DOA5U Momiji - Top 10 Moves

So what is a good set up for momiji izuna i've been playing around with it so far but im thinking if i were to use it in a match what would i want to do? So far i keep it pretty basic to 6p 6k basic juggles.

Kuga

The only use of izuna i can think of is after CB or in enviromental combos. But even there i would go for a juggle instead of it actualy.

Well yeah i don't use her izuna alot. I prefer real baic juggle using my 9p launcher or even 6k for max damg if i were better at fighting game inputs id be able to tell you my combos lol. Most of my combos do from a range of 83 damg to abut 90.

Lulu

I thought that was common Day 1 knowledge. :p

I literally found 2 hours ago :oops: .
And its not like This Character is a mystery to me, I trained with her for a month.... lol, that explains some of the guaranteed damage I've been getting from Tenku sometimes.... I had no idea I was Critical Bursting them all this time.

Lulu

So we all know that Tenku Stance is weak to Side Stepping right........ so what happens if you charge Tenku :[p+k]: (doesn't necessarily need to be active) against Free Steppers and Side Steppers ?

Will it track until its released ?

mdiaz935

So we all know that Tenku Stance is weak to Side Stepping right........ so what happens if you charge Tenku :[p+k]: (doesn't necessarily need to be active) against Free Steppers and Side Steppers ?

Will it track until its released ?
I believe the charged version does track. I've been caught with it a few times, but I'm gonna need to check again. I just picked up Momiji myself, and I'm having a lot of fun.

Lulu

I believe the charged version does track. I've been caught with it a few times, but I'm gonna need to check again. I just picked up Momiji myself, and I'm having a lot of fun.

I've also been caught by Phase 4's :9::P: Tenfu :K: Mid Free Step Dodging once..... its funny seeing her twist in mid air like that.

NightAntilli

I don't think that's really due to it tracking in the sense of behaving like a circular, but rather because of your opponent pressing the sidestep too early, making them get caught by it anyway.

Corza

Standard Donor
Nope, Tenku P+K doesn't track. You will fly in the direction she's facing and you'll just set yourself up for some limbo stun shenanigans. Start mashing BT H+K immediately if it happens, maybe that move will be useful for once.

Lulu

Does anybody have any tips for getting :236::P+K::P::P::8::2::F: to work consistently ?

Believe it or not the part that I'm struggling with isn't the throw...... its literally the very beginning of the move. For some reason pressing :236::P+K::P: like I would any other string cause the 2nd Part to not register at all....... I don't get it.... why doesn't the damn thing respond the same way as Hayabusa's :236::P+K::P: ?

Hmmmmm...... it might have something to do with Momiji's one having a secondary function as a Powel Launcher...... but that doesn't make sense either because Rachel has an identical move except hers responds perfectly fine. :confused:

God Damnit Team Ninja.... why do you do these things to me ? :(

mdiaz935

The input window is a lot tighter, yeah. You have to hit P as soon as the 236P connects. Not before, not after. That's how I usually get it consistently.

Lulu

The input window is a lot tighter, yeah. You have to hit P as soon as the 236P connects. Not before, not after. That's how I usually get it consistently.

Damn..... its just like Kagemaru's move.

Oh well.... perhaps I should just fall inlove with her :3::3::P:.... :(

KING JAIMY

Input it as :236::P+K::P::P::P::8::2::F: and you should be fine.

Pressing P three times instead of two should get you two punches. For some odd reason, I have the same problem. I only get one follow-up punch after 236P+K when I press P two times. Don't mash P too often though, as you need time to do the throw part as well. This is why I recommend inputting three follow-up punches and not more than three.

Lulu

So I noticed something odd about Tenku :F:.

I love this move and I go for it atleast once every round. But I don't always set it up.... sometines I go for it Raw (:9::P::P+K: Tenku :F:)... all the way from Down Town. And I noticed that even though Its possible to fly clean over all types of Strikes.... the throw simply just won't connect at all. This is something I find very weird because Alpha can crush Strikes with her Burst in the middle of the opponents string.... so long as her Hurtbox doesn't get hit.

I've seen a similar thing with Helena's Bokuho :F:.

So.... any advice ? I like this throw and really want it to work for me.

NightAntilli

Throws only connect during recovery frames of striking attacks, not the start-up nor the active frames. It's likely a timing issue.

Last edited:

Lulu

Start Up Frames huh...... that would explain why Sarah can't be thrown out of her :4::H+K:..... it has no active frames.

Hmmmm.... makes for an interesting Gameplan.

KING JAIMY

So I noticed something odd about Tenku :F:.

I love this move and I go for it atleast once every round. But I don't always set it up.... sometines I go for it Raw (:9::P::P+K: Tenku :F:)... all the way from Down Town. And I noticed that even though Its possible to fly clean over all types of Strikes.... the throw simply just won't connect at all. This is something I find very weird because Alpha can crush Strikes with her Burst in the middle of the opponents string.... so long as her Hurtbox doesn't get hit.

I've seen a similar thing with Helena's Bokuho :F:.

So.... any advice ? I like this throw and really want it to work for me.
I like using :P::P::8::P+K::F: when I've got my opponent stunned. It works against both slow escapers and non-slow escapers and can be surprisingly hard to react to for the opponent if he/she doesn't see the throw coming.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD