News Monty Oum has passed away

Today, we are very sad to report that Monty Oum, legendary creator behind the Dead Fantasy series, has passed away at the young age of 33 years old, according to his recent employer Rooster Teeth.

MN7dCSJ.jpg

Over the last several years, Monty has worked on and delivered some action-packed fighting series videos, pitting the cast of Dead or Alive against the cast of the Final Fantasy series, which became an instant hit to many fans as Dead Fantasy.

Monty later on went to lend his much talented skills to Rooster Teeth, popular devs behind the Red vs. Blue Halo series.

According to Rooster Teeth, Monty suffered a severe allergic reaction from a recent surgery procedure, was checked into a coma but, unfortunately, he never came out of it and passed away.

From everyone here at FreeStepDodge and all surrounding DOA fans around the world, we would truly like to send our most deepest condolences to his family members. He will be greatly missed.

Last edited:
I can't still believe that this really happened considering the sudden event. He is always appeared a great and passionate man for the efforts put in his works, rest in peace Mounty.

Shocked that this happen. I remember watching his Dead Fantasy vids back in undergrad and was amazed at the work he put into it. RIP Monty, you will be dearly missed.

How long has he been in a coma?

I really loved dead fantasy, I remember watching the 1st and the 2nd episodes. I was so excited to watch the 3rd. I was a baby teen around that time o_o

May you rest in peace Monty. May your soul travel to a better place. May your family be released and able to rest. You and your awesome skills will be missed.

Don't think that ever happened. Back in 2012, I don't believe Hayashi had even seen any of those videos.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD