DOA5U Need help with some of Hayabusa's moves

KING JAIMY

I'm trying to relearn Hayabusa as I feel kinda ashamed after dropping him in DOA5.

Now, could any of you Hayabusa veterans please answer these questions?

1. How do you perform WR 4K CONSISTENTLY and FAST? After this CB combo for example: CB > 236P > PP4P > WR 4KP I sometimes end up with just 4K or WR 4K whiffs because I am doing it too slowly. As of now I use 334K to execute the move but I would like to know if there is another shortcut or easy method to perform this move.

2. What are Hayabusa's options after CH 64T? I can't seem to find any guaranteed combos so could anyone of you please give me some recommendations? Mindgames/reset set-ups are also welcomed! :)

3. What are Hayabusa's best openers on the road to a CB? Any particular moves I should definitely use? (Both on normal hit and counter hit?)

4. How do you perform the third part of Senko Izuna (67H ... ) consistently?

5. Which wall combos do you recommend? Especially need help with this because wall combos nets insane damage to your opponent.

Answers to any of these questions is very much appreciated! :hayabusa:

TheRealCoxinator

Here ya go bud. This may not help with headstands, but I can't do those either. Best advice for them tho, during combos I hold 3 for a little bit before hitting 4K. You could set up the AI in training and just practice the izuna, and just about everything else is in the vid.

Last edited:

KuRuPt

Premium Donor
1. Some of the combos involving the WR4K have very strict timing. If 4K is coming out, you might be inputting 3 too early. Practice the timing of WR4K in the combo, paying close attention to when you start the input. In combos, I input it as TheRealCoxinator said above. I will hold 3 for a short while then input 4K. After CB I always go for Shoho izuna. It does the most damage and will work on all weights. Off a high launch of 236P, I usually opt for PKK or air throw after PP4P.

2. For 46T, on CH/HCH, you can get a guaranteed 3P which causes a BT limbo stun. From there you can go for a guaranteed launch with 4K or go for a mix-up (1P, P, etc.). On normal hit 46T, your best bet is 6P (if their backs end up against the wall, 6PK). After that, you can do whatever. I commonly like to follow up with P > 4H+K_214P. Your options are similar to what you have in regular stun, (stun, launch, CB, bait izuna, 46T reset, etc.). Take your pick.

3. NH: 6K, Ongyoin 6P/6P+K, 4H+K, 214P, SSP
CH: 6P, 3P, P, 1P

4. Pray to the izuna gods and practice. Keep in mind the third part is same as the other izunas in terms of execution. The only thing changing is the timing. You will need to input the 2nd and 3rd parts quickly.

5. If you're in stance after the wall bounce, you can go for Ongyoin K > air throw. Otherwise, after wall bounce, PKK, PP4P6P, 8KK, 6PK, 236P > air throw (strict) are viable. Most of these will give you opportunities to continue pressure on wake-up if you choose to. His wall damage is moderate. The damage off ceilings, breakables, and other environmentals however is where he really shines (e.g. * > 214P > Shoho-izuna).

Last edited:

KING JAIMY

1. Some of the combos involving the WR4K have very strict timing. If 4K is coming out, you might be inputting 3 too early. Practice the timing of WR4K in the combo, paying close attention to when you start the input. In combos, I input it as TheRealCoxinator said above. I will hold 3 for a short while then input 4K. After CB I always go for Shoho izuna. It does the most damage and will work on all weights. Off a high launch of 236P, I usually opt for PKK or air throw after PP4P.

2. For 64T, on CH/HCH, you can get a guaranteed 3P which causes a BT limbo stun. From there you can go for a guaranteed launch with 4K or go for a mix-up (1P, P, etc.). On normal hit 64T, your best bet is 6P (if their backs end up against the wall, 6PK). After that, you can do whatever. I commonly like to follow up with P > 4H+K_214P. Your options are similar to what you have in regular stun, (stun, launch, CB, bait izuna, 64T reset, etc.). Take your pick.

3. 6P, 6K, 3P, P, 4H+K, 214P, 33P, Ongyoin 6P, Ongyoin PP, 1P, SSP, Ongyoin H (parry)

4. Pray to the izuna gods and practice. Keep in mind the third part is same as the other izunas in terms of execution. The only thing changing is the timing. You will need to input the 2nd and 3rd parts quickly.

5. If you're in stance after the wall bounce, you can go for Ongyoin K > air throw. Otherwise, after wall bounce, PKK, PP4P6P, 8KK, 6PK, 236P > air throw (strict) are viable. Most of these will give you opportunities to continue pressure on wake-up if you choose to. His wall damage is moderate. The damage off ceilings, breakables, and other environmentals however is where he really shines.

Thanks so much man this really helped me improve my Hayabusa! :)

Brute

Standard Donor
Best openers on the road to a CB are honestly his lift stuns (6K, 3P, 6P+K and ongyoin 6P). Note that 214P guarantees a CB follow-up from crit/ level 2, but since it's long it must be preceded by a lift stun. 4H+K into 6P also functions as a 2-in-1 for extending the threshold, and CH 6P provides a nice, extended stun as well for multiple follow-ups.

For the Senko, I'd honestly recommend checking out my Izuna tutorial video. I know it's kinda long, but using the method I describe there will make izunas a cinch. I go over all 6 versions of it (including the Senko) and it's not as intimidating as it looks.

As for wall bounce combos, it depends on your lead-in and weight classes and all that, but in general your BnB is PKK. From onygoin, it is K then PKK. I would not recommend the air throw unless your opponent is almost dead and you just need that extra bit of damage to push them over or if you are hitting them into a "cutscene" danger zone, such as the generator on the top floor of scramble, the barrier in Hot Zone, cliffhanger walls, etc. The reason for this is because the air throw has an absurd amount of recovery frames, so your options are far more limited during the follow oki/wake-up situation. Ending with PKK gives you plenty of frames to enter any number of mix-ups and approaches, whether your opponent techs, kicks, or waits.

KING JAIMY

Best openers on the road to a CB are honestly his lift stuns (6K, 3P, 6P+K and ongyoin 6P). Note that 214P guarantees a CB follow-up from crit/ level 2, but since it's long it must be preceded by a lift stun. 4H+K into 6P also functions as a 2-in-1 for extending the threshold, and CH 6P provides a nice, extended stun as well for multiple follow-ups.

For the Senko, I'd honestly recommend checking out my Izuna tutorial video. I know it's kinda long, but using the method I describe there will make izunas a cinch. I go over all 6 versions of it (including the Senko) and it's not as intimidating as it looks.

As for wall bounce combos, it depends on your lead-in and weight classes and all that, but in general your BnB is PKK. From onygoin, it is K then PKK. I would not recommend the air throw unless your opponent is almost dead and you just need that extra bit of damage to push them over or if you are hitting them into a "cutscene" danger zone, such as the generator on the top floor of scramble, the barrier in Hot Zone, cliffhanger walls, etc. The reason for this is because the air throw has an absurd amount of recovery frames, so your options are far more limited during the follow oki/wake-up situation. Ending with PKK gives you plenty of frames to enter any number of mix-ups and approaches, whether your opponent techs, kicks, or waits.
Thanks for sharing this information. Your Izuna Tutorial was very helpful too.

Lulu

I was actually struggling with the hand stand a few hours ago...... I couldn't even perform it by itself let alone with in a Combo.
The problem is when I hold three to crouch, the handstand doesn't always come out, its too slow and its telegraphed from miles away.
I still don't know exactly how Team Ninja are expecting people to input it so I'l just tell you every method I tried...
1) At first I would hold 1 then roll the thumb stick into 4 and I would get the hand stand like 60 percent of the time..... it was still painfull slow, I couldn't use it in combo.

2) Then after that I start treating it as a tilt move, I would flick the thumb stick into 1 and flick it again into 4... I do this very quickly and not only did increase the consistancy of the handstand but it was nice and quick, I could genuinely surprise someone with this method.... but for some inexplicable reason it never comes out in a combo... I'm not exaggerating, it really does never ever come out when I try to perform it after any string.... not once... not ever.

3) The method I used to finally get the hand stand to come out faster was flicking the thumb stick towards 3 then 4.... it still nice and quick and sometimes I could get it to follow pretty close after a string.
I managed to land a hand stand once and only once in a juggle..... I did that a few hours ago. I don't know if I'm doing it right but I did it... somehow.

Its been a couple months, did you get the hang of it ?

KING JAIMY

I was actually struggling with the hand stand a few hours ago...... I couldn't even perform it by itself let alone with in a Combo.
The problem is when I hold three to crouch, the handstand doesn't always come out, its too slow and its telegraphed from miles away.
I still don't know exactly how Team Ninja are expecting people to input it so I'l just tell you every method I tried...
1) At first I would hold 1 then roll the thumb stick into 4 and I would get the hand stand like 60 percent of the time..... it was still painfull slow, I couldn't use it in combo.

2) Then after that I start treating it as a tilt move, I would flick the thumb stick into 1 and flick it again into 4... I do this very quickly and not only did increase the consistancy of the handstand but it was nice and quick, I could genuinely surprise someone with this method.... but for some inexplicable reason it never comes out in a combo... I'm not exaggerating, it really does never ever come out when I try to perform it after any string.... not once... not ever.

3) The method I used to finally get the hand stand to come out faster was flicking the thumb stick towards 3 then 4.... it still nice and quick and sometimes I could get it to follow pretty close after a string.
I managed to land a hand stand once and only once in a juggle..... I did that a few hours ago. I don't know if I'm doing it right but I did it... somehow.

Its been a couple months, did you get the hang of it ?
Sorry for the late reply, but what I've been doing lately to get his WR 4KP / WR 4KK in a combo is:

:3::3: :5: :4::K::P: / :3::3: :5: :4::K::K:

Usually I just crouch dash buffer and I won't do 4K until I see Hayabusa crouching. I haven't nailed this move perfectly though, so I tend to go for his air throw more often than not as a combo finisher.

Lulu

Sorry for the late reply, but what I've been doing lately to get his WR 4KP / WR 4KK in a combo is:

:3::3: :5: :4::K::P: / :3::3: :5: :4::K::K:

Usually I just crouch dash buffer and I won't do 4K until I see Hayabusa crouching. I haven't nailed this move perfectly though, so I tend to go for his air throw more often than not as a combo finisher.

Well... I did it once.... not touching that one again unless I lose all my save data. Its just way to impractical, don't think I've ever seen anybody actually doing it either.

KING JAIMY

Well... I did it once.... not touching that one again unless I lose all my save data. Its just way to impractical, don't think I've ever seen anybody actually doing it either.
MASTER can do it consistently. But what do you expect... it's MASTER. I can do it more consistently offline than online, though it is a pain to perform in both scenarios.

Lulu

MASTER can do it consistently. But what do you expect... it's MASTER. I can do it more consistently offline than online, though it is a pain to perform in both scenarios.

Doesn't Master skip one of the inputs in that Combo Challenge to make it all fit ?
I mean I've only seen him play three times but due to the weight classes of the people he fights I think he removed one step to make it fit.

TheRealCoxinator

Doesn't Master skip one of the inputs in that Combo Challenge to make it all fit ?
I mean I've only seen him play three times but due to the weight classes of the people he fights I think he removed one step to make it fit.
If you remove a step then the relaunch from it will make you wiff the p and maybe the k. You can skip the 8p and just do the first half of the handstand and end with an airthrow.

Lulu

If you remove a step then the relaunch from it will make you wiff the p and maybe the k. You can skip the 8p and just do the first half of the handstand and end with an airthrow.

or maybe we're talking about different combos.

:9::K:
:3::P::P:
:236::P:
:8::P:
:P::P::4::P: ( the one I skip)
WR :4::K::K:

You know any of the combos with while rising moves or while crouching moves always leave you in the wrong stance required to actually effectively do the combos...
Bayman and Hayabusa have one where you use a launcher that leaves you BT and you need to tap :h: to turn around while the enemy is falling....

At first I thought nothing of it but I've encountered this so many times that I'm starting to think Team Ninja did this on purpose..... its annoying. *gently rubs his temples*

KING JAIMY

or maybe we're talking about different combos.

:9::K:
:3::P::P:
:236::P:
:8::P:
:P::P::4::P: ( the one I skip)
WR :4::K::K:

You know any of the combos with while rising moves or while crouching moves always leave you in the wrong stance required to actually effectively do the combos...
Bayman and Hayabusa have one where you use a launcher that leaves you BT and you need to tap :h: to turn around while the enemy is falling....

At first I thought nothing of it but I've encountered this so many times that I'm starting to think Team Ninja did this on purpose..... its annoying. *gently rubs his temples*
If the handstands really giving you a hard time, you are better off with the air throw finisher, imo. Much more consistent, requires less effort and the difference in damage is relatively small between the air throw and the handstand.

TheRealCoxinator

That's not really a very good combo at all, especially since they are all mids and pretty straightforward. Generally, the best combo to get on hi-c is 4k,ongoyin k, 8p, WRkp. You can remove the 8p and it gives plenty time to do WRk, just don't do the second p part and it gives enough time to end with an air throw. The only negative I can think of that comes with an airthrow instead of a headstand is that you can't pressure as well and I don't think WRkp splats.

Lulu

If the handstands really giving you a hard time, you are better off with the air throw finisher, imo. Much more consistent, requires less effort and the difference in damage is relatively small between the air throw and the handstand.

Doesn't matter.....if I keep doing the samething I'l get held or something..... the more things I can do the better....
Its a good thing I was wide awake that time I did that combo successfully because usually after banging my head against the wall I get so exhausted I might connect a difficult move but then miss the finnisher...... nothing zaps the strenght out of me more than when that happens. :confused:

Brute

Standard Donor
If you're having problems with the WR4KP combo finisher, the air throw is not a good substitute.

Use his other strike finishers, especially if near a wall or breakable object (you know my favorite).

Lulu

If you're having problems with the WR4KP combo finisher, the air throw is not a good substitute.

Use his other strike finishers, especially if near a wall or breakable object (you know my favorite).

Hayabusa does have a lot of moves..... if I can make a substitute (like I did with Helena) then I'l be more than happy.

Brute

Standard Donor
Hayabusa does have a lot of moves..... if I can make a substitute (like I did with Helena) then I'l be more than happy.
Will depend on the scenario, but try PKK, PP4P6P, 6PK, H+KKK or even 7K. I prefer all of those to the air throw due to it's ludicrous recovery frames.

Lulu

How fast is that handstand anyway.... it always counter hits me and its always a surprise when It catches Me.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD