New to FSD? Introduce yourself here.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Hey, I am new here as well. Hit the game up. Played DOA2,3and 4 but wanna play this one more seriously. Any good Brad Wong players or Brad Wong threads where I can find sone training partners?

Welcome Brandiai, just recently I've been learning the game little by little and joined up the site not too long ago as well. Hopefully we can sign in more often!

Brandrai

Thank you for the warm welcome guys. And thx for the link for the Brad forum. Anyone on ps4 who is good with brad wong or honoka?

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Thank you for the warm welcome guys. And thx for the link for the Brad forum. Anyone on ps4 who is good with brad wong or honoka?

Most of the players who play the character have vanished from the site, some post in social sites like FB or Twitter.

@Sly Bass plays him now so he can help you, or anyone else that can help you.

technocrow

Hello! I am entirely new to DOA! I've been trying to venture out to other fighters and this seemed like a fun one. Can someone tell me a good place to start and learn the bare basics? I've really enjoyed what I've played so far.

UpSideDownGRUNT

Hello! I am entirely new to DOA! I've been trying to venture out to other fighters and this seemed like a fun one. Can someone tell me a good place to start and learn the bare basics? I've really enjoyed what I've played so far.
This seems incredibly obvious but, I highly recommend doing the tutorial a bunch of times to get a feel for the mechanics.

I also recommend beginner friendly characters like Hitomi, Ein, Rachel, Naotora Ii etc. Since they will ease you into the system with their easier combos and light execution.

technocrow

Thanks! It makes sense to start with the tutorial since I don't know much to start with. What mechanics would you say are essential to learn first? Is there anything that DOA does dramatically different from other fighters that I should take some time getting used to?

UpSideDownGRUNT

Thanks! It makes sense to start with the tutorial since I don't know much to start with. What mechanics would you say are essential to learn first? Is there anything that DOA does dramatically different from other fighters that I should take some time getting used to?
Holds, holds are 100% unique to DOA and ate used by a lot of different characters.

Hayabusa, Leifang, Marie Rose are characters that get a lot out of advanced and Expert Holds, another core mechanic is Stagger Escaping and learning how to throw punish.

Jackie Chan Fan

Welcome to FSD! You can start with the tutorial in the game. Forgot the exact name of the mode. It has a sequence of lessons that you can follow in order. There's the basic movements, attacks, throws, defense, etc.

:)

Sly Bass

Premium Donor

CRASHEM8000

Hi, I'm new to FSD but not new to DOA, since I started with DOA1 back when I was a kid that didn't know what a 'bouncing breast' was. XD

I generally just skulk around on PS4 and XBox One and punch people with Ein really hard. Also garner a lot of hate mail for it. Glad to be here!

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD