DOA5LR NEC 16 - 3v3 Team Tournament

Sly Bass

Premium Donor
Hey everyone, @Katsu Hayami and I have gotten approval from Big E to host a 3v3 team tournament. This will be considered a, "side tournament", so it will not be up on NEC's website as an official registered event.

How do I register for this event? This will be an at the door registration when you check in. You will sign your team up and register then. YOU MUST REGISTER 1 HOUR BEFORE START TIME. If you are late to the venue and want to have another person sign your team up, that is allowed. You'll just owe them money.

When will it start? Friday night, December 11th. 8pm.

How much does it cost? 30 bucks a team, aka, 10 per person.

What are the rules?
1) One match for each person on your team until you / or they are all defeated. Each match will be best of 5 rounds. If your lead off person beats all 3 opponents in the first 3 matches, then there is no need for the other two members of your team to play in that match up. When you face a new team, you may switch up your team order.
2) It is double elimination. This means a winner and loser bracket.
3) Once you engage in a battle, and win your match you are on character lock until you face the next team.
4) Your line up cannot have two or more of the same character. This means your team can't be, Akira, Akira, Pai. 1 unique character in each line up. If team member 1 takes Pai, team member 3 can no longer use Pai.

Will it be streamed? This is still in the works. In some sort of form or fashion, it will be streamed / recorded.

If you are planning on attending and want to post your team to create some hype, post it in this thread with the member names on their main character, and I'll update the OP with that list.

1. A Sly Fox Walks Into A Bar
:marierose:Sonic Fox:rig:Jaeger :akira:SlyBass

2. Loopy's Sweet Meatball
:genfu:Sweet Revenge:jannlee:Lopedo :zack:Gehaktbal

3. Java Curry Rockstrong
:bass:Matt Ponton :leifang:Teru Rock :akira:JC Akira

4. HollowsLuckyShoulder
:alpha152:
Hollowichigo:leifang:BlackmoonRisingx :ayane:Allen Paris

5. Team New England
:phase4:
BBoy Dragon :ayane:Gill Hustle :christie:BlackBerryChaos

6. Carry Me Hoodless
:leifang:
Mz Hoodless :zack:Hoodless :mila:Fire Necromancer

7. Just Trash
:christie:
Kwiggles :helena:XCaliburBlades:kokoro:EMann

8. One Quick 46P
:hayate:Rojikku :ein:Shazzmatazzles :lisa:Angelus Dante

9. ZeroSlickDaLegit
:leon:XZero264 :rachel:Spl Slick :tina:CatzDaLegit

10. Team Xavier
:hitomi:LordXav1er :helena:J. Monte :marierose:S. Correia

Free Agents - Contact these people if you want to form a team with them. Click their name for video of them fighting.
:nyotengu:LightSonic
:bradwong:Nestor
:helena:dVineHarmony
:hayabusa:Master
:ayane:DivineEtro
:jannlee:Luoji Fennu
:bass:F3 NinjaCW
:lisa:Gruff
:genfu:Bright Gamer

Last edited:

Sly Bass

Premium Donor
Character lock is only during a match with a team. So if you start the match with a character and win the first match, you cannot change for the next two matches if you keep winning. The next team you face, you can choose a new character.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Character lock is only during a match with a team. So if you start the match with a character and win the first match, you cannot change for the next two matches if you keep winning. The next team you face, you can choose a new character.

Well that's certainly different... in which case it should also then be noted that traditional Team rules imply that a team can't use the same character as another team member in the set. So by changing your character in the next set you could be removing the character choice from your teammate.

Sly Bass

Premium Donor
Well that's certainly different... in which case it should also then be noted that traditional Team rules imply that a team can't use the same character as another team member in the set. So by changing your character in the next set you could be removing the character choice from your teammate.
That is true. I'll update the OP with that.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
That is true. I'll update the OP with that.

Well that's why traditionally team tournaments are character lock throughout the tournament, reduces the headache, and puts more strategy into player lineup decisions on a team by team match basis.

MaxiKilla

This will be good competition. Speechless about xcal with kwiggle and we already know what Lopedo is going to do. :cool:

The Enforcer

Hopefully I'm not being an over obvious voice of reason. Be prepared for this to run really late!

I'm not sure how common it is for team tournaments, but based on the only one I saw it went until 2am at TFC 2013. With a fair number of teams on board and more to come based on the free agents, having double elimination and best of 5 can run this for a while. All good for the sake of hype. Unless there was a hiccup with the one I saw in terms of organization (which I didn't think there was), be mindful for sake of venue, streaming and player caffeine requirements. ;)

Lookin' forward to it! I'd sign on, but I'd be dead weight to my teammates.

Sly Bass

Premium Donor
Hopefully I'm not being an over obvious voice of reason. Be prepared for this to run really late!

I'm not sure how common it is for team tournaments, but based on the only one I saw it went until 2am at TFC 2013. With a fair number of teams on board and more to come based on the free agents, having double elimination and best of 5 can run this for a while. All good for the sake of hype. Unless there was a hiccup with the one I saw in terms of organization (which I didn't think there was), be mindful for sake of venue, streaming and player caffeine requirements. ;)

We will have multiple set ups to accommodate the size. :)

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor

The difference between the two is tfc2013 did a team best 2 out of 3. So a team would have to win twice before moving on. 3 out of 5 in finals where they kept going back and forth. Basically a set would be at minimum 6 and maximum 15 matches.

This one is a set where its best of 1 meaning min of 3 max of 5 matches.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD