New to FSD? Introduce yourself here.

Pn33milan

You don't really need to play online to enjoy the game ;)

If you really don't like the mechanics, I guess there's nothing we can do :rolleyes:

Dark_Blood_NG

I'd like to say its not that hard but... but I don't know what's your History with Fighting Games.

What have you tried before ?
I played SFIII: Third Strike and SF4 mostly. I played FG's for four years, online and offline, but I didn't get any substantial improvements. In the recent years I've had problems with my internet provider and I don't have a stable connection anymore. Also, I don't like when I have to rely on other people to play games. I want to play anytime I want :)

You don't really need to play online to enjoy the game ;)
Has DOA nice single player mode, like NG?

Lulu

I played SFIII: Third Strike and SF4 mostly. I played FG's for four years, online and offline, but I didn't get any substantial improvements. In the recent years I've had problems with my internet provider and I don't have a stable connection anymore. Also, I don't like when I have to rely on other people to play games. I want to play anytime I want :)

LoL... SF4 is the most difficult Fighting Game I've had the displeasure of playing. Dead or Alive is way easier by comparison... of course how difficult the game is is merely a hurdle and not any indication of how much you'l enjoy it. So unfortunately you'l have to try it for youself and see if you like it.... I will say not having anyone to play with will hamper how much enjoyment you can get out of it.... so that's one thing to consider.

Also Naotora & Mai are DLC Characters so if you're having internet troubles like I am then you may not be able to download them... and all the other updates.

Has DOA nice single player mode, like NG?

NOPE !!!... well I mean its got a Story Mode and Arcade modes but I certainly wouldn't place those above NG... I enjoyed it as an extra but its not something I would deliberately seek out in this type of game.

Dark_Blood_NG

SF4 is the most difficult Fighting Game I've had the displeasure of playing [...] of course how difficult the game is is merely a hurdle and not any indication of how much you'l enjoy it
I guess you didn't like it... me too to be quite honest. I was playing it because I had people in my area to play with. Ad yes, I know FG's don't make much sense in single player, though Pn33milan said I could have enjoyed DOA offline and I thought it had some good single player AI or such... he probably referred to playing offline with people.

Lulu

I guess you didn't like it... me too to be quite honest.
Thats an understatement.
I hated it. :mad: actually its not really the game itself that bothers me... its everybody (including Capcom themselves) saying the game is Accessible when it obviously is not.

Ad yes, I know FG's don't make much sense in single player, though Pn33milan said I could have enjoyed DOA offline and I thought it had some good single player AI or such... he probably referred to playing offline with people.

Now I can't speak for anyone but I've sunk over 500 Hours into DoA just playing the AI, now the AI is not great.... Infact its a cheating Bastard... but I'd still rather play DoA against the AI than play Street Fighter against other people... yep... I'm weird like that. :cool:

Pn33milan

Yes I refer to playing against the AI in general.
I mean, considering the last year I got every day less people to play with, I still enjoyed to get back even only to practice some combos and try and find some ranked matches.
I just enjoy the fighting system, that's it ;)

About SF4.... It was not my favourite either -_-
I'm not that good at 2d fighters, but SF4 is a game that incentivises those who know and penalizes those who don't know (timing, combos, matchups, crossups...). I didn't like it.
The community was huge, but still there were no openings for me -_-

At least KOF has good characters, and some old school games like darkstalkers and garou are still kicking today ^_^

Last edited:

Dark_Blood_NG

So, as I said, I perfectly understand your sentiments about SFIV, guys.

@King Anubis: thank you so much for helping, though my connection is not suitable for playing online, and also I don't have the game :-(

Zero Beat

Welcome, @Dark_Blood_NG! I recently went through Ninja Gaiden Black on normal again recently because it's BC on Xbox One now, and that game is still a masterpiece, the emulation on the Xbone seems much better than it was on the 360, and I did a lot better than I remember doing back in the day.

Dark_Blood_NG

Welcome, @Dark_Blood_NG! I recently went through Ninja Gaiden Black on normal again recently because it's BC on Xbox One now, and that game is still a masterpiece, the emulation on the Xbone seems much better than it was on the 360, and I did a lot better than I remember doing back in the day.
No Xbone though... I played on 360 and unfortunately I lost all my saves :-(
Great game though, I agree, the most polished. I like the modern ones too, though.

illninofan

Welcome to FSD, illninofan!

We have threads discussing frame data, hit boxes, and all those stuff. Hope it helps.

Thanks.

I've noticed those threads, but for the life of me, I still can't figure out how to apply that information to my training...not yet. The only things I can gather are helping with building refined strategies, and having a massive base of knowledge from which your reactions can draw from (what Daniel Kahneman calls "System 1" (reactions) and "System 2" (base of knowledge) modes).

Last edited:

Leifang

Hello,

I hope that your stay here is pleasant, and that you can make new friends while learning the ins and outs of the Dead or Alive series. Feel free to post in this thread, say hello, and tell everyone about yourself.
Hello and welcome to free step dodge!! ^_^

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD