Need help, please serious answers only

Fiend Busa

Standard Donor
For once I would like to be serious and ask for some advice

Does anyone know any way to reduce upper back pain from standing for long amounts of hours? My job consists of standing at one spot for 8 hours and man the upper back starts hurting really bad after 4-5 hours and then until my shift ends I am dying of pain lol

Thanks

DeadlyChase

There are a lot of factors that can cause pain in the region between the shoulder blades. The most common cause is overload to the muscles that support our necks. Our head weighs about as much as a bowling ball. If we have a posture with forward rounded shoulders and a forward flexed neck. Then we are putting a lot of strain on those muscles that keep our head from falling forward. We overload these muscles by maintaining this slouched posture for extended periods of time with imbalances and bad habits.

It takes a long time to change postural habits, but there are a number of things that can be done in the short and long term to address these issues.
1. Postural awareness. Just by being aware of when we slouch we can begin to make changes.
2. Exercises to correct imbalances.
3. Posture braces can help with posture re-education. If it really becomes a big problem.

Last edited:

Fiend Busa

Standard Donor
ok thanks guys bought myself some dr.scholls insoles for back pain and will see if they help

DeadlyChase

I'm sorry for assuming you may have poor posture, but if you're young. There's a good chance it is posture. Standing for a very long time sometimes makes a person slouch, and other things. Good luck :)

ok thanks guys bought myself some dr.scholls insoles for back pain and will see if they help

Fiend Busa

Standard Donor
I'm sorry for assuming you may have poor posture, but if you're young. There's a good chance it is posture. Standing for a very long time sometimes makes a person slouch, and other things. Good luck :)

I always stand straight unless im on computer then I am like this guy, bad habit I know :p
South-Park-WoW-Guy.jpg

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD