DOA5U Need help with Ayane and DOA in general

Hello to anyone who see's this, and I'm sure very few will (lol). 5 days ago I was introduced to DOA and fell in love with the game instantly. The game as a whole and the community is really nice and fun to play with.
Regardless of how I feel about the game, I'm getting my butt kicked by players of all ranks and regions.

I mean come on, I have 100 losses and 8 wins. The thing is - I'm trying to learn the game the right way by not mashing like other F ranks. I know the fundamentals of the game but I guess I just can't apply it in battle.

If anyone can lend some advice or take me under their wing take me under their wing to train me would be awesome. I guess you could say I'm reaching out for help? lol. thx.

HERE are the things i need:
Advice/tips
sparring partner/ trainer
Players that can help me improve
videos suggestions

It would also be great to hear other people's experience with the game.

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
I have an Ayane guide in this thread here that can help you get started in understanding this character. I also have a thread listing some of her moves that you'd want to know and get familiar as well in here.

There is also a video thread here that has names of four very good Ayane players linked to our Youtube channels if you'd like to observe any good play of the character.

I could try to play you a bit and give some advice. As for a sparring partner, I'd probably recommend @LunaKage right now since he's also pretty new to the game.

LunaKage

I'm the greatest Week 3 Ayane the world has ever seen >:3

I'd be happy to spar with you, I'm still new to the game but I have a grasp of the system mechanics and can totally help out with basic advice and such. As a new player it might be a lot to take in if you were to jump straight into getting advice from the top players, with me at the very least you can take it a bit slower.

I might be hard to teach because my hands have a history of Street Fighter. Dead or Alive is a whole different ball game. Way more complex in every way, but more fun in my opinion.

So I need a solid foundation before I really fight anyone, because my pride has been scarred after losing 60-80+ matches to my ruby rank friend. @_@

How long will it take to be proficient at the game?

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
I might be hard to teach because my hands have a history of Street Fighter. Dead or Alive is a whole different ball game. Way more complex in every way, but more fun in my opinion.

So I need a solid foundation before I really fight anyone, because my pride has been scarred after losing 60-80+ matches to my ruby rank friend. @_@

How long will it take to be proficient at the game?

That's dependent on the individual themselves.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD