Need some juggling help

lawgamer

1) :3_::P: is a great juggle filler. The fastest input method during a combo would be :6::6::3::P:. But even when I input dash and then :3::P:, I often get the usual :3::P: - not useful at all. What am I doing wrong?
2) :4::4::P::5::P:... The :P: after launch either hits perfectly high, or misses completely below the opponent. Again I just don't understand the trick here. Is it a just frame input?
3) :3::P: misses on a grounded opponent. I thought it's Gen Fu's force tech. Wrong again? Situational? Patched?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Lulu

1) 3(hold)P is a great juggle filler. The fastest input method during a combo would be 663P. But even when I input dash and then 3P, I often get the usual 3P - not useful at all. What am I doing wrong?

Its actually :6::6::3_: not :6::6::3:..... I confirmed it a while back.....even if you're crouching :3_: must be held down for specific amount of frames.... maybe its 3 just like in VF.

Anyway heres how the mechanic works...... theres no way to actually buffer Gen Fu's :3_::P: however..... thats not what the :6::6::3_: method does...... what you can do, however is Buffer :6::6::3_: and then press :P: when Gen Fu recovers from whatever animation you performed last. Understanding how this mechanic works will help with your consistency and help you troubleshoot what went wrong if it fails..... BTW I can't actually perform the move using that method.... its too difficult for my thumb. So I stick to the method the game reccomended: which is :6::3_:. Its a pain in the ass to time.

2) 44P>P... The P after launch either hits perfectly high, or misses completely below the opponent. Again I just don't understand the trick here. Is it a just frame input?
Unfortunately theres no trick for that move.... its all about timing it just right. I don't get Consistent launch heights from that move.

3) 3P misses on a grounded opponent. I thought it's Gen Fu's force tech. Wrong again? Situational? Patched?
If you're fighting the AI then that move will never work.... it can Wake Up Kick and Roll Faster than we can..... as for human opponents, its no secrete than when Gen Fu does his :6::P::P::P: juggles that the protocol should always be to Tech Backwards..... the reason it aint working might be because its been abused so much. Now people are always looking for it.

Last edited:

lawgamer

Its actually :6::6::3_: not :6::6::3:..... I confirmed it a while back.....even if you're crouching :3_: must be held down for specific amount of frames.... maybe its 3 just like in VF.

Anyway heres how the mechanic works...... theres no way to actually buffer Gen Fu's :3_::P: however..... thats not what the :6::6::3_: method does...... what you can do, however is Buffer :6::6::3_: and then press :P: when Gen Fu recovers from whatever animation you performed last.

Ok, I didn't know that, thanks. Thought that :6: :6: :3_: shortens the amount of frames needed for "while crouching" state.

But I still don't get it. Why should I input the whole thing then? Why just pressing :3_: during previous move doesn't work?

Lulu

Ok, I didn't know that, thanks. Thought that :6: :6: :3_: shortens the amount of frames needed for "while crouching" state.

But I still don't get it. Why should I input the whole thing then? Why just pressing :3_: during previous move doesn't work?

Because the game insists that you must strictly being Crouching when you attempt that move. Holding down :3_: during recovery will cause your character to immediately crouch but for some reason the game takes a while to register holding:3: as a :3_: input. Pressing :6::3_: essentially means you're telling the game that: "I want you to give me :3_: as soon as I recover".

Personally I don't like this mechanic. Its so frustrating.

The funny thing is Jacky has a similiar move but its much much easier to perform.

Lulu

For :3_::P:, you can think of the move as :3::3::P:. That's how most Helena players do it anyway.

Gen Fu doesn't have a :3::3::P: command right ? That method could work. However I suck at that method because I keep getting :236::P: for some strange reason.

KING JAIMY

Gen Fu doesn't have a :3::3::P: command right ? That method could work. However I suck at that method because I keep getting :236::P: for some strange reason.
Gen Fu does have a 33P.

The thing about Helena's 3_P is that you can input it in a multitude of ways, including While crouching 3P, 33P, 3_P or 663P. With most of the other 3_P's 663P seems to be the only reliable method to get the input down. Helena's one is not as strict.

Lulu

LoL..... Tina has that move too. And it just so happens to be her fastest mid and her best Stun Extender.

And I totally forgot about Gen Fu's :3::3::P:..... thats that move he uses to get guarantees on crouching opponents.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD