Modding Utilities & Apps Thread

immi

Can you please upload it in 7z with a simple a password?
Because, windows and web browser's anti-virus block and delete the file immediately because of virus warning.
I tried all kinds of route and it failed except for android phone.
uh, I'm really not a friend of working around stupid anti-virus software. That just avoids people doing some actual complaining about the software. Given the high probability of false alarms it should never be configured to immediately delete files. Imho it's even a good idea to just switch off this whole heuristic detection stuff. that shit never really works.
keep in mind, this is your computer - so take back control :p

Reactions: Vex
Is that an advice?
I've made a movie set mod including a modded stage, and it required that tool for swapping the stage.
And I've seen lots of common people were reporting antivirus problem under the common environment,
So I've suggested that with a common sense.
I don't think you are responsible for this situation but,.. I just wanted them to reach what they need more easily.
Does it make you feel being a better guy if you say so?
If it does.. hm..

Last edited:

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
another DLC ( and of course no new stage for us PC peasants )

lnk_reshuffle 5.4 (2016/07/19)

Download @zippyshare

changes:
- compatible with version 1.07
- (untested) fix crash for older versions (<1.04)

as usual, copy new dinput8.dll from doa++ folder into your game folder

Would lnk_reshuffle be drive dependent? Just curious as I of course still have the same issues as before but am wondering if because DOA5LR isn't on my C drive like my Steam program that it's crashing for that reason...

immi

Is that an advice?
I've made a movie set mod including a modded stage, and it required that tool for swapping the stage.
And I've seen lots of common people were reporting antivirus problem under the common environment,
So I've suggested that with a common sense.
I don't think you are responsible for this situation but,.. I just wanted them to reach what they need more easily.
Does it make you feel being a better guy if you say so?
If it does.. hm..
look, I don't really want to turn this into a huge discussion, especially since you are just reporting someone else's problem(side note: I don't recall seeing anybody posting about having issues with their anti-virus program).
For me the sensible solution would be that everybody simply tunes their anti-virus program accordingly, instead of having the need to provide special downloads. That would make things easier for them, since they don't need to rely on others to provide extra downloads and it would make things easier for me because less work. Call me selfish, but I value my convenience too ;)
That being said, everybody is free to disagree and free to upload/distribute the tool in whatever form it suits them.

Would lnk_reshuffle be drive dependent? Just curious as I of course still have the same issues as before but am wondering if because DOA5LR isn't on my C drive like my Steam program that it's crashing for that reason...
eh, i don't think so. at least I can't right now think of any possible reason why. lnk_reshuffle doesn't care about steam. But I only have one windows drive, so it's not like I ever tested this.

can you check that after the performing the swap, there is actually a new subfolder "mods" in your DOA5LR directory and the swapped file is inside it?
if you open the mod.config file in your DOA5 directory, is the file path written in there correct?
That infinite loading that you get means either DOA5 can't find the file it is trying to load, or the file has been incorrectly modified. Since you didn't even modify the file, that only leaves the former option. But I admit I am rather clueless as to why that happens.

Last edited:

immi

how do they say: "release early, fix often .." ;)
so let's try this, it does seem to work in my limited testing

lnk_reshuffle 5.6 (2016/09/14)

Download @zippyshare

//edit:
bugfix #1: replace doa5.py with this: http://www24.zippyshare.com/v/mZ8GiV9T/file.html

changes:
- compatible with version 1.08
- added support for new character (MAI)
- added decrypted names for animation files (.tdpack) (based upon some educated guesses and the list posted by syasuker a while ago)
- don't trash the mod.config when running into a bug in lnk_reshuffle
- allow to add new asset files, without reusing existing files (EXPERIMENTAL)
- some code shuffling which hopefully makes adding support for new versions easier

notes:
  • as usual, copy new dinput8.dll from doa++ folder into your game folder
  • launch LRS once to update the mod.config file
  • i haven't following the developments with regard to modding animations. I can't open/verify these files - so the names might be wrong. Let me know if that's the case.
    Can we create new animations yet? Time to add the ability to add new animations? custom intros for every tag combo? :p
  • adding new assets is sort of hidden away by default, since it hasn't received much testing:
    to use it, do an import as before, then in the import dialog click the undescriptive 'S' button in the bottom,right corner to switch between "adding" and "reusing".
  • some file names for Mai are still missing, there also seem to be some unused(?) costume/detail files in the patch_25 file
  • reverting in Hairstyle and Detail list is still broken. That's some nightmarish piece of code, not sure what the author was thinking there ...

bug reports until friday, afterwards it will be declared bug free ;)

immi , Is there update for 1.08? <3
you are right on time ;)

Last edited:

Vex

autolink places costumes as "details" but those details are NOT randomed when select random costume. Is it solutable?

Last edited:

Squizzo

Thanks, I'm just a bit anxious because the new update has completely broken my game. It seems like it has set my game to the free to play version.

The Enforcer

Thanks, I'm just a bit anxious because the new update has completely broken my game. It seems like it has set my game to the free to play version.

Yeah, the bane of service oriented features. As long as it's not Capcom levels of rootkitting to thwart mods, lol. Will have to wait and see what they're doing.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD