Mortal Kombat

Onryoki

Standard Donor
With MKXI being recently announced I’ve decided to make a thread for Mortal Kombat, in this thread we’ll discuss anything Mortal Kombat related.
Here’s the trailer for MKXI (the song in the trailer fucking sucks).

According to a video of leaks of MaximilianDood there has been rumors that Johnny Cage, Sonia, Goro, Baraka, Kano, Mileena and Ferra/Torr are not returning for the next instalment. Here’s the video of the leaks:
My thoughts about this leak are that it might be true considering Netherrealm studios has no problem with killing off characters or excluding them from the game completely. What are your thoughts?

Reactions: YEH

YEH

Feeling so satisfied with the DOA6 reveal trailer music choice, MK11 trailer just doesn't hype the one watching,
it's a day and night difference, would've felt really bad if it had something similar.

Onryoki

Standard Donor
I just think rap music is unnecessary for a game like Mortal Kombat, it doesn’t fit the game or what it stands for in the slightest. It gives me very DOA5 vibes, they also picked unnecessary rap music that doesn’t fit the game.

Vigoorian King

lzGtm0T.jpg

This leak mentions a female antagonist, Shao Kahn as the preorder bonus and the variation system using different timeline versions of characters. The trailer confirms or at least hints at all of these.

Btw what happened to the old thread?

Onryoki

Standard Donor
lzGtm0T.jpg

This leak mentions a female antagonist, Shao Kahn as the preorder bonus and the variation system using different timeline versions of characters. The trailer confirms or at least hints at all of these.

Btw what happened to the old thread?
Oh was there a old thread? I did not know that

Radiance

It does kind of look like Ashura. But yeah a lot of people are making the comparison to be the woman in Jades MK9 ending. If the rumors are true, happy we're seeing Frost, and hopefully Fujin. I hope we get to see the order realm in MKXI. Hotaru was one of my favorite MK characters

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
I really hope Ashrah makes it in, she's my favorite all time MK girl and it was a shame she didn't return. I'm hoping that with this new MK that they're gonna focus on bringing back characters who didn't appear in MK X like Sareena, Jade of course, Ashrah, Frost, Sindel, Baraka and other fan favorites.
I would also like if they didn't follow the MKX time skip but they likely will so I'm not gonna be surprised if Mileena doesn't return as well but hopefully she will since she's a major fan favorite xD

Dr PaC

I really hope Ashrah makes it in, she's my favorite all time MK girl and it was a shame she didn't return. I'm hoping that with this new MK that they're gonna focus on bringing back characters who didn't appear in MK X like Sareena, Jade of course, Ashrah, Frost, Sindel, Baraka and other fan favorites.
I would also like if they didn't follow the MKX time skip but they likely will so I'm not gonna be surprised if Mileena doesn't return as well but hopefully she will since she's a major fan favorite xD

The only characters I liked from the "kids group" in MKX was Cassie, Jacqui, and Takeda so Im hoping they come back too. If not, Ill live tho. I enjoy the legacy characters more anyways, so I hope your list has some people coming in too

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
The only characters I liked from the "kids group" in MKX was Cassie, Jacqui, and Takeda so Im hoping they come back too. If not, Ill live tho. I enjoy the legacy characters more anyways, so I hope your list has some people coming in too
Yeah I actually liked them too, even Kung Jin as well although I didn't like his lack of depth as a character, they could have did way more with him. I also didnt like Dvorah since that witch killed Mileena xD

I think the roster will be tough to gauge tho since I imagine they can't include everyone like they did in Armageddon but they should at least go with fan favorites and maybe 1-2 new characters for good balance, nowadays games dont really need a whole ton of newbies since people usually prefer fan favorites like how SC6 did

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Me too. The creator himself even is cool with it so hopefully this will happen finally

Ed Boon at the time for Spawn inclusion was stuck in a situation on whether to include him in MKX or Injustice II from what he mentioned via Twitter back then. Ed Boon acquired the rights for Spawn ages ago from what he implied but just never used it because he couldn't decide on which game to include him on. There might be some reasons as to why they waited now, and possibly had potential issues with reasons in the past on why Boon couldn't just decide during those times for MKX/Injustice II.

So for Injustice II, this is entirely a DC game, thus including Spawn would be dealing with complicated 4th barrier entries and more meetups between companies and contracts. Basically letting DC know that they want to include Image Comics (Publishers for Spawn) into a DC universe type game. The issue is that Injustice II is not Smash Bros. The game isn't that grand of an opening to just bring anyone in from other comics. DC has some leeaway to it but the Turtles pretty much sealed that deal along with Dark Horse Comic's Hellboy without creating too many problems for DC to where DC might start questioning Ed Boon on it. Todd McFarlane (creator of Spawn) doesn't care which game he wants Spawn in, but for a game like Injustice is a bit on the topic to how DC feels about it because it's their game (technically speaking). Granted that DC has no problems with Spawn, but it might be the matter of avoiding complications between the two (on top of already adding Hellboy and TMNT).

For MKX/XL, it might of been a time where they already had all content ideas planned out and may have acquired the rights for Spawn right after it, who knows. Ed Boon was pretty stuck on this.

Personally? I think Spawn fits on Mortal Kombat the most due to how edgy, violent, and dark his comics were. Not a slight bit on lightheartedness for Spawn. Some say he also fits in DC which I don't disagree with either, but he just looks like he fits Mortal Kombat entirely in opinion of mine.

Goarmagon

Standard Donor
So spawn would have made an appearance in mortal kombat AND soul calibur. I think thats funny.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD