Mortal Kombat thread.

XZero264

FSD | Nichol
Premium Donor
Yeah, I was surprised to learn they came out with XL.
Finally getting a chance to play tonight, looking forward to Triborg Smoke variation and the Xenomorph.

Mr Armageddon X

After seeing gameplay, reading the bio's and endings of the 1 new character and 2 guest characters, I'm even more glad that they aren't out on PC, complete waste of time quite frankly even releasing them.

SacredWarrior

I bought MKXL after it came out and so far I really love it although I see some problems with the practices. The easy fatalities were unnecessary and should've been easy brutalities instead. I also don't like how some of the content is locked to the mobile game which is bad news for people who don't like mobile games. So far, I'm using Sonya, Cassie, and Kitana.

I've been a fan ever since the 3D era although I did indeed play the older games when I was younger as well.

Although I will say this about some of the fans in the fanbase:

Some of them definitely need to get over themselves and get out of their irrelevant feelings. If I had a dime for the amount of times I've seen certain words thrown around just because someone didn't like a certain character for whatever reason, I'd be the richest person in the world.

And then there are people who bitch about the redesigns for stupid reasons. I'm mainly referring to Tanya. I can understand not liking the redesigns of characters (I think Mileena's mouth looks weird for one) but ass-suming that the devs are doing certain things to certain characters (not saying the words) just makes you look like someone bitching about first world problems. Have actual reasons for disliking the redesign not stupid ones that can be easily refuted.

As for my personal opinion, I don't care about Tanya that much so I couldn't care less about her redesign nor was I offended by it (even if I was a fan, I wouldn't be offended). I think she should've had long hair although she doesn't look too bad with the bobcut either. If someone liked the redesign, they have every right to. A character's skin color doesn't define who they are the last time I checked.

And complaining about the costumes is stupid too. Unlocking some of them on the other hand......... Let's move on please.

Last edited:

Xernuht

Picked up XL on Friday. I'm enjoying it so far, but I haven't tried to focus on a main or on combos. I'm hoping there's another DLC pack down the road, if only just for a klassic skin for Triborg.

CFW

I bought MKXL after it came out and so far I really love it although I see some problems with the practices. The easy fatalities were unnecessary and should've been easy brutalities instead. I also don't like how some of the content is locked to the mobile game which is bad news for people who don't like mobile games. So far, I'm using Sonya, Cassie, and Kitana.

I've been a fan ever since the 3D era although I did indeed play the older games when I was younger as well.

Although I will say this about some of the fans in the fanbase:

Some of them definitely need to get over themselves and get out of their irrelevant feelings. If I had a dime for the amount of times I've seen certain words thrown around just because someone didn't like a certain character for whatever reason, I'd be the richest person in the world.

And then there are people who bitch about the redesigns for stupid reasons. I'm mainly referring to Tanya. I can understand not liking the redesigns of characters (I think Mileena's mouth looks weird for one) but ass-suming that the devs are doing certain things to certain characters (not saying the words) just makes you look like someone bitching about first world problems. Have actual reasons for disliking the redesign not stupid ones that can be easily refuted.

As for my personal opinion, I don't care about Tanya that much so I couldn't care less about her redesign nor was I offended by it (even if I was a fan, I wouldn't be offended). I think she should've had long hair although she doesn't look too bad with the bobcut either. If someone liked the redesign, they have every right to. A character's skin color doesn't define who they are the last time I checked.

And complaining about the costumes is stupid too. Unlocking some of them on the other hand......... Let's move on please.

I didn't like Tanya's initial redesign because they whitewashed her skin which is a very serious problem in today's media that people have valid issues with lmao but okay.

Argentus

To be fair Tanya has looked completely different every time she's appeared.

Originally another kitana color swap, then a she hulk, now like Cleopatra

Fiend Busa

Standard Donor
Picked up XL on Friday. I'm enjoying it so far, but I haven't tried to focus on a main or on combos. I'm hoping there's another DLC pack down the road, if only just for a klassic skin for Triborg.

They said Kombat Pack 2 is the last one but who knows.

Jadeinchains

I actually haven't checked this thread for a little while because Jade isn't in but it was cool to see that XL was given to people with X for free. Obviously without the characters but getting "the pit" stage was good enough. Seriously though Krossover Kombat X is losing my interest, where's the characters people are asking for? Instead we keep getting 80's horror stars which is cool and all and I love "Alien" but they need to chill out with a quarter of the cast being crossover characters. I do like the game though even if that was a borderline rant.

PS: the redesigned characters thing. I don't like Mileena's mouth and I didn't like Tanya's original look however her new dlc look is perfection.

SacredWarrior

Seriously though Krossover Kombat X is losing my interest, where's the characters people are asking for? Instead we keep getting 80's horror stars which is cool and all and I love "Alien" but they need to chill out with a quarter of the cast being crossover characters.

Yeah I agree. I love horror films and all but that's way too much. Although I will say that Freddy should've came back. Also why is Bo Rai Cho a thing? No one wanted him back -_- Jade should've replaced Tanya in my opinion. You also neglected the Kyrpt D: Why jumpscares?! NRS is gonna give their fans heart attacks!

Jadeinchains

I was just happy the jumpscares weren't quiet as bad as MK9 since as embarrassing as it is I had to cover half the screen with my hand when playing through that crypt! I do not do well with jumpscares.

And yeah when Bo rai cho was revealed I did a serious eye roll but I thought they'd give him a serious fighting style... Clearly not though. I think Tanya was really underwhelming because Jade was dead so there was no rivalry to be had.

Argentus

I thought she was a Jade color swap?
Who is also a kitana swap, yes?

I was just happy the jumpscares weren't quiet as bad as MK9 since as embarrassing as it is I had to cover half the screen with my hand when playing through that crypt! I do not do well with jumpscares.

And yeah when Bo rai cho was revealed I did a serious eye roll but I thought they'd give him a serious fighting style... Clearly not though. I think Tanya was really underwhelming because Jade was dead so there was no rivalry to be had.

Its like Karin in sfv but not sakura. They gave us the rival but not the hero so its just kinda pointless. As is Tanya is kinda pointless. As far as having an actual role I mean

Jadeinchains

Who is also a kitana swap, yes?

Its like Karin in sfv but not sakura. They gave us the rival but not the hero so its just kinda pointless. As is Tanya is kinda pointless. As far as having an actual role I mean

... Jade --------> Kitana

But yeah by not including Jade and completely changing Tanya as an evil and selfish betrayer of her people in hopes of power into a random thug/ Mileenas lesbian lover she just comes off as boring and dull story wise.

XZero264

FSD | Nichol
Premium Donor
I actually haven't checked this thread for a little while because Jade isn't in but it was cool to see that XL was given to people with X for free.
It was a title update, yes, but to use the XL stuff/characters you still had to buy the content. There is an upgrade package for $25ish for X to XL.

Jadeinchains

It was a title update, yes, but to use the XL stuff/characters you still had to buy the content. There is an upgrade package for $25ish for X to XL.

Yeah I saw thatvi just meant that it was nice that they gave the title to the past version and the stage was free. I know the characters need to be bought though. And if the stage needed to be bought and that's what you mean then I don't know why I got it for free?!

SacredWarrior

Yeah I saw thatvi just meant that it was nice that they gave the title to the past version and the stage was free. I know the characters need to be bought though. And if the stage needed to be bought and that's what you mean then I don't know why I got it for free?!

The same thing was done with Last Round for PS3 and 360 wasn't it?

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD