My List of Characters That Are Likely/Unlikely to Return For DOA6

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
I am surprised you would admit this ;).

I disagree about this though. I would personally say they are likely to come back but not guaranteed.
Yeah I'm bothered that much anymore that she won't be returning straight away since as a DLC character she could return since she was fairly popular in Japan in LR. Hopefully by then they will improve her move set so she's more threatening and I feel she would personally play alot better in DOA6

dg1995

Do you guys think that there is a chance that some less popular characters being replaced by new ones ? (Since Tekken 7 replaced Raven with Master Raven)

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Do you guys think that there is a chance that some less popular characters being replaced by new ones ? (Since Tekken 7 replaced Raven with Master Raven)
Nope. They tried to do that with Hitomi and Eliot to try to overshadow Gen Fu and Ein but fans still want the veterans in XD if they do replace them they're gonna have to go full force to make sure the replacements are well received which isn't likely. Cassandra for example in SC2 was meant to replace Sophitia but there was alot of backlash and they didn't go through with it. I mean Cassandra is popular but comparing her to and saying she should replace Sophitia wouldn't go down well with fans

Normal

Claim of 8% completion.

6 characters + 2 stages = 8%???
1 character/1 stage = 1%
46 more characters and 46 more stages...!:eek:
All DoA characters + new
All DoA stages + new

i would appreciate.

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
Claim of 8% completion.

6 characters + 2 stages = 8%???
1 character/1 stage = 1%
46 more characters and 46 more stages...!:eek:
All DoA characters + new
All DoA stages + new

i would appreciate.

I don't think that's how it works! You're not including the graphics engine, mechanics and other things that make DOA a fighting game. The 46 stages definitely will not happen even with every possible expansion... same with the characters; I don't think anyone wants to study 48 matchups. :p

RetroMe91

I don't think that's how it works! You're not including the graphics engine, mechanics and other things that make DOA a fighting game. The 46 stages definitely will not happen even with every possible expansion... same with the characters; I don't think anyone wants to study 48 matchups. :p
When last round launched, it had 30 and we finished with 36. I could see a launch of 32-34 depending on who gets to stay and who gets the chop plus the 2 new characters they spoke of, but 48 would be a bit crazy. I would say if they add dlc characters 40-42 characters could work, but anymore would be like the time MK had every single character they ever had in their game (Armageddon, I believe?). It was wild.

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
Mortal Kombat's characters are so clunky and they don't require the same attention that the DOA moves will require. I mean Hayabusa fatal rush alone is cray. Not to blast MK but those games are different from a 3D fighter... but I'm actually thinking that we will have far less than what some of you are hoping.

Not to mention Hayashi treats stages like characters, and most fighting games don't. Once again, not trying to hate... but there are variables that could mean big roster cuts to start. Maybe I'm wrong, but I think we could see a lot more DLC characters than with DOA5LR.

RetroMe91

Mortal Kombat's characters are so clunky and they don't require the same attention that the DOA moves will require. I mean Hayabusa fatal rush alone is cray. Not to blast MK but those games are different from a 3D fighter... but I'm actually thinking that we will have far less than what some of you are hoping.

Not to mention Hayashi treats stages like characters, and most fighting games don't. Once again, not trying to hate... but there are variables that could mean big roster cuts to start. Maybe I'm wrong, but I think we could see a lot more DLC characters than with DOA5LR.
I was agreeing with you for the most part. Armageddon was a clunky game due to the sheer amount of characters in it, not to mention MK is clunky enough on its own. Haha. Besides the more characters and stages they make, the more clipping we are going to see once the game is released...

Normal

Entire Virtua Fighter roster DLC.:cool:
Truly I would enjoy VF character to return. Akira, Pai, Jacky, Sarah, but properly modified to fit inside DoA system rules, instead of too strong and too fast. Akira low punch is almost unreactable compared to every other low punch of DoA characters.
I hope such update change would also remove just frame commands and be easier input. To make fair character.

ShinobiOfTheWind

My point of view : with % (LOL only based on my thoughts).

- Kasumi : Already in
- Helena : already in
- Jann Lee : already in
- Zack : already in
- Hayate : already in
- Ryu : already in
- Ayane : 100 %
- Christie : 100 %
- Kokoro : 100 %
- Mila : 100 %
- Tina : 100 %
- Lei fang : 100 %
- Hitomi : 100 %
- Honoka : 100 %
- Rachel : 100 % (she'd come to help the ninjas who need all the possible help).
- Lisa : 100 % (They cannot give up on her in that lab).
- Momiji : 100 % (same as Rachel)
- Marie-Rose : 100 % (they love her too much to not include her...).
- Brad Wong : 100 %
- Bayman : 100 %
- Rig : 100 %
- Bass : 100 %
- Eliot : 100 %
- Genfu : 100 %
- Leon : 100 % (He team up with Bayman to help the ninjas)
- DONOVAN : 100 % the new boss ( speculation : He sent Honoka to collect all characters moves. Then he uses her to get all her collected powers)
- Nyotengu : 80 % (she'll find the revived Bankotsubo)
- IRENE : 50 % (Help the ninjas)
- Alpha-152 : 50 % (Donovan send his BOSSes team to beat all the ninjas and their new army)
- Raidou : 50 % (MIST revived him to make a Bosses Team)
- Tengu : 50 % (MIST revived him to make a Bosses Team)
- Omega : 50 % (MIST revived him to make a Bosses Team)
- Ein : 25 %
- Phase-4 : 25 % (she died btw and Kasumi seems to get a lot of her moves)
- Sarah : 0%
- Pai : 0 %
- Naotora Li : 0 %
- Mai : 0 %
- Akira : 0 %
- Jacky : 0 %

RetroMe91

My point of view : with % (LOL only based on my thoughts).

- Kasumi : Already in
- Helena : already in
- Jann Lee : already in
- Zack : already in
- Hayate : already in
- Ryu : already in
- Ayane : 100 %
- Christie : 100 %
- Kokoro : 100 %
- Mila : 100 %
- Tina : 100 %
- Lei fang : 100 %
- Hitomi : 100 %
- Honoka : 100 %
- Rachel : 100 % (she'd come to help the ninjas who need all the possible help).
- Lisa : 100 % (They cannot give up on her in that lab).
- Momiji : 100 % (same as Rachel)
- Marie-Rose : 100 % (they love her too much to not include her...).
- Brad Wong : 100 %
- Bayman : 100 %
- Rig : 100 %
- Bass : 100 %
- Eliot : 100 %
- Genfu : 100 %
- Leon : 100 % (He team up with Bayman to help the ninjas)
- DONOVAN : 100 % the new boss ( speculation : He sent Honoka to collect all characters moves. Then he uses her to get all her collected powers)
- Nyotengu : 80 % (she'll find the revived Bankotsubo)
- IRENE : 50 % (Help the ninjas)
- Alpha-152 : 50 % (Donovan send his BOSSes team to beat all the ninjas and their new army)
- Raidou : 50 % (MIST revived him to make a Bosses Team)
- Tengu : 50 % (MIST revived him to make a Bosses Team)
- Omega : 50 % (MIST revived him to make a Bosses Team)
- Ein : 25 %
- Phase-4 : 25 % (she died btw and Kasumi seems to get a lot of her moves)
- Sarah : 0%
- Pai : 0 %
- Naotora Li : 0 %
- Mai : 0 %
- Akira : 0 %
- Jacky : 0 %
I would say you are reaching by saying Irene has a shot. I’m 99.9% sure that they have forgotten and/or don’t care about Irene... not to crush your dreams. I wouldn’t say lower it 0%, but maybe make it like 1%... I would say Phase-4 and Naotora are far more likely than Irene because they could just recycle assets and these two characters are far more popular than Irene.

I would also say with the popularity of Nytengu and how much work they put into her, she is a solid 100%. I mean she beat out DOA alums, like Tina and Leifang, to be apart of the DOAX3 cast. She was top 5 even... they can’t ignore that. All of the ladies who were voted into DOAX3 are a sure 100% thing for the cast of DOA6.

Tina2040_

I'd say EVERYONE from DOA5 vanilla + Marie and Nyotengu. I'd be happy if they left out Momiji, Rachel and etc etc.
Honoka can be an unlockable or DLC, but I think it'll be cool to have her in.

I'd love if they went back with the unlockable route like DOA4 for classic characters like Tina or Bass. Having Helena as an unlockable in that game reiterated her classic character status.

Raansu

I'd say EVERYONE from DOA5 vanilla + Marie and Nyotengu. I'd be happy if they left out Momiji, Rachel and etc etc.
Honoka can be an unlockable or DLC, but I think it'll be cool to have her in.

I'd love if they went back with the unlockable route like DOA4 for classic characters like Tina or Bass. Having Helena as an unlockable in that game reiterated her classic character status.

Why? I see no good reason to have characters be locked out without completing some task. It also becomes a nightmare for tournament organizers.

Macca Beam

also just wanna point out that every keyboard should be rigged so that the "L" key administers a knockout electric shock on skin contact whenever it detects the user has finished typing out the word "Naotora"

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
also just wanna point out that every keyboard should be rigged so that the "L" key administers a knockout electric shock on skin contact whenever it detects the user has finished typing out the word "Naotora"
Why tho? She's not gonna be in the base game but she still could come back as DLC, same with the VFs

Macca Beam

IT'S AN UPPERCASE I, NOT A LOWERCASE L. NAMES DON'T START WITH A LOWERCASE CHARACTER, AND WEEBSPEAK DOESN'T HAVE THE L SOUND
sorry, i'm just confused by the sheer amount of people who mess that up

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
IT'S AN UPPERCASE I, NOT A LOWERCASE L. NAMES DON'T START WITH A LOWERCASE CHARACTER, AND WEEBSPEAK DOESN'T HAVE THE L SOUND
sorry, i'm just confused by the sheer amount of people who mess that up
Oh that's what you meant xD yeah I still see people thinking her name is Naotora Li when it's Ii but I don't blame them Ii is a bit uncommon XD

Other characters I wouldn't mind returning is maybe Bankotsubo or some form of him, and maybe a successor to Genra's style, like maybe he had a secret bastard child who he disowned and ignored when he took Ayane in as his own. They could be the same age and maybe he holds hatred for Ayane because her presence in Genra's life left him in the shadows, so he's like an anti hero but isn't evil but holds hatred for Ayane especially since she also killed him in DOA3

It sounds like a strange story but I would use a Genra style practitioner if they added one xD

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD