New to FSD? Introduce yourself here.

illninofan

New player here. Started about a week ago. Doing Story Mode and have been mixing in a little tutorial and training here and there. But my controller needs some adjustment before I can truly commit a lot of time (dpad and analog stick are functioning differently).

Anyway, still deciding on who to main. So tough w/ so many, uhh, nice things to look at. But i have it narrowed down to these 7:
:nyotengu::momiji::lisa::leifang::honoka::zack::genfu:

btw, who's the artist behind those character icons and are there larger, full versions?

Welcome, fellow Honoka main. :)

Onryoki

Standard Donor
New player here. Started about a week ago. Doing Story Mode and have been mixing in a little tutorial and training here and there. But my controller needs some adjustment before I can truly commit a lot of time (dpad and analog stick are functioning differently).

Anyway, still deciding on who to main. So tough w/ so many, uhh, nice things to look at. But i have it narrowed down to these 7:

btw, who's the artist behind those character icons and are there larger, full versions?
Heyy welcome to FSD! To answer your questions there aren’t any bigger versions of the icons and I believe the owner of this forum @Mr. Wah made the icons, I believe.
Since you’re new here, I would like to redirect you to this character guide made by @Sly Bass and fellow members of this forum, It’s a really helpful guide where you can figure out which character fits your playstyle the best. Here’s the guide: http://www.freestepdodge.com/threads/complete-character-guides-frame-data.6772/#post-348061
If you need help and you’re on PS4, feel free to add me. My PSN is Xx_Onryoh_xX

Last edited:

KnacKrover

Hey welcome aboard as you main Lisa, Leifang and Gen Fu it is so pleasure to meet you:)
here's my psn id: KKRover

delSai

Heya, been lurking for a while, reading guides n all that trying to improve. I started late '17 (although i did play through the story on Ps3 when it was free for Ps+ users) due to being annoyed by 2D fighters and their projectile stuff and now i'm pretty much addicted to the game. Unfortunately not a lot of people still play it online anymore and those who do are usually reeeally good and way above my league, so i stick to AI matches which definitely won't help me get better and probably even has the opposite effect. Thankfully i was able to meet a guy online who i play with every now and then + people from another forum that i try to play with every saturday, but that group lost most of it's people, which is fair because they probably put in a shit ton of time already.

Lisa is my go to character, but i'm honestly not sure if i made the right choice with her lol. Other characters i've been messing with are Mila, Rachel, Honoka, Bass, and currently Kokoro and Nyotengu. I think i'm aware of my shortcomings and try to get better but i don't think that's possible anymore in DOA5 heh, it's just preparation for 6.

But yea, i'm hooked on DOA and will continue to support and play the series. I'd also appreciate if anyone would be down for some matches and maybe teach me a thing or two. Thats all :lisa:

Onryoki

Standard Donor
Heya, been lurking for a while, reading guides n all that trying to improve. I started late '17 (although i did play through the story on Ps3 when it was free for Ps+ users) due to being annoyed by 2D fighters and their projectile stuff and now i'm pretty much addicted to the game. Unfortunately not a lot of people still play it online anymore and those who do are usually reeeally good and way above my league, so i stick to AI matches which definitely won't help me get better and probably even has the opposite effect. Thankfully i was able to meet a guy online who i play with every now and then + people from another forum that i try to play with every saturday, but that group lost most of it's people, which is fair because they probably put in a shit ton of time already.

Lisa is my go to character, but i'm honestly not sure if i made the right choice with her lol. Other characters i've been messing with are Mila, Rachel, Honoka, Bass, and currently Kokoro and Nyotengu. I think i'm aware of my shortcomings and try to get better but i don't think that's possible anymore in DOA5 heh, it's just preparation for 6.

But yea, i'm hooked on DOA and will continue to support and play the series. I'd also appreciate if anyone would be down for some matches and maybe teach me a thing or two. Thats all :lisa:
Heya, welcome! I’m still playing online but i’m on PS4 If You got a PS4 feel free to add me and i’ll Help you improve.

My PSN is Xx_Onryoh_xX

Derock

Hello everyone in the Dead or Alive community!!! The name's Derock! I joined here about a couple of years ago via lurking but never got a chance to post. Well, its better late than never I suppose, especially since yesterday was the announcement of DOA6!

Anyways, I've been a fighting gamer since the age of 3, first with Street Fighter II, Special Championship Edition for Sega Genesis and fell in love with the genre ever since and introduce me one of my favorite characters, Chun-Li. WIth DOA, I first heard of it back when 1 came out but didn't get a chance to play it (The PSX version was right in front of my face but I simply ignored it... :eek: ) but I managed to get DOA2 for the Dreamcast and I was hooked. And the character that caught my attention is, drum roll please.... *playing drums*

:kasumi: <--- This kunoichi captured my attention as her fighting style was easy to learn but hard to master and she became my main ever since.

Others so far I liked to play are: :leifang: :hitomi: :jannlee: :ayane: and :pai: (Pai is my VF main). Most of the stuff I'm still learning, even though 5 is done but most of the tactics and strategies I can learn and use in the upcoming 6, though I may missed Pai...

Besides DOA and SF, I play Tekken, VF, KOF, MK , Soul Calibur, and others.

Derock

Welcome Derock. I too will be practicing 5 super hard in preparation for 6. :)

Just started Tekken myself, but that might have to take a backseat for obvious reasons.

Thanks. Well, I'm on and off on 5 as well. After the support ended, it goes directly to the shelf unless someone wants a challenge.

Tekken, well even though I bought 7 (thanks to a sudden recommendation), I'm pissed off about it. You see, I'm a Chang main, Julia/Jaycee or Michelle, since day 1. 7 came out and no Chang in sight, I was flipping tables! Had to promote a secondary to primary, it pisses me off. I don't want to go on a rant about it now, I could save it for the Tekken thread.

ShowTime

Whats up, DOA community! Names ShowTime, or just Sho~ Hello from Russia.
Started my fighting games career since 2015 from DOA5LR. Still fallin' in love in this game. Main my one and only power girl :tina:

Now playin on Xbox and search Europe and East Coast players for lobbies, practice and fun, cause ranked is pretty dead T_T Please, add me in XBL!

And I very excited about DOA6 announcement! Time to comeback! Cheers~ ;)

Dionysus

Hello fellow humans. I play offline for fun and have never had interest in competitive gaming of any stripe. I do watch matches though.
I've played a lot of the games over the years but now am enjoying 5 on the PS4 at regular intervals. I also play VV in secret.
I most like :hitomi:for playing and otherwise.

As far as philosophy goes, I am a dadaist and nihilist so I don't think there's any meaning in sales figures.
よろしくお願いいたします。

branded_rick

Yo, I never thought I'd ever come here. I used to be part of DOA World before it got silent then eventually got nuked over a year ago. I was a mod and a content creator there. A lot of old friends transferred over here long before everyone gave up and left DOAW. I hope to find old faces but I wouldn't be surprised if they dont remember me anymore considering its been a very long time and Im going under a different name (for reasons I cant say). Dont worry I wont be of much trouble, this is my first time being here. I just miss being part of a DOA community.

Hint: I never would shut up about Fatal Frame / Project Zero that I would promote Fatal Frame 5 on the site when it was coming out. And Im super obsessed with Jann Lee.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD