - i12 Stun Extender that grants enough advantage for a Critical Burst ? Very Rare.
  7. Ground Throws - Duh !!!
  8. :6::6::K: - Mila's only Back Turning attack..... plus its a good guard break.
  9. :3::P::P: - I like the way she bounces people off the floor with this thing.
  10. :3::H+K: - Fastest Low Crush.... and its safe. :)
This list feels awkward to me but those are my top 10. :)

I love your list. One small thing: 3h+k (I still dont know how to make pretty notation like you) isn't safe, its -8 squatting, making it punishable by either a low throw or 6t. it's still pretty great because is alot faster than her 9p (which is safe on block)

Barrogh

Maybe I'm just bad, but this list looks more like "10 moves you shouldn't forget about" rather than "learn these 10 moves and you can claim that you started to learn the character".

On a side note, why forum's "pretty notation" uses "F" for throws?

Lulu

I love your list. One small thing: 3h+k (I still dont know how to make pretty notation like you) isn't safe, its -8 squatting, making it punishable by either a low throw or 6t. it's still pretty great because is alot faster than her 9p (which is safe on block)

Theres a list of codes sonewhere on The Forum that allow you to make the pretty Notations if you can't accedd the Smiley Icon in the editor....

And really ? That move is unsafe.... I should punish. I can't Mila get away with this !!! :eek:

On a side note, why forum's "pretty notation" uses "F" for throws?
LoL.... because its the only Blue Button and :H+P: can trip me up sometimes.

YBNDM

I'm not experienced enough w Mila to make a top ten, but 2H+K is a great move! It goes under highs allows for a presumably guarenteed 6T which has a lot of options in itself and causes knockdown on counter and hi counter which (sometimes) allows for a ground throw. 9P is good as well, it goes over lows and is pretty fast.

Lulu

I'm not experienced enough w Mila to make a top ten, but 2H+K is a great move! It goes under highs allows for a presumably guarenteed 6T which has a lot of options in itself and causes knockdown on counter and hi counter which (sometimes) allows for a ground throw. 9P is good as well, it goes over lows and is pretty fast.

I don't think thats the Right word.
6T isn't guaranteed.... I think whoever told you this meant to say the stun is Short Enough to follow up with a Forward Throw. "Guaranteed" is abit of a misnomer

YBNDM

I don't think thats the Right word.
6T isn't guaranteed.... I think whoever told you this meant to say the stun is Short Enough to follow up with a Forward Throw. "Guaranteed" is abit of a misnomer
I said presumably, i hadn't tested it myself. Nevertheless its good for setting up 6T

JusTheBest29

I gues I'll try to revise my list from the old thread here and contribute. Here's hee ten best moves imo in no particular order:
  1. :P: - Fastest high at 10 frames which leads into many strings such as :P::6::P:.
  2. :6::P: - Fastest mid at 12 frames and will be your main counter fishing tool.
  3. :7::P: - Probably her best move in the stun game. Causes a stun that the opponent cannot stagger escape and can force them to hold. Also tracks and can go into feint and tackle.
  4. :7::[K]: - Guarantees a critical burst if the opponent guesses wrong after the initial stun. Also guardbreaks for +10. On normal hit without charge, it can lead to a reset.
  5. :8::K: - Highest priority launchet leading to combo potential than other launchers. Also -5 being safe(pseudo safe for grapplers).
  6. :6::P+K: - Critical Burst and main whiff punishing tool.
  7. :6::F:/:2::F: - Main punish options for unsafe moves. :6::F: grants four guaranteed options to help start offense and :2::F: provides a free stun.
  8. :4::K: - Good mid range poke and goes into tackle/feint.
  9. :6::6::F: - Offensive hold that can be used out of many moves and can be a main source of damage on an unknowing opponent.
  10. :6::6::P: - Fast guardbreak and wallspkat that is +7 on block
Honorable mentoions are :4::H+K:(great long range poke safe from a distance.) and :9::P:( honestly better than :3::H+K: as it is safe, can lead to more damage, and can close gaps a little bit easier).

Kuga

U know what? After many matches as Mila,i came to realize that these 2 moves shouldn't be compared with each other. They both have range, they both allow follow ups and such, but still. Low crushing frames in 3F+K occur very early, and end in like midway through animation of move, so this move is better as a crush in close distance or aganist long range sweepes when done on reaction. Drawback is of course that it is punishable. Risk = reward. As oposite, 9P's crushing frames occur much later, in second half of move's animation so its better choice if used aganist oponent from distance if they like to use sweeps out of range when they see you moving towards them in hopes to crush you (too bad that some lows can CRUSH this move - they really should fix this). Also its safe and have better range. I sometimes use 9P up close when my oponent is in critical. as its good bait since many people do hold as soon as they see animation start - similar to her 7[K] so even if they react with MP hold at start of 9P - chance is high that their hold's frames will end giving us free combo + good option select situation. So imo both moves are different and both situational..

Giannola

U know what? After many matches as Mila,i came to realize that these 2 moves shouldn't be compared with each other. They both have range, they both allow follow ups and such, but still. Low crushing frames in 3F+K occur very early, and end in like midway through animation of move, so this move is better as a crush in close distance or aganist long range sweepes when done on reaction. Drawback is of course that it is punishable. Risk = reward. As oposite, 9P's crushing frames occur much later, in second half of move's animation so its better choice if used aganist oponent from distance if they like to use sweeps out of range when they see you moving towards them in hopes to crush you (too bad that some lows can CRUSH this move - they really should fix this). Also its safe and have better range. I sometimes use 9P up close when my oponent is in critical. as its good bait since many people do hold as soon as they see animation start - similar to her 7[K] so even if they react with MP hold at start of 9P - chance is high that their hold's frames will end giving us free combo + good option select situation. So imo both moves are different and both situational..
I haven't tried using 9p in critical Much that I can remember, I'll have to see what she can do off of it in that situation.
I mainly have been using it as a long range crush and just the guaranteed Mount followup, although I know even on nh she has a unholdable setup for 7k off of it, but even that is one situation I prefer to go for the guaranteed mount.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD