Momiji Combo Thread

Saber

Agreed. Have you tried using :3::K::P::8::K::P: in a juggle/launch combo? It's incredibly strong, or so it has been for me.
I've messed around with it, but not strong enough to be a regular combo ender for her. Momiji actually has immense juggle capabilities with a huge variety of relaunchers and combo enders, and they all look cool too, but her damage is really quite low in comparison with other characters.

Thankfully, it isn't as low as Kasumi and Pai's, and she has a very easy to use moveset. She's a low risk, good reward character.
:236::P+K::P::P::6842::F: To those having trouble with this move try to continue the rotation from the qcf P+K just continue rotating while you do the two punches and hit throw when you see the prompt.

I hope that makes sense I can't think of a good way to explain it.
It's what I try to do, but it's too dang hard. :/ The directional inputs are alright, it's hitting the throw button when I see "Combo Throw" which is when I miss. Sometimes I may input PP too late as well, so it's not worth the inconsistency.

Edit:

Better damage off of her DJ throw:

:h::+::K::5::6::P::K::5::3::P::4::P::P: 65 dmg, works up to Midweights

Last edited:

d3v

In what setups/combos does :2::H+K: work as a Force Tech? From my own testing, you can still tech roll and wake up kick out of it.

Saber

In what setups/combos does :2::H+K: work as a Force Tech? From my own testing, you can still tech roll and wake up kick out of it.
You can do it off of 6PKP/6KP or Tenku P. They can still tech roll though (and you'd be left at disadvantage unlike her other psuedos), but it does register as a tech if they decide to stay on the ground.

---

I was practicing holding with Momiji, and strangely, she has an advanced mid-punch hold that does (IIRC) 3 points less damage then her regular hold, but has untechable frames, which you can follow up with a PFT or a down attack. You'll notice the difference from her regular mid-punch hold (which she says "there we go, and the camera angle zooms to her. Her advanced mid-punch hold will have her say nothing and the camera doesn't change, and the animation is different too).

SilverForte

Lol wat, that's really strange, can you make a vid of it or something? I know she has some other unlisted moves, maybe someone could make a vid of them.

HaJiN

Combos using :4: :4: :P: :5: :9: :P: :K: were posted earler, but it works really well after her air throw, and does the most damage I can find.

- :9: :P: :5: :P: :+: :K: :T:, :4: :4: :P: :5: :9: :P: :K:, :3: :P: :4: :P: :P:

Drake Aldan

(Was this mentioned? Codemaster posted the same thing on page 1, but that was all guaranteed on back hit...)

:4::4::K:, BT :P:, :3::P:, :P+K: (CB!)

The stun from BT :P: is unholdable and unstaggerable. But, the opponent gets hold chances after BT :P: and :3::P:.

You do have enough time to turn around and Hi-C throw after :4::4::K:, but just :6::H+P:, no :426::H+P: (well, depending on how fast the critical hold is).

---

Some more ways to Critical Burst (like she needs it, mirite...)

Everything tested on "Fast" stagger escape

:214::P::P+K:, BT :4::P:, :P+K: (58) (Invalid w/ Fastest Critical Hold)
:K::P:, :6::K:, :P+K: (55)
:K::P:, :P+K:, :P+K: (57)
:K::K:, :P::P:, :P+K: (57) (use :P::P::P: for +6 damage)
:K::K:, :3::P:, :P+K: (54) (Invalid w/ Fastest Critical Hold)
:3::K::P::8::P::P:, :P+K:(55)
:3::K::P::8::K:, Tenku :K: (52)
Deep stun, :6::H+K:, :3::P:, :P+K: (+32) (stun must be +28 or more)
Stun, :1::P::P:, :P+K: (+31) (Invalid w/ Fastest Critical Hold)
Stun, :K::P:, :P+K: (+33)
Stun, :6::P::P:, :P+K: (+36) (Invalid w/ Fastest Critical Hold)

---

And the 3-guess "Choose Your Own Combo":

Stun, then

:P::P: or :3::P: or :4::K:

then,

:P::P: or :3::P: or :6::K: (careful not to use :3::P: twice unless you're going for the launch; might want to use :4::P:, :3::P: instead)

then :P+K: and you're all set.

Last edited:

Saber

Oh, BTW, Momiji's mid kick hold is beastly with the following combo giving off the maximum possible damage. Momiji switches sides during the hold, but notations given below are just reference for the actual moves. Just invert your arrows when you pull off the combo.

:6::h::5::K::P::5::6::P:(very small delay):K::5::6::P::K::K::~::P: 88 damage, everything guaranteed.
:6::h::5::P::P: +28 stun
:6::h::5::K::P::5::H+K: +16 stun reset

Guaranteed on ALL weights (yes, even heavyweights). You have to delay the K of 6PK by a small beat, otherwise the juggle will whiff. On Alpha, add 8P before 6PKK~P for an extra 5 points of damage.

However, like any BT reset, characters with BT parries counter this. It doesn't work on Leifang or Bayman if they do their parry, so use a throw.

:6::h::5::6::6::T:: 82 damage
:6::h::5::426::T: 93 damage

Last edited:

Codemaster92163

Sadly, anything that uses a high in most BT combos is not guaranteed. Set the computer to crouching guard on reaction, you'll see what I mean. While they don't have the frames to turn around and block, they have the frames to duck right under the high. That means it's better in most circumstances to just stick with a mid.

Yaguar

Snip
:6::h::5::K::P::5::6::P:(very small delay):K::5::6::P::K::K::~::P: 88 damage,

Had a good look at this last night (because I had no energy to actually play).
So this works from :6::h: but not :9::K: reasons? I shall explain!
It's a fairly simple if.
if :K: first hit and behind, this works. Obviously they can duck the kick because :6::h: is only +10 but sssh, lots don't.

For the alternative opening with :9::K: (which causes the opponent to BT) the second :6::P::K: won't connect, possibly due to something with stun thresholds. So you use:
:9::K: :K::P: :6::P::K::K::P: - Not on console atm but pretty such this is 100% vs. Max Stagger but I could just be lying so I'll look tonight.

So the rule here is if you catch someone from behind first hit with :K: and nothing was used to put them there (AKA they are like that in neutral) you can follow through with the long combo else just take the short version with no refloat.
For code people:

if( _hitBefore )
{
:K::P: :6::P::K::K::P:
}
else
{
:K::P: :6::P::K: :6::P::K::K::P:
}

Thanks to Saber for doing the main leg work on finding this.

Saber

Oh, and btw:

:9::K::5::6::6::P::P: should be guaranteed with Fastest SE in open stance, IIRC. This grants the same launch height as a Hi-CH/CB 236P would.

There're also more moves that keep the opponent BT:
P+K (limbo stun)
3P4PP - the only time you use this is if your back is against the wall, then you manage to mid kick hold. Now you're opponent's back will be against the wall, and use 3P4PP to wall splat. Follow up with a wall juggle.

Extras:
6P+K relaunches, IIRC the same height as 8P, but it pushes the opponent back, so only use against wall for stylish combo.
214PP+K ground bounces if used during a juggle, and as such, Momiji has a PFT that only works on Alpha:
(launch) :214::P::P::+::K::5:(BT):2::K:
Should put Momiji at +4, I think. I forgot all of the details because my PS3 was confiscated by my mom as she thinks my grades were slipping from playing games so often (it hasn't).

Last edited:

coffeedad

I <3 Jesus...and coffee.
Premium Donor
Hello all,
I need some ideas about how to improve the damage on my tag, yes I said tag combos. I use :hayabusa: as her tag partner (of course). Here's what I have going so far...

Works on Mids
:momiji::3::K::P::8::P::P:,:P:,:P+K:(critical burst) :2::3::6::P:,:8::P:,:3::P::4::P:,:6::P::K::K: (tag)

:hayabusa::8::P::8::P: (tag)
:momiji::6::P::K::K: (tag)
:hayabusa::8::P::426::F+P:

Works out to 167 damage I believe. I am only really concerned about tips on improving the combo after the launcher. There are a ton of more damaging ways to get to critical burst or to get the the :2::3::6::P: launcher. I just used that starter for reference.

I'm also open to any ideas or suggestions about playing tag in general.

Tag da bess! Thanks!

Last edited:

Yaguar

She has a vs. Back launcher you can use after CB that is (as I recall) more damage and actually launches a bit higher than :236:::P:

CB -> FreeStep -> :6::H+K: (vs. Opponent Back)

Also may be worth trying :4::4::P: :8: :P::K: as a relauncher somewhere for her...
It doesn't give as big as refloat as her other stuff but the tag swap might help with it. Not 100%. It will make you look way cooler though.

Darth Lotonic X

"No Timing" Power Launcher combos from my guide.

For information about the format of these combos go here

Unless specified otherwise, assume the next input after a stance transition is in that stance.

No Wall:
Alpha: (:P:) :7::K:, :6::6::K:, :6::P::K::K:, :P: (115)
Light: (:P:) :7::K:, :6::6::P::P:, :3::P::4::P::P: (109)
^Gives Wall Splat
Light: (:P:) :7::K:, :8::P:, :6::P::K::K:, :P: (109)
Middle/Heavy: (:P:) :7::K:, :3::P::4::P:, :3::P::4::P::P: (104)

Wall: Required
Alpha: (:4::h:) :3::K::P::8:, :P::P:, :3::P::4::P::P: (101)
Light: (:H+P:) :P::P::6::P:, :6::P+K:, :3::P::4::P::P: (99)
Middle/Heavy: (:P:) :8::K:, :3::P::4::P:, :3::P::4::P::P: (96)

Last edited:

Yaguar

No Wall:
Alpha: (:P:) :7::K:, :6::6::K:, :6::P::K::K:, :P: (115)

Not had my PS3 setup but was wondering about this. Could the :P: end from Tenku be changed for :K: or does it whiff? Just thinking if you push them towards a wall, splat finisher. Near wall rather than no wall option switch up, if it connects.

RoboJoe

Momiji newbie here. I need to know what her max damage stuff is. I pretty much exclusively stun -> launch and the combo I use is 8p, 6pkkp. I'd like to know if that's the max damage combo for little to no threshold. Also, does her max damage combo change further into the stun threshold?

Saber

Momiji newbie here. I need to know what her max damage stuff is. I pretty much exclusively stun -> launch and the combo I use is 8p, 6pkkp. I'd like to know if that's the max damage combo for little to no threshold. Also, does her max damage combo change further into the stun threshold?
It changes, but only the relauncher, in most cases. Here's a list of all her optimum/max damage juggles.

You can use 8K, 8P, Uzukaze PK, 236P and 33P would give you the same approximate launch height (but there are obviously differences).

Launcher > Re-launcher > String/Combo ender

8P/8K > 8P > 6PKK~P (lights and mids, CL1)
8P/8K > 6PKK~P (heavies, CL1)

8P/8K > 44P > 6PKK~P (lights, CL2)
236P > 44P > 6PKK~P (lights, CL2)
8P/8K > 8P > 6PKK~P (mids, CL2)
8P/8K > 6PKK~P (heavies, CL2)

Once you reach CL3, go straight into 236P or 33P since they're your best launchers

236P > 66K > 6PKK~P (lights, CL3)
236P > 44P > 6PKK~P (mids, CL3)
33P > 66K > 6PKK~P (mids, CL3)
236P > 8P > 6PKK~P (heavies, CL3)
236P > 6PK > 3P4PP (heavies, CL3) - wall splat

After CB:
All of the above CL3 juggles
Izuna Throw (only if landed on NH on mids and heavies)
Freestep up or down to opponent's back > 6H+K > H+K > 6PKK~P (most damaging non-PL and non-throw juggle - lights and mids)

Near wall (CL3):
236P > 6PK > 6PKK~K (lights and mids)
236P > 3P4P > 6PKK~K (lights and mids)
236P > 8P > 6PKK~K (heavies)

After wall-splat:
6P+K > 6PKK~K (lights and mids)
8P > 6PKK~K (heavies)

Tenku Throw:
H+K > 6PK > 3P4PP (gives wall splat - lights and mids)
3P4P > 6PKK~P (lights and mids)
44P > 6PKK~P (heavies)

ANY string with 6PKK~P can be changed to 6PKK~K for a wall splat.

Last edited:
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD