News Monty Oum has passed away

Today, we are very sad to report that Monty Oum, legendary creator behind the Dead Fantasy series, has passed away at the young age of 33 years old, according to his recent employer Rooster Teeth.

MN7dCSJ.jpg

Over the last several years, Monty has worked on and delivered some action-packed fighting series videos, pitting the cast of Dead or Alive against the cast of the Final Fantasy series, which became an instant hit to many fans as Dead Fantasy.

Monty later on went to lend his much talented skills to Rooster Teeth, popular devs behind the Red vs. Blue Halo series.

According to Rooster Teeth, Monty suffered a severe allergic reaction from a recent surgery procedure, was checked into a coma but, unfortunately, he never came out of it and passed away.

From everyone here at FreeStepDodge and all surrounding DOA fans around the world, we would truly like to send our most deepest condolences to his family members. He will be greatly missed.

Last edited:
It's a very sad day. Not lessening his death here, since I know it affects his friends and families and I feel for them, but I also worry about the unfinished Dead Fantasy series and where RWBY will now end up. I've really enjoyed that series, and now that the creator is gone, I'm afraid it will either change dramatically or just end, plain and simple.

Just gonna copy and paste what I stated in another forum because I honestly can't...

"I'm honest to god speechless, literally on the verge of tears.
I've seen this guy as virtually a role-model on what I wanted to do and accomplish and to see him taken away at the same age as my eldest brother is like losing my brother.

I honestly don't want to believe...but I have to.
RIP Monty Oum, you was way too young and ambitious to die like this, let alone this early."

I guess what I should do now is finally watch RWBY...though it will not be the same...not like this.

Today, we are very sad to report that Monty Oum, legendary creator behind the Dead Fantasy series, has passed away at the young age of 33 years old, according to his recent employer RoosterTeeth.

MN7dCSJ.jpg

Over the last several years, Monty has worked on and delivered some action-packed fighting series videos, pitting the cast of Dead or Alive against the cast of the Final Fantasy series, which became an instant hit to many fans as Dead Fantasy.

Monty later on went to lend his much talented skills to Rooster Teeth, popular devs behind the Red vs. Blue Halo series.

According to Rooster Teeth, Monty suffered a severe allergic reaction from a recent surgery procedure, was checked into a coma but, unfortunately, he never came out of it and passed away.

From everyone here at FreeStepDodge and all surrounding DOA fans around the world, we would truly like to send our most deepest condolences to his family members. He will be greatly missed.
R.I.P. OUR GRRREAT FRIEND!!! :'( May You be greeted IN Your Kingdom of Heaven, & Re~United w/ ALL of Your Friends & Family! A Grrreat Talent, w/ EVEN Grrreater Potential for Innovatiive~Revolutionary~Creativity!!! Selfishly, I Feel HE was taken From US, WEI TOO SOON...Spiritually, I Feel that DA YUZHOU (The Grrreat Power~Cosmic), took HIM, RITE ON TIME...For NOW HIS Next Grrreat Journey BEGINS!!! W/ Positive Love, Light, Health, Protection, & Grrrreat Dharma/Kharma...AMITUOFO! ;) :p <3 __/l\__

I went on Facebook when I woke up and saw the news :( I can't believe this, I loved his Haloid video and Dead Fantasy series and was just waiting for the day when he'd be able to finish it... /sigh

He was only 33! That's WAY too soon for anyone, it's not fair....May he rest in peace.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD