Momiji Combo Thread

RoboJoe

Thanks, this is exactly the kind of thing I was looking for. This is how the character forums should look like. Useful info concentrated into one relevant place, without drowning in a sea of extraneous comments. The character forums really need their own mini-mods and a good old fashioned pruning.

Yaguar

Got some new tech together I'll throw into a setups video soon. Just wanting Saber to check over it first as I trust his opinion and talk to him a lot.

Lots of none staggerable setups, quite a few are CH but would work outside if you landed something like :8::P: on NH.
(Just tested this quickly to confirm).

Last edited:

just_me

Standard Donor
:...since I've toyed around with it, have some

Environment Combo stuff -after knocking someone into a dangerzone
(results are mediocre though and there is hardly anything surprising...)

Format is
{stage name}
{weird Dangerzone name I made up}
{combo} {weightclass*}
* - abbreviated with the classes first letter (per word) using the class names Mr. Wah provided. Only the max. weight a given combo works on is listed, it is implied that the combos work on lower weight classes as well (however I'm not saying the timing is the same)

The Show
Trampoline
:6::P::K:, :6::P::K::K:~TK :P: F
:6::6::K:, :6::P::K::K:~TK :P: H
:6::6::K:, :6::P::K::P: SH

Tiger Show
Tiger (jumping out of the ring)
:6::P::K:, :6::P::K::K:~TK :P: F
:8::P:, :6::P::K::K:~TK :P: SH

Hot Zone
RPG!
:6::6::K:, :6::P::K:, :3::P::4::P::P: F
:6::6::K:, :6::P::K::K:~TK :K: H
:6::P::K::K:~TK :P: SH

Helicopter(PB Dangerzone)
( :6::6_: ~ ) :6::6::K:, :6::P::K:, :3::P::4::P::P: F
( :6::6_: ~ ) :6::6::K:, :6::P::K::K:~TK :K: H
( :6::6_: ~ ) :6::P::K::K:~TK :P: H

Tank
:6::6::K:, :6::P::K:, :6::P::K::P:/ :3::P::4::P::P: F
:6::6::K:, :6::P::K::K:~TK :P: SH

"The X" on that steel(?) door
:6::P::K::K:~TK :P: H
:6::P::K::K:~TK :K: SH
Note: just start pressing buttons early enough... consistently got wall splat for super heavys, and consistently missed the wall for the rest of the cast

Scramble
Generator (upper)
:6::6::K:, :6::P::K:, :6::P::K:, :3::P::4::P::P: F
:6::6::K:, :6::P::K:, :3::P::4::P::P:/ :6::P::K::P: F
:6::6::K:, :6::P::K::K:~TK :K:, :3::P::4::P::P: H
Tried to utilise the extra stuns you can get from falling objects. Went with the rebounce and not the stagger (since I don't think I could find anything guaranteed... :6: :H+K: is an option) Take these with a large grain of salt... you'd think that the positioning and timing of events is always the same after activating the Dangerzone... doesn't seem to be the case. I have no clue what alters the timing and position though

Trash Can (after wall splat)T! = Trash can hit
:6::P::K::K: T! :6::P+K:, :3::P::4::P::P: M, C(closed)
:6::P::K::K: T! :8::P:, :3::P::4::P::P: SH
relaunching with a trash can... I like those :p

Girder (the other Dangerzone that causes the stage to change)
:6::6::K:, :6::6::K:, :8::P:, :6::P::K::K:~TK :K: F
:6::6::K:, :H+K:, :6::P::K:, :3::P::4::P::P: H
:6::6::K:, :8::P:, :8::P:, :8::P:, :3::P::4::P::P: SH Note: not sure if timing free...
these are supposed to cause the cliffhanger afterwards… obviously. Was fairly consistent for wall hits up to 27 Recovery Frames (that's pretty much anything besides :P+K:)

Flying Car(PB Dangerzone)
(run) :6::6:/running :K:, :6::P::K:, :3::P::4::P::P: F
(run) :6: :6:/running :K:, :6::P::K::K:~TK :K: H
(run) :8::P:, :6::P::K::K:~TK :K: SH

Explosive Car
( :6::6_: ~ ) :6::P::K::K:~TK:P: SH
Note: OMG... the timing is kinda hard imo...

Depth
falling Debris(PB Dangerzone)
:6::6::K:, :6::P::K:, :3::P::4::P::P: W
:6::6::K:, :6::P::K::K:~TK :K: SH

Sanctuary
Boulder(PB Dangerzone)
(run) :6::6::K:, :6::P::K:, :3::P::4::P::P: F
(run) :6::6::K:, :6::P::K::K:~TK :P: SH Note: TK :K: works as well, I missed the wall most of the time though...

Haunted Lorelei
falling Pumpkin(after knocking someone in those lanterns)
:6::P+K:, :6::P::K: P! :6::P+K:, :3::P::4::P::P: L,W(open)
:6::P+K:, :6::P::K: P! :3::P: :4::P::P: H
couldn't find anything that worked on Super Heavys

Guess that covers most of the Dangerzones... feel free to post some better follow ups^^

Last edited:

Saber

Scramble
Generator
:6::6::K:, :6::P::K:, :6::P::K:, :3::P::4::P::P: F
:6::6::K:, :6::P::K:, :3::P::4::P::P:/ :6::P::K::P: F
:6::6::K:, :6::P::K::K:~TK :K:, :3::P::P: H
Tried to utilise the extra stuns you can get from falling objects. Went with the rebounce and not the stagger (since I don't think I could find anything guaranteed... :6: :H+K: is an option) Take these with a large grain of salt... you'd think that the positioning and timing of events is always the same after activating the Dangerzone... doesn't seem to be the case. I have no clue what alters the timing and position though
Also to note that it only works on the second generator. And the timing is easy to get down if you buffer 66K. The position is altered by freestepping. This video should explain and show it.

Steel beams (the other Dangerzone that causes the stage to change)
:6::6::K:, :6::6::K:, :8::P:, :6::P::K::K:~TK :K: F
:6::6::K:, :4::4::P:, :8::P:, :8::P:, :3::P::4::P::P: H
I have a more damaging and viable combo which also guarantees a cliffhanger. Works up to midweights too.
:6::6::K::5::h::+::K::5::6::P::K::5::3::P::4::P::P:

Explosive Car
( :6::6_: ~ ) :6::P::K::K:~TK:P: SH
Note: OMG... the timing is kinda hard imo...
You have to buffer it, but because of 5U's decreased leniency on the buffer, it's just frickin hard to actually do.

Other than that, nice work. ;)

Last edited:

just_me

Standard Donor
Also to note that it only works on the second generator. And the timing is easy to get down if you buffer 66K. The position is altered by freestepping. This video should explain and show it.

Yeah... I sometimes had the issue that all hits connected, but I completely missed the falling pillar... must have been a poorly timed :6: :6: :K:. It looked like the stuff connected earlier though and the events happened later. E.g. looked like Momiji TK :P:s the opponent way earlier into the ground than usual.

I have a more damaging and viable combo which also guarantees a cliffhanger. Works up to midweights too.
:6::6::K::5::h::+::K::5::6::6::P::K::5::3::P::4::P::P:

oh my :H+K: as second hit... why didn't I try that :p Nice! thx^^

You have to buffer it, but because of 5U's decreased leniency on the buffer, it's just frickin hard to actually do.

Better camera work might help a lot... if you could actually see the character as soon as you can start pressing buttons again...

Yaguar

Some stuff I know I've spoken to Sabre about but isn't listed:
Bounds stun:
Follow up:
:6::P::K::K::P: (:K:
Vs. Walls)

Setups:
None Staggerable:
CH :6::P::P: :6::H+K: - 57 Damage
CH :6::P::P: :214::P::P+K: :h: - 71 Damage
CH :3::P: :6::P+K: :3::P: :6::H+K: - 53 Damage
CH :H+K: :6::P::P: :6::H+K: - 81 Damage

Fastest Stagger ONLY:
CH :3::P: :214::P::P+K: :4::P: - 59 Damage

Feint Stun:
Follow up:
Light/Mid: :8::K::8::P::6::P::K::K::P: (:K:
Vs. Walls)
Heavy: :8::K::6::P::K::K::P: (:K: Vs. Walls)

Setups:
:4::4::K: (BT) :P:

Also works with pre stun e.g. CH :3::P:

Last edited:

Yaguar

And a little explanation to the above.
Momiji gets bounds stuns at certain thresholds depending on the skill.

:6::H+K: bounds at Lv.2 (20+ into threshold)
:214::P: and :P+K: follow up both bound at Lv.3
BT :4::P: bounds at Lv.3

Additional stuff:
:214::P: guarantee's :P+K: follow up (OH SHIT SON!).
:4::P: post :214::P::P+K: is staggerable (but insanely hard). If they don't get out, it's not counterable. It is also safe on block (-3). It's :P: follow up is -7 but launches on NH.

Feint stuns from BT :P: apply at ALL levels (NH, CH, mid combo etc).

Last edited:

AlphaGuard

I'm new to freestepdodge but, here are two momiji combos i have done. 6H+K-P+K-6PK-8K-PPKKP, 100DMG. and 6P+K-6PP-8K-PPKKP, 90 DMG. light to mid weight.

Last edited:

Saber

I'm new to freestepdodge but, here are two momiji combos i have done. 6H+K-P+K-6PK-8K-PPKKP, 100DMG. and 6P+K-6PP-8K-PPKKP, 90 DMG. light to mid weight.
Welcome to FSD, first of all.

Nice combo you posted, but unfortunately, it's not viable in a real match. 6H+K is only +15, so P+K isn't guaranteed, and it's unsafe on block.

PPKKP is also a string we don't use for juggles because refloats into 6PKK~P are more damaging.

6H+K > 6PP/K is a good 50/50 to rely on though, because the opponent is immediately forced to guess what's next, and better yet, 6H+K > 6PP is a double-guess setup.

AlphaGuard

Welcome to FSD, first of all.

Nice combo you posted, but unfortunately, it's not viable in a real match. 6H+K is only +15, so P+K isn't guaranteed, and it's unsafe on block.

PPKKP is also a string we don't use for juggles because refloats into 6PKK~P are more damaging.

6H+K > 6PP/K is a good 50/50 to rely on though, because the opponent is immediately forced to guess what's next, and better yet, 6H+K > 6PP is a double-guess setup.

alright fair enough i'm new at posting combos. I guess i need to learn whats viable not whats most damaging. so if i changed it to 6H+K-6PP-8K-6PKK~P would that be more viable?

Last edited:

Xernuht

alright fair enough i'm new at posting combos. I guess i need to learn whats viable not whats most damaging. so if i changed it to 6H+K-6PP-8K-6PKK~P would that be more viable?

Yes, much so. Although you could probably sneak in an 8P for extra damage.

That makes it :6::H+K: ~ :6::P::P: ~ :8::K: ~ :8::P: ~ :6::P::K::K::P:

Mind you, it's still a double-guess set-up, but it's better optimized.

AlphaGuard

Yes, much so. Although you could probably sneak in an 8P for extra damage.

That makes it :6::H+K: ~ :6::P::P: ~ :8::K: ~ :8::P: ~ :6::P::K::K::P:

Mind you, it's still a double-guess set-up, but it's better optimized.
i'm not entirely sure what a double guess step is could you elaborate?

Xernuht

Mhm, or instead of ending with that, you might be able to get a :6::P::P: in there, for the people in the Medium Category, like Hayate.

Actually, I was trying it out, and I can't land the :1::P::K:, even on a non-teching AI. Maybe I'm just screwing up my inputs.

That said, using :4::4::P::8::P::K: opens up opportunities for multiple different enders based on position. :P::P::P::P: and :3::P::4::P::P: for wall/environment hazards, :6::P::K::P: for floor options.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD