Momiji General Discussion

synce

Let's talk about everyone's favorite ninja miko!

What's known so far:
- She uses aikijujutsu (similar to VF's Aoi and Tekken's Asuka) but with a ninjutsu twist
- Has 'double jump' transition that allows throw/strike/PB mixup from mid-air
- Her voice is probably what an angel's would sound like

Some potential costumes

2y2efKx.jpg

First gameplay:

First screenshots: CLICK HERE

Awesmic

Standard Donor
Let's talk about everyone's favorite ninja miko!

What's known so far:
- She uses aikijujutsu (similar to VF's Aoi and Tekken's Asuka) but with a ninjutsu twist
I'm surprised she isn't in lesbian relations with a rich girl like Leifang or Helena by now...

- Has 'double jump' transition that allows throw/strike/PB mixup from mid-air
Now THAT's character individuality.

- Her voice is probably what an angel's would sound like
An angel of death, anyway...

previewcd7c6ce11a4248d70464ee35d9a28bfc.jpg
[/quote][/quote]

SilverForte

I'm glad to see this thread finally open. I am really looking forward to momiji, not just because she is my 2nd favorite doa/Ng char, but she uses Aikido, which is probably my favorite fighting game style.

I am hoping she recieves a parry stance, similar to Aoi, something that will give her guaranteed attacks afterwards, aikido is very defensive so I'm pretty sure she will be grappler/hold based.

She has two more costume choices than the two you listed btw, her dynasty warriors outfit from sigma 2, and her White ninja outfit from Dragon Sword.

synce

Yes I'm also super excited to see aikido in DOA :) As you said it's very defensive style, so it's a little odd TN didn't show that off in the trailer. But it is a trailer so maybe they were just going for flash.

Another thing to note is the double jump because all hits that land on mid-air opponent are Hi-Counter, so I think Momiji could be a high-risk high-reward type character.

Kodachi

Standard Donor
I'm so glad they put her in the game, I've been begging them on twitter for a year, making cross over fan art and even signed petitions lmao XD I'm very happy with how they incorporated her uniqueness from NG into DOA.
I'm going to enjoy flinging people into the air with this throw LOL
tumblr_mmnuodAmjG1sq2xoeo1_250.gif

Her "Ascetic White" costume from NG will be my main costume for her if it makes it in. ^_^

Ghosty-J

I'm so glad they put her in the game, I've been begging them on twitter for a year, making cross over fan art and even signed petitions lmao I'm definitely going to be using her after all that work XD I'm very happy with how they incorporated her uniqueness from NG into DOA.
I'm going to enjoy flinging people into the air with this throw LOL
tumblr_mmnuodAmjG1sq2xoeo1_250.gif

Her "Ascetic White" costume from NG will be my main costume for her if it makes it in. ^_^
That flip is freaking hilarious. Best part of the trailer I reckon :U

Jaguar360

SO pumped. Double jump, awesome launching throw, Shoho Izuna Falcon. So much hype! I don't think I'll be getting off the Pokemon hype train any time soon though, so I'll have to board the next train or teleport between trains haha.

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
Well, it looks like I'll have 3 characters definitely now to take offline!

this looks like the only NINJA i will be maining, hope she turns out to be more throw based, need a better grappler ninja than what try to call hayabusa. oh and cant wait to play her in a bikini XP

Ghosty-J

I know!! Wonder if they will tone down the flips, to make it look a little less comical.
Aside from being a badace mofo, that flip adds more reason for me to bump her up to sub status next to Jann Lee (nothing shall dethrone Akira) XD

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD