DOA5LR Naotora Video/Critique Thread

The Spine

So, for some reason, we don't have a video thread. Let's change that. Here you'll find videos of people playing Naotora and ask for help on certain things. Now, I don't have a video of myself playing, but I'll attach one soon, probably tonight. Anyway, go wild!

YBNDM

Here's my newest Naotora replay. I know for a fact that I'm playing her up close when your supposed to play her from more of a distance (It's just how I play the character, althought I have been spacing a bit more with her) and I abused some Online BS.

The Spine

Here's my newest Naotora replay. I know for a fact that I'm playing her up close when your supposed to play her from more of a distance (It's just how I play the character, althought I have been spacing a bit more with her) and I abused some Online BS.
I have a few things, with my scrubby self:
- Watch your use of 236K, if it works once, it probably won't work again. Every time you get distance, you resorted to that, and that's not ideal because it's so punishable. All you did was run up 66P or 236K which are both very unsafe options, as you know. So yeah, try to find different ways to approach.
- At r1f, especially against slower characters, it's probably best to just K or 4K since you'll most likely beat them out. Against faster characters, obviously try to space out a bit more.
- I would suggest trying to go for the hard knockdown during combos. K string into drill is just dropping over and over and there's no oki.
- You're a little buttons-y almost all the time, especially in neutral or on a knockdown. Slow down a bit.
- Since you like to go for the GB enders, you have to capitalize on them. I noticed the 5K string > GB was a big string you didn't do anything after. It's not a huge advantage, but it's there, utilize it.
- Your opponent held quite a bit, don't forget to use 66T, tick throwing is good.
- #DeleteNaotora

YBNDM

I have a few things, with my scrubby self:
- Watch your use of 236K, if it works once, it probably won't work again. Every time you get distance, you resorted to that, and that's not ideal because it's so punishable. All you did was run up 66P or 236K which are both very unsafe options, as you know. So yeah, try to find different ways to approach.
- At r1f, especially against slower characters, it's probably best to just K or 4K since you'll most likely beat them out. Against faster characters, obviously try to space out a bit more.
- I would suggest trying to go for the hard knockdown during combos. K string into drill is just dropping over and over and there's no oki.
- You're a little buttons-y almost all the time, especially in neutral or on a knockdown. Slow down a bit.
- Since you like to go for the GB enders, you have to capitalize on them. I noticed the 5K string > GB was a big string you didn't do anything after. It's not a huge advantage, but it's there, utilize it.
- Your opponent held quite a bit, don't forget to use 66T, tick throwing is good.
- #DeleteNaotora
I do have to work on a lot of things, thanks for the advice. I tend to be a bit too aggressive, I will admit. I'm not that experienced as a Naotora player, or a player in general. I have one thing tho, what's a good combo ender to use for a hard knockdown? I don't really know what oki is either so yeah... xD.

The Spine

I do have to work on a lot of things, thanks for the advice. I tend to be a bit too aggressive, I will admit. I'm not that experienced as a Naotora player, or a player in general. I have one thing tho, what's a good combo ender to use for a hard knockdown? I don't really know what oki is either so yeah... xD.
K6KK, 6K4K, 8KK, 6P4K, all of that stuff.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
I'm not into judging Naotora videos since how you play her is up to you in terms of how much risk you willing to take but here's a recent video where me and Rikuto went at it. I lost but the set was 2-3 and close so I think I did something right. When fighting grapplers with OH, it's best to mid range them and wait for an approach, 9KK them whenever the opportunity presents itself. Next time I'll 2T though, he caught on to my baiting and was 2Ting out of stun but my instincts kept telling me to 66T. After that 236K, I should've just finished the string or backed away after the free cancel. Mizz Hoodless and Shazz said I did fine so I wasn't discouraged XD

Nikotsumi

I have a Nao video, though it's a few months old. I'll surely upload other matches when I get some decent ones, I'm not really playing DOA lately.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor

All of my streamed matches from KiT in order of appearance.
You the guy without the mask? you look so unhappy next to that guy with the mask xD I don't blame you tho, if I went to my first tourney on my end I'd probably be shaking tbh

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD