DOA5LR Momiji Options Guide

YBNDM

(Incomplete, if you would like to help, please PM me.)
(Thanks to @Kuga for some tips)
Introduction to Momiji:
So you got your eyes on Momiji, eh? This is a fairly beginner guide to get you started on the character. For a more in-depth but outdated video go here and for a more advanced guide go here. You can find the DOA terminology here.

Last edited:

Kuga

About pokes at close range:
6H+K? But that move is so slow to be a poke. It's much more reliable as a mindgame in stun game since it gives guaranteed 3P on hit.
4K, 3K, and 44K are on the other hand mid range pokes that allow Momiji to control space. also 44K is one of her best whiff punishers.

H+K is a move worth giving it some credits - its not only i12 SSkiller but also magnificent 'keep out' move aganist rushing oponents due to its priority and range.

9P isn't moderately effective imo. It is a great spacing tool - it has small recovery. Momiji by default is feeling best when she's in mid range and this move allows her to quickly transfer from close to mid. Try doing things like P(on block), 7P or 2P,7P or 6P,7P and see how effective can it be when you mix it up with other stuff. It's also really good bait into H+K for example.

Oh and don't forget about 7K as a low crush, and keep out move - it's much more risky than it was before (earlier it had -14 on block with pushback - i12 low crushing sommersault class mid kick that was barely punishable - pure win) but still good move,

About juggles it's worth noticing that she have very easy follow up from enviromental stuff (tigers, explosions etc) with 66K,6PK... .

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD