Likely (As DLC):

Rachel
Gen Fu
Ein
Leon
Raidou
Phase-4

Unlikely:

Every Guest Character from DOA5 (Virtua Fighter, Musou, King of Fighters/Fatal Fury)
Alpha-152

Last edited:

Cadaveri

I don't think they would honestly cut Lisa (being veteran character and let alone for diversity reasons, this is 2018 after all!).
Maybe they'll give her a prosthetic arm or something (I hope not, but I could see it happening) :S

Also I don't think Nyo is going to get cut, being one of the more popular dlc characters from 5.

Pretty sure Rachel & Momiji are not going to be in the base game (though likely as DLC).

delSai

"Unlikely:
Lisa Hamilton/La Mariposa (Possibly died during the events of DOA5)"
Just wait for Cyborg Lisa!

I think your list is pretty much on point. I personally wouldnt be surprised if Rachel and Momiji made it in Day 1 somehow though.

NewWestFan

Premium Donor
Unlikely:
Lisa Hamilton/La Mariposa (Possibly died during the events of DOA5)
No! You STOP that this instant. The rubble landed outside the room, if it had landed on her she wouldnt have been able to scream. She was in a protected room and she's a double agent for a currently unknown faction working against Donovan and MIST but not directly with the good guys. It clearly isnt DOATEC since Helena beat her ass for not telling her why she was at the rig, but shes as of this point one of the only "Neutral" characters in the roster and is a lot more pivotal and interesting than everyone is playing her down as.

P2p1mbs

if it had landed on her she wouldnt have been able to scream.

The room was collapsing with her inside it, she was screaming as the rubble fell on her; she knew she would be buried so she was screaming in fear and surprise :rolleyes:.

Unlikely:

Every Guest Character from DOA5 (Virtua Fighter, Musou, King of Fighters/Fatal Fury)

More like definitely

Raansu

Gen Fu and Leon seem like toss ups as well as Ein. I'd be surprised to see alpha and phase 4 as well. I imagine they will want to reduce the amount of similar characters.

Marauder

I agree with the original list except move Momiji up to likely and Phase-4 down to likely (DLC). Also Lisa will still be around somehow.

Sonicfan11589

I doubt it, but I hope the Virtua Fighters return. Any chance of them coming back seeing VF series is possibly dead?

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
I doubt it, but I hope the Virtua Fighters return. Any chance of them coming back seeing VF series is possibly dead?
In an interview they said the base game at launch will be basically a pure DOA cast so they won't be in but they did say they're not against maybe guests down the line tho

HHH816

Very Likely:

Ayane
Kokoro
Leifang
Hitomi
Eliot
Honoka
Mila
Christie
Brad Wong
Rig
Nyotengu
Momiji
Raidou
Phase 4

Unlikely:
Guest Character from DOA5
Bayman
Alpha-152
Rachel
Gen Fu
Ein
Leon
Lisa Hamilton/La Mariposa
Tina Armstrong
Bass Armstrong
Marie Rose

Last edited:

HHH816

base on story mode on DOA5 and new DOA6 gameplay ,i predict characters with too slow movement or too heavy (grappler) will not make it

NewWestFan

Premium Donor
Marie Rose unlikely? okay
Momiji is more unlikely than Marie Rose honestly. Yes she's an NG character but she's never been so much as mentioned by any of the Ninja in the story and she debuted in 08 a full 4 years before the launch of DOA 5

RetroMe91

Honestly, the only characters that 100% won’t come back are the Virtua Fighters and Mai. Likely to not come back are Naotora, Raidou, Ein, Alpha, and Phase 4. Leon and Gen Fu are also possible to not come back.

Naotora could come back because of the elusive bio they gave her in DOA5 and because TN/KOEI TECMO have the rights to her, but it seems very unlikely.

Raidou and Alpha could be cut as they are your typical boss type characters who really don’t need to come back for story purposes.

Ein and Phase 4 could get cut because they are literal copy and paste characters (Hayate and Kasumi) with slightly different move sets from other characters (Hitomi and Kasumi). They don’t really need to be here, especially Ein who no longer exists...

The only reason that Leon and Gen Fu could potentially be cut is that they not longer serve a purpose in the story. Their popularity is fairly low as well. In addition, while their move sets are very different from other characters, they are still similar enough to other characters (Batman and Eliot) that one could say they aren’t necessary in the meta due to those characters.

I myself would love to see everyone, except for the Virtua Fighters and Mai come back tbh. I’d even welcome new characters and the DOAXVV girls (if they made then serious characters with real purposes other than being sexual/cute girls).

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
These are the only characters I can guarantee will be cut:
:akira::alpha152::jacky::mai::naotora::pai::sarah:

These characters have a slightly less chance of returning but will still likely return for the sake of having the full cast:
:ein::genfu::leon:

These characters are even less likely but theres still a strong possibility:
:momiji::rachel:

Everyone else will return. If you're Marie Rose or Honoka you're guaranteed a slot for sheer popularity alone, as well as all the girls in the X3 game like Ayane and Kokoro and Hitomi. Kasumi and Helena are already in so that shows this will hold true

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD