[NEC Edition] The International Interviews: #11 Hoodless

ikodomo

The interviews that will be posted from here on out till NEC will be players that will be attending the main event. After NEC, we will go back to interviewing players all around the world. Up first is a competitor that comes from the Midwest looking to take the NEC title back to his hometown. His name is Hoodless. Bringing along his highly rated and offensive heavy characters, Rig and Zack, to Pennsylvania; he will be one of the main threats at the highly prestigious event.

ng96dk.jpg

Name? Gaming alias?

My name Mark “h0oDLeSs” Macklin Jr.

Country of Origin?

USA

How did you come up with the name Hoodless?

TBH I never came up with the name “h0oDLeSs”. My friend was talking about a tag he had but lost the email to it. The original name he lost was “hoodless”(That name look good). So I made it upper case and a zero that can make it look right.

I remember your gamertag being completely different from the old days of playing with you on DOA4. Can you tell me your previous gamertag and why you changed it to Hoodless?

Yea dude, that name was “Kingof Dahood” and other names. “I Change names like a pair of draws” that’s quote from truehood if people remember him. The name “hoodless” stuck to me and really like it.

Who are your main characters in DOA5LR?

The characters I main is Rig, Zack, Hitomi, Jacky, Hayate.

Why did you decide on picking *those characters* over all the cast? Can you breakdown your characters pros and cons?

I pick those characters because they looked fun to play with except handicap hayate Lmao.

How long have you been playing DOA casually and competitively?

I can’t say that I played casually because I’m a competitor to any game I play. So really I started playing competitively offline in 2012.

If you were to describe your play style in 3 words; What would they be?

The 3 Words I will be is; Cool, Calm, Collected

Is there a glaring weakness you would like to improve upon?

Is there weakness now, no sir. The weakness before is just I wasn’t playing how I wanted to play

in tournaments and train players not to do stuff but randomly that thing happens. So I learned just play my game and keep it moving.

What's your typical routine when preparing for an upcoming tournament? Do you have any players you spar or train with for an upcoming tournament?

I don’t have a typical routine but I mostly relearn certain MUs and find new tech for my characters. I play with numerous players in lobbies lol but I mainly play with Mz hoodless, Hajin(When he’s available) , TK cloud and Shin Ryujin(When he’s available)

What are the tournaments you have attended? What were those results you had on those tournaments?

Its 8 plus tournaments I went too. This year I went to KiT 15(5th) MWC(1st) FR16(7th) Combobreaker(2nd) SJ9(5th) AB6 (2nd). The next tournament I’m going to is Youmacon . That’s on Halloween in Detroit, Michigan.

DOA5LR SJ9 TOP8 Lopedo (Jann Lee) vs SRM Hoodless TK (Rig)

You have been consistently performing well throughout this entire year at all the majors you have attended. How do you do it? Any secrets?

Aw thanks dude. It’s no secrets dude I just adapt to people and situations.

Any upcoming tournaments you will be participating in the near future?

Like I said before I’m going Youmacon on Halloween and after that is NEC

How do you think you will do in this year's NEC?

I think I will do well at NEC.

A couple of international players are coming to this tournament such as Teru_Rock, Gehaktbal and Java Curry Akira. How do you think they will perform?

Gehaktbal prove it last year at TFC that he’s capable to get Top 8. I know he’s setting his goal higher now. For Teru and JCA its DOA anything can happen.

Which version of DOA do you like the most? Why?

DOA2U will always be my favorite because it had online feature, love the stages, I actually liked tag on that game lol, and my character was good. That’s hitomi BTW.

Is there anything you would like to see changed, added or deleted in DOA5LR such as character balances, more characters or stages?

On the top of my head they give us more characters. The main problem is net code basically.

Any players you enjoy watching or would like to play against?

I enjoy good matches don’t matter who you are.

Do you have any mentors in DOA?

My mentors are Allan Paris and Shin Ryujin. I always ask for advice time to time.

How is the Midwest scene been? Can you tell us more about your scene and the players you have over there? Are there any ways you can think of improving your scene and its growth?

It’s growing slowly but getting there. I met a couple people that are in my city that play and got them interested to get better. I have players like Dark Souls, DvineHarmony, TK Cloud, mz hoodless and others I can’t name on top of my head. For improving it is to get players to try out the game.

Who are the players need to be aware of in East Coast scene?

From the Midwest is Lopdeo, Me and my upcoming players TK Cloud, Dark Souls, and DvineHarmony.

Do you have a personal tier list on DOA5LR?

I can say Top 5 but not in order. Its Rig, Gen Fu ,Christie, Helena and Lei fang.

Do you have a Twitter, Facebook or Youtube channel people can follow you on?

My twitter is @ihoodless YT: ih0odless FB: Mark Macklin

Any last messages? Shoutouts?

I give a S/o to my Chicago players they stepping up their game I’m proud of that. S/o to the Clique Y’all knows who you are. S/o to Seraphim and UDLR for putting me on their team and to show them I can do it. And last but not least Amber, Being there for me.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD