New Character Rig joins the Dead or Alive 5 Cast

It looks like Rig has finally been announced, and with it is a new trailer of him fighting Christie and Bass on an oil rig.

[medio]450[/medio]

Rig is a Tae Kwon Do user from Canada who apparently is working on an oil rig with Bass Armstrong of all people. Bass is also repairing his bike while in the middle of the ocean doing his job in the mean time. You even get to see a return of his DOA3.1/3.2 4F+P launching throw.

Apparently there's also some history with Rig and Christie. I'm sure we'll find out once the game hits store shelves on September 25th so be sure to pick up your copy at launch day.

Update: Koei-Tecmo has provided the following bio for Rig:

Koei-Tecmo said:
Rig
- A natural born fighter, he has used his powerful instincts to master of the art of taekwondo. He has run the oil rig from a young age, and his colleagues simply call him "Rig." But even he doesn't know his real name or where he comes from.

Fighting Style: He learned taekwondo on the oil rig, which led him to create his own style, with plenty of moves he came up with himself.

The stills for Bass and Rig are displayed below:

Screens released related to the trailer:

Stage

Rig versus Bass

Rig versus Christie

English voiceover is a bit boring but that could have a lot to do with being used to the Japanese voices. The TKD style seems to fit right in and looks pretty sweet.

EDIT: I know this is definitely news, but shouldn't this be in DoA5 general? Most of the stuff there would be classified as 'news' too. Just a thought. Might be seen more easily there.

A little lack luster but Rig looks cool and the stage seems pretty cool too. Even though yet again its a square stage that leads to another square stage and so on. And english voices sound ok not as good as the japanese voices though.

hmm I might have to main Rig over Lee lol. I can see hints of Ein,Hitomi, and Jean with a lil of Sarah from VF, on a side note who is that voice actor? Ive heard it before----sounds like barry pepper who voiced Alex Mercer from prototype who rig does kinda look like

A little lack luster but Rig looks cool and the stage seems pretty cool too. Even though yet again its a square stage that leads to another square stage and so on. And english voices sound ok not as good as the japanese voices though.

If you want to get technical its a rectangular stage, leading to a smaller rectangular stage, leading to a larger cross-shaped stage.

That said, why worry as long as there is effective stuff to use?

Is it really that game changing to go from fighting in a giant square to fighting in a giant rhombus?

His moves are cool. His power blow too.
Happy for Bass' throw which is back from the dead.
And Christie looks georgous...

And I'm not afraid anymore about that Story mode, i'm sure we'll have something interesting..

It doesn't matter what the stage is like. I just want to know if I can slam someone through the grating with my fucking Izuna Drop. That's all I care about right now.

Dub, wtf... I was so tempted to mute it but it was too corny to resist.

It's interesting how the themed outfits tie into the story. Now I'm wondering what's Hitomi doing in a circus, with Zack no less :)

Otherwise not a fan of TKD or Rig's design. One more bald anti-hero, coming right up.

hmm I might have to main Rig over Lee lol. I can see hints of Ein,Hitomi, and Jean with a lil of Sarah from VF, on a side note who is that voice actor? Ive heard it before----sounds like barry pepper who voiced Alex Mercer from prototype who rig does kinda look like

If I had to guess the English voice actor for Rig, I'd say This Guy.

You have to listen to multiple voice samples to really get an idea of the mans range, though. Just pure theory crafting of course.

Without his hood Rig looks like a mix between Cole from Infamous and Jake Muller from Resident Evil 6.

TKD is a style DOA needed for the longest, and glad he has a cool down to earth type of personality.

As badass as he seems, I don't see me playing with him against people, I'll more so just learns his moves like strengths/weaknesses for match-up purposes.

Bass looks to be in DOA3 form which is good news, I wanna see a bit more of him though....no brainier because we all wanna see more of DOA5.

Wonder when we'll be getting that "Tag Team" trailer from the E3 pictures posted by IGN?

Mila "Hope you're a female Boxer"...

Oh and Christie..."Looks like a bag full of hella sexy"...

If you want to get technical its a rectangular stage, leading to a smaller rectangular stage, leading to a larger cross-shaped stage.

That said, why worry as long as there is effective stuff to use?

Is it really that game changing to go from fighting in a giant square to fighting in a giant rhombus?

I just kinda miss the old DOA stages they seem more dynamic and less obvious. This time around they all seem to go the same. Square/rectangle down to another one.

I just kinda miss the old DOA stages they seem more dynamic and less obvious. This time around they all seem to go the same. Square/rectangle down to another one.

Compared to Soul Calibur, this games level design is 5000% original. Besides most of these are not "perfect" shapes, as they have solid unbreakable objects protruding from the walls which disrupt the intended "shape".

But seriously, play SC as a series and you'll notice that every single stage throughout the series is literally just a palette swap from its predecessor with the exception of like two.

Compared to Soul Calibur, this games level design is 5000% original. Besides most of these are not "perfect" shapes, as they have solid unbreakable objects protruding from the walls which disrupt the intended "shape".

But seriously, play SC as a series and you'll notice that every single stage throughout the series is literally just a palette swap from its predecessor with the exception of like two.

Yeah i have soul calibur 5 and yes the stages suck. They look nice but are boring. But i guess im just used to those DOA4 stages. Falling out windows, down stairs, off slopes etc. Also there were multiple ways of stage transitions

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD