New York DOA5

Mestizo

Standard Donor
hmm I dont suppose I could bring a 360 console and controllers so we can play 5U? Plus my fightstick is 360 only at the moment.

splslick

hmm I dont suppose I could bring a 360 console and controllers so we can play 5U? Plus my fightstick is 360 only at the moment.
Well, you are coming from another state even though its Jersey with a 360...That's a pretty far trip :O...I think it would just be better to just borrow a ps3 stick from the venue for 3 dollars :O...I will also bringing my ps3 stick as well so you can use that as well

Mestizo

Standard Donor
lol well I am from jersey city, its only across the river. Plus I am driving so no big deal. Do the sticks there or your own have an octo gate? The square gates hurt my soul :D

splslick

lol well I am from jersey city, its only across the river. Plus I am driving so no big deal. Do the sticks there or your own have an octo gate? The square gates hurt my soul :D
Well mine is a square gate but I am pretty sure there are octogate stick available...Not too sure to be honest

stinkymonz

Eh, the last time I was at Next Level they didn't seem to have PS3 sticks to rent. idk. Also, I swear they had vanilla DoA5 on their 360s.

Also, this will be Friday evening/night right? I should be able to make it. As long as, uh, no one minds that I play Alpha. I'll switch over to an actual 3D character when I get the time to learn one -- probably Tina or Lisa.

splslick

Eh, the last time I was at Next Level they didn't seem to have PS3 sticks to rent. idk. Also, I swear they had vanilla DoA5 on their 360s.

Also, this will be Friday evening/night right? I should be able to make it. As long as, uh, no one minds that I play Alpha. I'll switch over to an actual 3D character when I get the time to learn one -- probably Tina or Lisa.
They put vanilla Doa5 after Smithy and I complaining to them for 1 month straight lol....I don't mind Alpha since she isn't banned in tournament play....It would be for friday afternoon/evening/night lol

Tenryuga

Gonna be busy so I probably won't make it. Just to confirm our options though we have Next Level and Virtua Pai's house for casuals? Is there anyone else that would be able to host them? I just want to run everything by my parents so that there aren't any difficulties or hindrances when I plan to join you guys.

Tenryuga

I can't be too active at the moment because of college but I would definitely like to see some more planning going on. Everyone tells me NYC has a good amount of players but hardly anything goes on and the other day there was a meet up in Jersey. It would be nice if we could do something like that or host casuals on a more consistent basis so that in the chance people are free they can come to the thread and see something is going on.

Use the players in SoCal as motivation. They had close to no scene last year. Now they have wedsnday night fights or other events going on during the month. If they can set something up starting with like 3 people so can NYC. We have Jersey next door too so we can hit their threads up and see what's good and whatnot. Let's work together and build a scene already lmao. You can count on me to show when I'm available for sure.

splslick

I can't be too active at the moment because of college but I would definitely like to see some more planning going on. Everyone tells me NYC has a good amount of players but hardly anything goes on and the other day there was a meet up in Jersey. It would be nice if we could do something like that or host casuals on a more consistent basis so that in the chance people are free they can come to the thread and see something is going on.

Use the players in SoCal as motivation. They had close to no scene last year. Now they have wedsnday night fights or other events going on during the month. If they can set something up starting with like 3 people so can NYC. We have Jersey next door too so we can hit their threads up and see what's good and whatnot. Let's work together and build a scene already lmao. You can count on me to show when I'm available for sure.

You are absolutely right in that we should definitely try our best to get something going. I have definitely been slacking when it comes to trying to setup something here. I dont think trying to have sessions at Next Level will work since it seems traveling there is an issue for most ppl =[. I wouldn't mind hosting sessions at my place since I have a lot of free time. Just know that I don't have one of those lagless setups or crt tvs so I know that people will have issue with that. I am saving money for one though but that will take time. I would suggest using the facebook group as well to try to get something happening since I have noticed that there are a lot of people who are from NY but don't use the matchmaking thread for some reason

*I hope this makes some sense lol

Last edited:

Tenryuga

You are absolutely right in that we should definitely try our best to get something going. I have definitely been slacking when it comes to trying to setup something here. I dont think trying to have sessions at Next Level will work since it seems traveling there is an issue for most ppl =[. I wouldn't mind hosting sessions at my place since I have a lot of free time. Just know that I don't have one of those lagless setups or crt tvs so I know that people will have issue with that. I am saving money for one though but that will take time. I would suggest using the facebook group as well to try to get something happening since I have noticed that there are a lot of people who are from NY but don't use the matchmaking thread for some reason

*I hope this makes some sense lol

This is definitely a good idea and something I was actually going to start doing once I get more active. And don't worry about it man; You seem to put in the most work out of all of us in trying to set some things up. I feel so bad when I see you asking people when a good day for a session would be or trying to plan stuff and then nobody shows. You keep doing what you are doing and I'll do what I can to spread the word as well as show up to these when I have the chance.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
My fellow companions. We should get something going. I have all the tools needed, I have a Hauppauge PVR2 and an Elgato. I can do Stream. Whatever you guys need I'll be down to help. Just put me near a computer, adjust settings, adjust console settings and were all set.

I really like where this is going. This will be a grand experience for me because I myself never been on any offline sessions..but would like the experience because it will be a change that people can enjoy. I mean come on, were in NYC! I've grown tired of being left out whenever I go to tournament scenes and see people play anything other than DOA. Nothing but Marvel vs Capcom, SSBB, Tekken and SFxTkn. Not bashing these games but players just feel left out.

Also is there any like scenes for DOA5U in the bronx as of late?

Last edited:

Tenryuga

My fellow companions. We should get something going. I have all the tools needed, I have a Hauppauge PVR2 and an Elgato. I can do Stream. Whatever you guys need I'll be down to help. Just put me near a computer, adjust settings, adjust console settings and were all set.

I really like where this is going. This will be a grand experience for me because I myself never been on any offline sessions..but would like the experience because it will be a change that people can enjoy. I mean come on, were in NYC! I've grown tired of being left out whenever I go to tournament scenes and see people play anything other than DOA. Nothing but Marvel vs Capcom, SSMB, Tekken and SFxTkn. Not bashing these games but players just feel left out.

Also is there any like scenes for DOA5U in the bronx as of late?

Not that I know of. The spot usually used for casuals is the Next Level Arcade in brooklyn. But yo its sick that you have all that equipment; we definitely need to get something going and take advantage of it!

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Haven't been in Brooklyn in quite awhile. It's no wonder why i didn't really know:eek:.

Absolutely. I record all matches without the use of the DOA5U uploader, and do all my editing with Sony Vegas & Adobe CS6. Whatever you guys need I'll do my best to help. I'm familiar with parts of the Bronx & Manhattan so distance shouldn't be a problem for me unless it's Brooklyn (Which i'm somewhat familiar..not fully.)

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD