Momiji Video Thread

DoANoob

Pretty decent sets, I think you fought the best against Rig here. A suggestion I'd make is to work on throw punishment and reaction times when on the defense because you let your cousin get away with shenanigans and frame abuse too much. He tosses out a lot of unsafe or negative on block things then mashes right after (also be careful striking after things like 66K or 6PP since they are fairly negative on block). Feel free to toss out 2P or PP liberally with Momiji since those are amazing pokes for her. I also would suggest just going for stun-launches as opposed to playing the stun game since the stun game doesn't pay off that much compared to stun launches for Momiji (i.e. 1-hit to initiate the stun then just launch right after). By and large I'd say your Momiji is coming along nicely and the most stand out thing to me was allowing your opponent to abuse bullshit against you.
Thanks for the feedback. Yea I've been noticing that myself whenever we fight. He does pull off the same shenanigan moves and I know he will use them, but I don't respond to them. And I think this is where the whole "Yomi?" thing comes into play as well. When I'm prepared for whatever move he's about to pull off(ex being Ayane's 236K, or one of her throws), I guess he's aware that I'm aware of what he's gonna do and do something else. But yea, my reaction timing as well as my defenses and yomi do need work. Hopefully when I get a new console, I'll get to work on that. :)

These battles are me versus my cousin. I have some recordings of me versus some other players online. I'll post those shortly.
where is the tech roll pressure?? I see you are allowing him to tech up right in your face,wasting an oppurtunity, Whether you go for a throw or a 2p.But i know there are some timing specific guranteed damage you are passing up. I dont play with her but I would strongly recommend experimenting or better yet searching Momiji's guides on this wonderful site for options against players that constantly tech

DoANoob

where is the tech roll pressure?? I see you are allowing him to tech up right in your face,wasting an oppurtunity, Whether you go for a throw or a 2p.But i know there are some timing specific guranteed damage you are passing up. I dont play with her but I would strongly recommend experimenting or better yet searching Momiji's guides on this wonderful site for options against players that constantly tech
Yea I'll look it up, but right now I'm decommissioned. I don't have a PS3 anymore. And Idk when I'll be playing DOA again til I get a new one, or upgrade to PS4

Force_of_Nature

Standard Donor
I've been working with the Shrine Maiden this week and somehow managed to snag a weekly tourney with her :D!

"Better luck next time!" - <3 :momiji:

Enjoy My Scrubbiness Part 3! :cool:

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
@Force_of_Nature some things, try not to do "66PP" as your primary range move, because I see that a lot, that's punishable. Striker was blowing that up a lot after your CH 2P's. 66P however is great, you only want 66PP when your 66P hit confirmed, not on block.

66P is -5 on block and +7 on neutral hit and covers a lot of distance, so you can use it as an offensive/defense range poke. You are also +12 after 2H+K so you do not need to back off.

You don't exactly seem to have her ranges down just yet, I would suggest the following;

I would strongly advise learning how to use the H+K, that is Momiji's best single poke, hands down. H+K can create an offensive/defensive wall when you put it out there at good ranges, forcing opponents to figure out some way to get around it. It creates an objective for them and you can then start using other moves to throw them off guard. H+K is always to be respected since it is fast at i12 frames and has a damage base of 28, and tracks (also range safe).

H+K, 2K, 2H+K, 3K and 66P are the five moves that allow Momiji to smother her opponents at optimal ranges like a wet blanket. Learn to master them because these make it difficult to approach this character, H+K being the best one.

Also, not sure if that was an error or not but using 214P+K as some kind of range move is asking to get punished.

Force_of_Nature

Standard Donor
@Force_of_Nature some things, try not to do "66PP" as your primary range move, because I see that a lot, that's punishable. Striker was blowing that up a lot after your CH 2P's. 66P however is great, you only want 66PP when your 66P hit confirmed, not on block.

66P is -5 on block and +7 on neutral hit and covers a lot of distance, so you can use it as an offensive/defense range poke. You are also +12 after 2H+K so you do not need to back off.

You don't exactly seem to have her ranges down just yet, I would suggest the following;

I would strongly advise learning how to use the H+K, that is Momiji's best single poke, hands down. H+K can create an offensive/defensive wall when you put it out there at good ranges, forcing opponents to figure out some way to get around it. It creates an objective for them and you can then start using other moves to throw them off guard. H+K is always to be respected since it is fast at i12 frames and has a damage base of 28, and tracks (also range safe).

H+K, 2K, 2H+K, 3K and 66P are the five moves that allow Momiji to smother her opponents at optimal ranges like a wet blanket. Learn to master them because these make it difficult to approach this character, H+K being the best one.

Also, not sure if that was an error or not but using 214P+K as some kind of range move is asking to get punished.

Lol, I was mostly screwing around in the match against Sashi since he was adjusting to the PS4 controller. I was showing him some moves such as 44K & 214P+K. 66P is indeed a nice poke though 66PP is pretty sweet when it hits. I'm surprised how often people get tripped up by the second hit and get launched. I do reduce its usage if the 2nd hit gets punished. H+K is a great keepout poke definitely, though Momiji's not exactly bad in close range either.

Though, thanks for the tips Hajin!

DoANoob said:
I'll admit 66PP is just too good of a move Momiji has and it's pretty addictive not to use less often.:)

Haha, I know what you mean. Dat range and dat launch! But I blow up Momiji players that spam that move on me.

DoANoob

I got some recent videos of me and my cousin again. I'll post them here instead and ask that that video & critique thread I made be locked or removed.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD